If you don't like it, learn to love it!

Posted by capocastillo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: If you don't like it, learn to love it!
December 19, 2007 03:03PM
*blinks* They're going to unleash the other five corps in just a year? That's way too fast, doesn't anything get a nice slow and reasonable build-up anymore? How are they justifying the appearance and manufacture of all those rings and members, plus the training and organization in such a short time period?

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Godiva Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Seraphim Character Sheet

[www.furaffinity.net] Art by Marvel Comic's artist Rusty Haller!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Sappho Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Cornucopia Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmares of Futures Past Ongoing Story

[www.classicmarvel.com] - There is no such thing as too powerful Forum Thread

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2007 03:06PM by Nightmask.
December 19, 2007 03:14PM
Meanwhile, from the edge of the Purple Multiverse game setting, Sinestro Corps member Annihilus launches the war on the prime universe as a vast army of insectoid shock troops cuts a swath of destruction, an "Annihilation Wave," through Xandar and the Sciencells of Kyln...

;)

-----
"Batman and Captain America are the key to everything" - Alexander Luthor Jr. of Earth-Blue3/Red616, on merging the Purple Multiverse
December 19, 2007 04:09PM
capocastillo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nuke, I don't even know who you are holmes. As
> far as TAG goes, I don't have beef with him or
> really know him either.
>
> But you know what. I never asked anyone to reply
> to this thread. But if even Nightmask and I can
> find some common ground on this topic, then you
> know what, I could care less about your little
> throw down attempt.

Look Crapo I did not even know that you were on the boards holmes until ThatArtGuy mentioned you. But now that I know you are you and your opinion can take a leap homie or even better just Piss Off!! Peace Out Crapo LOL(:!P)
December 19, 2007 06:14PM
I don't think that anyone expects the other corps to be as effective as the Green Lanterns and the Sinestro Corps. Eve though, the GL corps was only recently rebuilt itself, so a severe number of lanterns are themselves, rookies. But the war itself is just a prelude to the real climax of Blackest Night. So the War of Light itself I think is just another of the dominoes falling. But also keep in mind, the War of Light is gonna be a war fought pretty much allaginst each other, so experience will only be one advantage in a war against 6 seperate fronts. The other corps will have their own advantages likewise to compensate for their lack in experience.

Also, I think they've been able to do a lot with the time they've used to pace things out. Green Lantern: Rebirth is "Part 1" of the trilogy, and that came out in 05. Sinestro Corps War is "Part 2" and that started in 07. Blackest Night is "Part 3" and that's coming out in 09. So every other year seems to have worked for GL's overarching metaplot.

December 19, 2007 06:19PM
Sad little man.

December 20, 2007 06:15AM
Pretty much. Guess it was your turn to get Nuke'd; don't you feel special? I know I can't express how 'special' I felt after I reached Nuke-worthiness in another thread.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Godiva Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Seraphim Character Sheet

[www.furaffinity.net] Art by Marvel Comic's artist Rusty Haller!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Sappho Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Cornucopia Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmares of Futures Past Ongoing Story

[www.classicmarvel.com] - There is no such thing as too powerful Forum Thread
December 20, 2007 12:43PM
And the Special Olympics flame war trophy goes to Nuke. Yay Nuke! Go, Retard, Go!

-----
"Batman and Captain America are the key to everything" - Alexander Luthor Jr. of Earth-Blue3/Red616, on merging the Purple Multiverse
December 20, 2007 05:48PM
Comics to some extent are more complacted today then say 20 years ago.To much Grey to me but their still are some Good Comics and Storys.People can grip about comics if they dont like them and Dont buy them makes a better statement.If I dont like it I dont buy it or Watch it.Some people just dont like Comics now or just need to Complain.Myself I am tired of Time Travel and Clones and I dont usally buy any of these kind of comic Storys.

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.