silver surfer vs. doomsday

Posted by analyst 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: silver surfer vs. doomsday
December 14, 2007 02:19PM
Wolverine -=VS=- Bat-Man.........

Naw, Bat-Man would be really messed up..... And he'd crawl or limp home and decide to simply be Bruce Wayne the horribly disfigured millionaire....... Or (Maybe, but unlikely) Bat-Man's Psyche would get all twisted and he'd 'Remodel' the Bat Motif to the Lil'Fuzzy Bear Motif......

But Bat-Man simply has more "Weapons" at his disposal.......... And while Wolverine is a 'Bad-MO-FO' with a very colorful and popular story line.......... He's really not very "POWERFUL" in game.......

Now......

Bat-Man -=VS=- Cap'n'America.......

That's a more balanced fight....... I see both of those guys limping away from each other and getting their crap regrouped......

Then Cap'n'America would come back with a bunch of Tony Stark or Norman Ozcorp technology which levels the "Gizmo" options....... And Cap'n'America would win, eventually.....

www.TankerAce.com | www.Arcain.com | www.Viper99.com
December 14, 2007 03:00PM
I'd love to hear the explanation on that one. Of course there probably wasn't one. LoL.

TLD
December 14, 2007 03:55PM
Got to go with the Silver Surfer on this one he is to Diverse in his powers.Doomsday has strength and his evolution power.
December 15, 2007 05:09AM
Punstarr Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm at least pleased to see reasoning behind your
> opinions, rather than the standard "because he's
> Batman" stuff you hear on other forums.

Yeah, well, his answer to "What are you doing in my city?" was ::snikt snikt::

I had to do what I had to do. Kicked his kneecap so hard it tore the ligaments clean (yes, I spent Karma) and well, adamantium with Excellent strength behind it just ain't gonna let flesh and costume stop it from ripping on out and skittering to the pavement. Got slashed on my way out as Wolverine's wound closed over no kneecap (later growing a new, non-adamantium kneecap), and gathered up the kneecap for study.

Bought a mutant detector for the cowl with the profits Wolvie's bone marrow made for Wayne Medical stem cell and degenerative disease research. ;)
December 15, 2007 05:16AM
Such examples are one of many reasons I specifically stated that Paragon's skeleton has additions to make such dismemberment and ripping out items virtually impossible. :) When it comes to skeletons I always like to include protections against someone ripping them apart when the material is so durable, since while it's often ignored/forgotten you could easily rip Wolverine's arms off and leave him growing back new arms and no adamantium anywhere and back to bone claws.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Godiva Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Seraphim Character Sheet

[www.furaffinity.net] Art by Marvel Comic's artist Rusty Haller!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Sappho Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Cornucopia Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmares of Futures Past Ongoing Story

[www.classicmarvel.com] - There is no such thing as too powerful Forum Thread
December 15, 2007 05:27AM
Well, it was a long time comin'. A friendly rivalry between players (he the Wolverine fanatic) and me the Batman fanatic, always talking trash out of game you know.

When it was to go down in game, I simply brought my A-game.
Re: Batman/Wolverine
December 15, 2007 08:42AM
I think the fight would be a lot closer than that in the comics, though. Either one could win, depending on a multitude of variables. But since Batman's only 30 and Wolvie's well over a hundred, I'd give the edge in straight hand to hand fighting to Wolverine. Hardcore Batman fans never seem to accept this, though... so my point here's was always ignored elsewhere. Fact: Wolverine spent far more time training in HtH than Bats.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2007 08:43AM by Punstarr.
December 15, 2007 08:54AM
Yes, but Wolverine's answer to "What are you doing in my city" was wrong.

;)

It's not like Batman went to Westchester to pick a fight.

[It's not like Batman didn't run like hell with the adamantium kneecap, either]

And the severe claw damage Batman took from the hobbled Wolverine put him out of action for a while.

About as long as it took Wolverine to learn to walk on his new trick knee. :)
December 15, 2007 09:34AM
Much of how well Batman can balance a fight or turn it into his favor depends on how much prior knowledge he has of his opponent. Fighting Wolverine with no prior knowledge means Wolverine gets the edge (although given his penchant for telling everyone 'hey you can't break my bones and I regenerate from just about anything' will quickly fix that problem), with the prior knowledge Batman would have a better chance as he could plan for Wolverine's 'gimmicks'.

Actually that's probably Wolverine's biggest hang-up, he's always advertising his powers to everyone rather than holding them in reserve to give him an edge. You've a lot better chance to outwit/defeat someone if you let them think that they've killed you or given you some crippling injury so that while they're gloating/leaving/etc. you can get the drop on them while they're expecting you to be harmless.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

December 15, 2007 10:00AM
It didn't help that Wolverine's reputation in the assasin community alone would not fall on deaf ears during Batman's training with the League of Shadows.

After all, Batman doesn't just randomly stop tourists to ask them "What are you doing in my city?"
December 15, 2007 10:07AM
No he just monitors everyone equally and background checks everyone automatically.

-- Peter David

December 15, 2007 10:21AM
Oh, the Judge of this encounter ruled that Wolverine may have even been employed by Ras al-Ghul in his long and storied and mostly (at the time) "forgotten" past.

Needless to say Batman knew those lambchops on sight.

Even called him "Patch."

;)
December 18, 2007 03:34AM
Cap'n'America -=VS=- Bat-Man..

The first Combat encounter between these two would probably involve a very fierce hand to hand battle..... And while Bat-Man relies upon cunning Ninja Skills and bladed weapons..... I see Cap'n'America using his UFC / Pride Fighter / Olympic Athlete skills to disarm most of Bat-Man's tricks....

After a solid 15 to 20 minutes of just ripping each other to shreds I see Bat-Man limping to his Batmobile, barely able to climb in, but leaving Cap'n'America barely conscience in a pool of blood and vomit....... And he spits out a few broken teeth too....

Both would return to their Bases and research the other...... But this is where Cap'n'America would have a great deal of his advantages.... Cap'n'America would be ready to Fight again sooner....

On their Second encounter the Battle would rely heavily upon technology and state of the art infantry weapons.... And while Bat-Man can fund all his own 'Toys' ......... Cap'n'America has full access to top secret Government and Military 'Toys'........ Plus, I think Cap'n'America could probably coax 3 or 4 Bad-MO-FO Navy SEALs, Marines or Rangers to fight by his side............ Plus an M1-A1 Tony Stark Prototype TANK.

But Cap'n'America has to wear his Black Uniform...... the Fuggen non-tactical Powder Blue Uniform has to GOOOOOOO!!!!

The second battle would last a few days, and it would pretty much be WWIII waged between two men gone totally insane.........

The Batmobile would get blown to hell by 30 or 40 Ozcorp grenades.... Then get rolled over by the TANK outfitted with Tony Stark weaponry..... Bat-Man would barely escape by the skin of his teeth.....

Cap'n'America's Motor-Cycle would be mangled by a street level Bat booby trap...... Cap'n'America would get plowed down the street, but tumble and bumble with only minor flesh wounds...

The SPEC-OP Military guys would be impaled by a razor sharp Bat Blades or Cables from dark shadows...

Bat-Man would commander Cap'n'America's Van and get chased by the TANK all over the city...... There would be cut scenes of Cap'n'America laughing evilly in the gunner's seat as he fires the TANK cannon at his own Van....... And the TANK will plow though all sorts of brick walls and parked cars chasing a battered Van barely able to keep it's balance.....

Finally, the Van would topple over from a direct TANK Cannon blast, slide side-ways for a block or two..... Cap'n'America would laugh in evil victory..... But Bat-Man would kick open the back door of the toppled Van with a Rocket Launcher over his shoulder........ And the TANK would be disabled with an Armor piercing R.P.G.

Then a Big 'Tony Montana' machine gun slinging shoot out would take place between Cap'n'America's busted-azz side-ways Van and a TANK that is on FYRE.......

Then from no where, Bat-Man's Cape would get wrapped around his head and Cap'n'America would commence the bag party...... To save his Azz, Bat-Man would drop his cape, scramble to his feet and unload all sorts of Bat Weapons....... Cap'n'America would duck, dodge, block, and knock most of these weapons away...... but end up with a few in the chest and shoulders......

The Star clad Shield would end up jammed-stuck in a bashed up wall.... Cap'n'America would take punch to the face, but immediately return fire with a straight kick to Bat-Man's gut.......

And the Final Fight would return to Mono 'E' Mono fighting with almost no weapons at all aside from the stray iron pipe or shard of scrap metal...... This fight would last about 10 to 15 minutes with an exhausted Cap'n'America finally impaling the exhausted Bat-Man through the Chest Cavity out of total desperation combat....... Forever Crippling the Bat.............

While the Bat lay there bleeding to death........ Cap'n'America would kneel next to the Bat, take hold of his hand with blood and dirt and spit and snot all over his face, and tears in his eyes as Cap'n'America realizes the atrocity he had just done...........

Bat-Man would be buried with Cap'n'America's Shield covering the wound of Bat-Man's Chest......

www.TankerAce.com | www.Arcain.com | www.Viper99.com
December 18, 2007 05:23AM
At least you had the decency to let steroid boy bring an army to whoop Batman's @#$%&.

Sorry, personal.

-----
"Batman and Captain America are the key to everything" - Alexander Luthor Jr. of Earth-Blue3/Red616, on merging the Purple Multiverse

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.