brainiac vs. ultron

Posted by analyst 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
brainiac vs. ultron
December 08, 2007 09:17PM
hello all,

If the ULTIMATE artificial intelligences happened to stand in each others way who would come out on top. From the recent showings of Brainiac on the Justice League and Superman series I would state that Brainiac would come out on top. The reasons are his intellect is superior to Ultrons. Second, his form is sufficiently powerful enough to take on Superman. Third, the technology at his disposal far exceeds that of Ultron. Whereas, Ultron possesses only one true advantage and that is his invulnerability. What say you?
Re: brainiac vs. ultron
December 08, 2007 09:29PM
Brainiac as it's been reimagined is actually much like Ultron, both insane computer intelligences using robotic shells to try and dominate (or destroy) all organic life-forms. Both also can be seemingly destroyed but due to contingency programs that they've got in place are almost impossible to completely eliminate as they get rebuilt in some fashion (Ultron even keeps an array of hidden labs cranking out new designs and if anything those master computers are the 'real' Ultron). Brainiac has the edge only because he delights in preempting other computers and technology, even advanced systems, with his own programming so would likely find a way to appear destroyed but instead upload himself into Ultron's computers and rewrite them to take him out and use his own technology to create a new line of Brainiacs.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Godiva Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Seraphim Character Sheet

[www.furaffinity.net] Art by Marvel Comic's artist Rusty Haller!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Sappho Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Cornucopia Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmares of Futures Past Ongoing Story

[www.classicmarvel.com] - There is no such thing as too powerful Forum Thread
December 09, 2007 02:12AM
My last epic tabletop campaign was a "rise of the machines" scenario with Sentinels, OMACs, and every other robot and cyborg in Marvel and DC all controlled by a rampant computer virus launched by Brainiac.

When this occured, another program began running in one of the Ultron incarnations.

It started thinking it was Dr. Doom.

Soon, there was a three way showdown between Ultra-doom's, Brainiac's and Ultron's forces, with many victims in between.

Brainiac had the upper hand most of the campaign, until finally Magneto EMP'ed the entire planet, leaving Earth in the Dark Ages with dormant OMACs running around, and 9 out of 10 people hating "superheroes."

Of course, the 386 million people that died the "week" this campaign took place kinda radicalized the population against heroes.

I'd give this to Brainiac (again), no matter how much I've dearly love Ultron and understood his wisdom.

"Slay all humans!"

If only we could fathom the wisdom of such an elegant algorithm.

Sigh...
December 10, 2007 10:18AM
Braniac, but i don't think it's as clear cut as we would think. Ultron [or a version of him] has co-opted the Phalanx which seems certainly as mechanicly inclined and advanced as Braniac. However, I still think braniac wins this one, but the fight would be pretty boring. Both of them look at each other, they start trying to wirelessly hack one another and just stand still until one or the other is victorious.

December 10, 2007 10:20AM
I don't know, both have demonstrated a very animal/organic being inclination for displays of raw power and destruction rather than quietly going at a target.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Godiva Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Seraphim Character Sheet

[www.furaffinity.net] Art by Marvel Comic's artist Rusty Haller!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Sappho Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Cornucopia Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmares of Futures Past Ongoing Story

[www.classicmarvel.com] - There is no such thing as too powerful Forum Thread
December 14, 2007 04:03PM
Brainic wins this one.

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.