FNG / nOOb in here.......

Posted by TankerAce 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
FNG / nOOb in here.......
December 08, 2007 01:20AM
Hello all..... I'm very new to this Forum Community... I just sort of stumbled upon this site doing a web search for 'Iron-Man' the Movie......... (Iron-Man is a personal favorite Marvel personality)

Anyway, I used to play MSH-RPG back in the 80's and early 90's because I could draw and illustrate.....

Someone would always want me to illustrate their Role Play characters........ I spent more time drawing fictional characters, than actually playing.....

Currently I'm too busy to illustrate characters for people, but I was curious if anyone still 'Really' plays this Theater of the Mind Game????...... Compared to current Video Games where everything is digital and people play all the time.....

OR

Has anyone devised a way to Play On-Line????...... RPG's are pretty much a Face to Face fictional discussion game.....

OR

Has anyone posted up and discussed Game / Battle Scenarios they played???..... Some of the Scenarios I played were possibly entertaining enough to be authored as a Novel........

It would take @#$%& loads of Money to produce a movie but some of the story lines were pretty damn intriguing........

Anyway... these are some Characters I drew.....

www.TankerAce.com | www.Arcain.com | www.Viper99.com
Re: FNG / nOOb in here.......
December 08, 2007 02:16AM
TankerAce Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hello all..... I'm very new to this Forum
> Community... I just sort of stumbled upon this
> site doing a web search for 'Iron-Man' the
> Movie......... (Iron-Man is a personal favorite
> Marvel personality)

Welcome to the boards!

> Anyway, I used to play MSH-RPG back in the 80's
> and early 90's because I could draw and
> illustrate.....
>
> Someone would always want me to illustrate their
> Role Play characters........ I spent more time
> drawing fictional characters, than actually
> playing.....

You should have told them that you liked to play too. :)

> Currently I'm too busy to illustrate characters
> for people, but I was curious if anyone still
> 'Really' plays this Theater of the Mind
> Game????...... Compared to current Video Games
> where everything is digital and people play all
> the time.....

Yes, people still play "old skool." That's what this forum is for.

> OR
>
> Has anyone devised a way to Play On-Line????......
> RPG's are pretty much a Face to Face fictional
> discussion game.....

There are various ways to play online. Play-by-post and Message Board games are a popular way to play this way. My personal favorite way to play online is to use a virtual tabletop like Klooge.Werks that replicates the traditional way of playing in an online environment.

> OR
>
> Has anyone posted up and discussed Game / Battle
> Scenarios they played???..... Some of the
> Scenarios I played were possibly entertaining
> enough to be authored as a Novel........

I'm sure people have posted them. More than likely they are here or in the "Your Favourites" section of the board.

> It would take @#$%& loads of Money to produce a
> movie but some of the story lines were pretty damn
> intriguing........

That's what makes a good game: good players and a really good Judge. Again, welcome to the board!

ThatArtGuy
December 08, 2007 11:37AM
Welcome to the boards! Pleased to meat you! Wow, that is some good artwork! Keep it up!

FNG
December 09, 2007 01:54AM
hey you stole my name!

Nice to see you

FNG

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.