Uber Skrulls

Posted by junderway 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Uber Skrulls
December 05, 2007 06:34AM
Has any picked up hte new Illuminati? A skrull posed as Blackbolt. Neither Pro x, Dr. strange, or Iron could detect him as an imposter. When he reveals himself he has the sonics of black bolt (to some degree), mr fant stretch, strength of namor, and mental powers of Prox. Wow. They take him out two more appear. One looks like collosus and the other is weilding Thors hammer (fake im sure). But wow the skrulls are on a whole new level.
Re: Uber Skrulls
December 05, 2007 07:22AM
I bet these new Skrulls could have cyborg dermal / skin implants to simulate new versions of powered armor...
December 05, 2007 08:49AM
I hate the new skrull storyline. but yeah I read the issue.

December 05, 2007 10:18AM
If I were convinced Bendis is aware of the over-arching continuity of the Marvel 616 Universe beyond comics that came out in 1995 (a dubious proposition, yes?) I'd really be grokking on this Skrull invasion, simply because Skrull infiltration is an instant McGuffin, and it offers a chance to retcon away bad retcons (and let the actual dead rest with finality). Plus, I have a soft spot for Skrulls.

I sure hope the hype is worth the wait. I mean, really. What if the heroes that tackled Onslaught and disappeared into that proto-Ultimates "Heroes Reborn" dungheap HAVEN'T COME BACK YET?
December 05, 2007 10:30AM
I dunno. Professor X and Dr Strange not being able to detect a freaking Skrull better have a damn good explanation because as it stands, it doesn't seem feasible in the slightest.

December 05, 2007 10:45AM
::head explodes::

December 05, 2007 10:46AM
Shapechangers have been known to fool shapechangers by changing the shape of their brains. As for Dr. Strange, it didn't look like he had the audacity to use the Eye of Agamoto on the King of the Inhumans.

December 05, 2007 11:33AM
Punstarr Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I dunno. Professor X and Dr Strange not being
> able to detect a freaking Skrull better have a
> damn good explanation because as it stands, it
> doesn't seem feasible in the slightest.

It does if they didn't check. How often do you scan your friends for impostors?

Then again, this is the group that gave good ol' trustworthy Tony Stark the freakin' Reality Gem for safe keeping. I'm pretty sure it's because they had no thermomuclear fusion bombs on hand to give to children.
December 05, 2007 07:41PM
Plus it's not like Dr. Strange and Professor X haven't been fooled in the past by people with the appropriate powers or spells, and the Skrulls were retconned to have had the opportunity to study both of them earl on, giving them insights into how to fool both men's powers.

Ironically I think the Reality Gem in a sense is safe in his hands because Stark's so stuck on everything being in neat, orderly fashion that the fanastic things you can with the reality gem would be beyond him, he lacks that kind of imagination. Much like the Collecter never could figure out how to use the gem when he had it. Also from what we've seen none of those who are said to hold the gems right now make any use of them whatsoever and keep them hidden. Otherwise let's face it, with the Mind Gem on his brow Professor X would have taken down even the raging hulk as he is now, because in a contest of minds someone like the Professor with the Mind Gem is going to win hands down.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Godiva Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Seraphim Character Sheet

[www.furaffinity.net] Art by Marvel Comic's artist Rusty Haller!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Sappho Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Cornucopia Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmares of Futures Past Ongoing Story

[www.classicmarvel.com] - There is no such thing as too powerful Forum Thread
December 05, 2007 07:43PM
I think that Skrull with the imitation of Thor's hammer might have been placed like that to imply that it wasn't Clor, the clone of Thor that killed Black Goliath but a Skrull impersonating the clone to help foster conflict and chaos by killing heroes during the Civil War.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

December 05, 2007 11:06PM
Tony Stark is using the Reality Gem to make people set aside the urge to whip his @#$%&.

::chuckles::
December 05, 2007 11:33PM
Would explain why Marvel's gone all to hell; Stark screwing around with the Reality Gem after everyone swore that they wouldn't mess with or use any of the gems and just hide them instead. After all it's been proven all the way back to the days of the Armor Wars and before that if he doesn't like the rules he just ignores them. Doom has more honor (then again at this point just about everyone has more honor than Stark).

-- Peter David

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2007 11:34PM by Nightmask.
December 05, 2007 11:38PM
Like I said, I wouldn't trust Stark as far as Aunt May could throw him.

And that's *before* the Civil War stuff.

He's always been a prick, personality wise.
December 06, 2007 02:14AM
True, even when he was helping people he had no problems splurging on new cars and other luxuries because he always has to have some new toy to play with, even when it comes to women.

-- Peter David

December 06, 2007 04:38AM
Well, I was refering to his early days manipulation of the Avengers, when none of his team mates knew he was also Iron Man.

Then there's that Force Works thing.

Tony Stark lives by his own rules, others be damned. Which makes the position he's in post-Civil War that much more untenable, even without giving him the freakin' Reality Gem (so everyone could act as Stark views them... pawns, hehe)

Damn evil geniuses...
December 06, 2007 06:48AM
One reason why in the story write-up for Paragon (with a team-up with Seraphim) I've been working on at least some of the gems have 'moved on' because they desire/require a living being to host them and being locked away as they are by the Illuminati isn't something that any of them (Especially the Soul Gem) would sit still for. So Paragon ends up with the Power Gem and Seraphim the Mind Gem (haven't worked out who'd get the others yet). There isn't even anything in the main 616 continuity that'd contradict that other than my characters not being official marvel characters, since having no idea how the six concealed their gems it's entirely possible the gems have moved on and they don't even know it yet.

Something to consider though, since Black Bolt was supposed to safeguard the Space Gem and he was compromised and replaced at some point by a Skrull with powers copied from him do the Skrulls now possess the Space Gem and command it's nigh-infinite mastery of space?

-- Peter David

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2007 06:51AM by Nightmask.
December 06, 2007 07:20AM
Nope, cuz Streak has it. :P

December 06, 2007 07:44AM
Not in MY Marvel Universe. ;) About as many Space Gems exist as there are stars in a single universe, since every marvel universe has its own set of Infinity Gems that would work in any reality (although have to wonder how two or more people with a complete Infinity Gauntlet going at it would win out, if one native to the reality his gauntlet's gems come from would have some kind of home-field advantage, or if you could create a working gauntlet from gems from different realities).

-- Peter David

December 06, 2007 07:46AM
Yuck. The Space Gem makes it possible to "be" anywhere, even simultaneously (omnipresence).

Yeah, let's give a Skrull that.

::Steven Wright voice::

Someone broke into my apartment and replaced all the furniture with exact duplicates.

(Then my furniture attacked me.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2007 07:56AM by The Beyonders.
December 06, 2007 07:55AM
As far as the Soul Gems, there's nothing to make us certain a) when the Illuminati actually recovered the gems and b) that they /still/ possess them. Besides, as smart as Tony Stark is, i don't think he would be able to effectively weild the reality gem without severe consequences. Thanos knew that the other gems were needed to keep the reality gem balanced.

As far as Doom having more honor, he actively has helped the Red Skull numerous times. Anyone who would help that Nazi bastard has the honor of a Carnival Ride opperator.

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.