Asgardians and Olympians

Posted by Taarna 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Asgardians and Olympians
November 24, 2007 01:31PM
What do they think of each other?

Did they ever battle?

Did they ever team up?

I know Thor and Hercules were Avengers. What was the relationship like between the two?
Re: Asgardians and Olympians
November 24, 2007 01:45PM
The Asgardians and Olympians have been shown to have fought each other on several occasions, both in the past and in the relative present. The Olympians though tend to have a more arrogant and snobbish attitude towards the Asgardians, and Thor and Hercules tend to have a friendly rivalry, but both respect each other as warriors and defenders of the innocent.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Godiva Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Seraphim Character Sheet

[www.furaffinity.net] Art by Marvel Comic's artist Rusty Haller!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Sappho Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Cornucopia Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmares of Futures Past Ongoing Story

[www.classicmarvel.com] - There is no such thing as too powerful Forum Thread
November 25, 2007 02:48AM
*I know Thor and Hercules were Avengers. What was the relationship like between the two?*

Mutual repect. Drinking buddies.

There was some issue I remember where Herc was talking to some kids in Central Park and they were all pretty much a fanboy convention (who's stronger, Thor or you?).

For his part, Hercules could have talked smack on Thor, but instead talked Thor up big time, exaggerating that Thor had once lifted the island of Manhattan over his head. Hercules is the more humble of the two braggin' bastiches.
November 25, 2007 02:52AM
Thor will make a lofty speech about how he's gonna whoop somebody's butt before he whoops somebody's butt, whereas Herc will just whoop somebody's butt.
November 25, 2007 03:34AM
Didn't that start out with Hercules tooting his own horn until he realized he was letting his ego blind him to the hurt he was doing the kid he was feeding a story to of how he had Thor crying for his mommy and turned it around to have Thor do a comeback and beat him down good? I think Hercules was doing quite the good job bragging at the time, although he was good enough at least to see his mistake and correct it in time.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

November 25, 2007 04:11AM
You are right, Nightmask. Wow!

Are you sure you're not an alternate reality version of my own strange comic book memory?
November 25, 2007 02:33PM
I just have a very good visual memory when it comes to anything I've read, and since I read almost everything growing up into the 90s from Marvel and DC I tend to do well remembering most events, and that was one of the memorable ones that flashed to mind. I can actually remember the false-flashback panel when Hercules had to change the direction of his story with Thor down on the ground slammed back into I think a wall and telling Hercules his playing possom was over just before springing forward on the attack.

-- Peter David

November 26, 2007 01:37PM
The Asgardians and Olympians have fought each other in the past but Odin and Zeus put a quick end to that War and Became Allies againist the HATED Celestials.I think Herc is a much greater Blow Hard then Thor at tooting his own Horn.The Greeks and Asgardians and Egyptians are probaley the closest Allies of all the Gods in Marvel.Nice thread by the way(tu)
November 26, 2007 02:05PM
Well Marvel tends to avoid the older and less well-known religions because people would require too much backstory and because certain religions were very sex-friendly and have suffered centuries of effort to erase them from common knowledge and memory.

-- Peter David

November 26, 2007 04:27PM
Though for some reason, the Egyptian pantheon is portrayed as being naturally far more powerful than either the Norse or the Greek pantheons.

November 26, 2007 05:31PM
Likely because the Egyptian Pantheon has a far longer and more steady history of worship covering thousands of years.

-- Peter David

November 26, 2007 06:25PM
The Egyptian pantheon is both older and closer to the "Elder Gods" that degenerated into demons, like Set and Cthon.
November 27, 2007 11:38AM
so the Egyptian aliens came to earth right after the first generation of Deviants were driven off by the Celestials. The others came at a latter time.

Sorry i tend to like the Earth-X explanations best.

"No where to hide. No place to run. Your village will BURN like the heart of the SUN!" - Richard, Head warlock of the Brotherhood of Darkness, Lord of the 13 Hells, Master of the Bones, Emperor of the Black, Lord of the Undead, Lord of the Dance.

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.