Thor is Back so is Asgard can their Enemys be far behind

Posted by Galactus 1 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Thor is Back so is Asgard can their Enemys be far behind
November 08, 2007 04:49PM
I do hope they go in a Better Direction with Thor and not in that Tiresome Ragnarok Diasters.As a long time Thor Fan I have seen their Enemys back Time after time.I know the Ragnarok Cycle is ended at least that is what they say.I like the new Start but time will tell I am sure.What are your Thoughts on this Subject of Asgards enemys.
Re: Thor is Back so is Asgard can their Enemys be far behind
November 08, 2007 04:55PM
I think it'd be interesting to see Asgard and Midgard merge. To see Trolls and Dark Elves roaming the landscape making trouble for Earth... and it's up to Thor to stop them! :D

November 08, 2007 05:25PM
Would make for a Decent Story line its Differnt at least Punstar.
November 08, 2007 07:39PM
Well the trolls and Dark Elves weren't part of the main Asguardian dimension, they each had their own associated dimension/realm though, plus if they were hanging out in the earth in regards to the trolls they'd have their hands full with the Mole Man's people, Deviants, and other Subterranean races.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Godiva Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Seraphim Character Sheet

[www.furaffinity.net] Art by Marvel Comic's artist Rusty Haller!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Sappho Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Cornucopia Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmares of Futures Past Ongoing Story

[www.classicmarvel.com] - There is no such thing as too powerful Forum Thread
November 09, 2007 07:44AM
Loki's making a comeback. bet your bottom dollar on that.

November 09, 2007 08:05AM
Which since he's sure to see an upgrade like Thor (although the idea that Loki was holding back like Thor states he was seems somewhat ludicrous but oh well) he ought to be extra-scary operating at the godly levels his brother is. A big question I have is, what about Odin? Will his father return or be searched for, since it's odd for him as such a devoted daddy's boy for him to NOT be thinking of his father.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

November 09, 2007 11:02AM
Nah, i think Odin is dead dead. He may make a return at some point, but it's gonna be much further down the road, where Thor has his asgard thing running relatively smooth, and then Odin may show up to throw things into the wringer again.

November 09, 2007 01:09PM
I hope new Story lines not old rehashed stuff.I am sure Odin will return not to soon Hopefully.I like Thor running the Show for now as for Loki he will return I know for sure.
November 17, 2007 09:06PM
bring on the Absorbing Man
November 19, 2007 04:48AM
Agreed. The Absorbing Man is one of my favorite villans. Someday I hope Marvel does a little more with him. He is one of the villians that pops in for a battle and then he is gone again. Some more depth would be cool.

It was great when Eric Masterson had to fight him right after becoming Thor's temporary replacment.

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class Forever!!!
November 19, 2007 08:32AM
Well recently, he tried to take on the Sentry and got his butt handed to him.

November 19, 2007 09:13AM
Yeah, he never really stands a chance of beating any of the real powerhouses. He just seems to irritate, annoy, or mabey slow them down.

TLD
Thor #5
February 14, 2008 05:10PM
With the publication of Thor #5 looks like this has been definitively answered, with Loki (of course) managing to see to it every enemy of Asgard was freed to take up residence on Earth as their new home; including Hela, the Frost Giants, Trolls, and 'him'self (although talk about a genderbender being reborn as a woman).

So does this mean then that the Earth-616 plane is now a definitive Godly plane with these events, now that the reborn Asgardian pantheon and it's associated beings are effectively native to Earth now? Would that mean Balder is literally immune to all harm at CL1000 levels on earth and everywhere else, save when attacked by mistletoe?

Even scarier, assuming she and her people also got freed where is Karnilla setting up shop and what will she do with an entire world opened up to her?

-- Peter David

Re: Thor #5
February 21, 2008 08:06AM
i still waiting for Odin to return, but i wonder if when he does and takes back the Odin force will Thor still have the rune magic he learned i myself hope so, I would love to see Thor used not only as a power house character but also as a Dr Strange type character
February 21, 2008 08:30AM
I don't think Thor's got either the Odin Force or the Runes at present. After his death and his rebirth due to the efforts of Donald Blake his greater power's been attributed to him not holding back and accepting the other half of his heritage, the power of nature inherited from his mother Gaia. Considering she's the only elder god left that didn't devolve into a demon and easily as powerful if not moreso than Odin in his prime Thor's got the potential for vast power for manipulating the elements to tap into due to her.

Thor does seem to be exploring a more mystical and 'earthy' side of himself, what with Odin not around constantly trying to make him deny his inheritance from his mother. I do wonder though if and when they finally bring back Odin will he retake the spot as Lord of Asgard or accept that things have moved beyond him and leave Thor in charge and retire much like his own father did. In a what-if he even went out to hunt down great evil to dismiss forever to an inescapable dimension once he no longer had to worry about Asgard (to which he quickly consigned Mephisto to and his adoptive son Loki right afterwards).

-- Peter David

February 21, 2008 08:39AM
i thought he was still juiced up the way he rebuilt asgard so fast and how fast he put down Iron Man...but maybe it is just him exploring other aspects of his birth right, either way i hope they dont scale him down to just be a powerhouse type character
February 21, 2008 08:56AM
Well as Thor told Iron Man that in this time and place he was no longer holding back and is accepting ALL the power open to him that he's never explored before. He's the son of Odin and Gaia after all, both beings of vast power and yet we've only seen him before his upgrading with the Odin Power and runes doing little more than beat down opponents with his hammer and using it to amp up his weather control powers and fire powerful energy attacks. Now though he's channeling his latent potential and embracing it all, such as his reaching into the void to call forth Asgard and remake it atom by atom on Earth. His taking out Iron Man as he did though he probably could have done even in his old days, since he used his weather control to channel the lightning into an EM-pulse. It was still impressive though and long past due for Iron Man to get put in his place.

We're seeing some of the other gods that have been reborn showing higher levels of power than we got to see in the past (the Asgardian gods were shown way too weak in the past, the Greek/Roman gods got a bit better). Hopefully they'll keep up this trend of quality writing as Marvel's been so lacking in that of late.

-- Peter David

February 21, 2008 09:16AM
I alwasy thought "classic" Thor never reached his potential. Like i know it used to be stated that Thor couldnt fly that he actualy threw his hammer and held on, and i always thought this was kind of dumb because Storm of the Xmen flys using her weather control powers, matter of fact Storm seems to to alot of stuff with her powers that Thor never did. This alwasy bothered me and is the main reason i always thought few writters used Thor to his full potential.
As far as other gods for the most part they seem to be getting a boost except for Ares. I dont like how he is being used in the Avengers, to me it seems like he is being used as nothing more than a dumb strong guy. When in the past he has been shown to have several godly powers that currently have yet to be seen. He is the God of War after all and not just the average strong man
February 21, 2008 09:52AM
Well Ares is probably trying to be relatively low profile so he doesn't get hammered by Zeus for slumming around on Earth when he's not supposed to be. At least he's not looking as stupid as he tended to get drawn in the past. Given that they're doing more backstory on Hercules and his family by extension, weaving more of the religion into the history of the Marvel Universe openly we will hopefully see more of the Olympian gods featured as real gods like we've seen starting up with the Asgardians.

I'm also curious if anyone with magical training could call on either pantheon or individual god for Entreaty magics for Dimensional spells. Marvel's been VERY deficient on the magic users devoted to those pantheons or the other ancient religeous pantheons known to exist as reality in that universe.

-- Peter David

February 21, 2008 11:01AM
I thought Zeus "died" in the Ares limited series. and i agree Ares looks alot better than ever, and i do like that he used more modern weapons besides just swords and axes. Gods seemed to make magic weapons all the time back in the day, id love to see modern weapons with a godly flare. Something like the "shotgun of Ares" or instead of a magical horse or charrot have a magical tank. One of the reason i always liker the Wrecker the concept of a magic crowbar was priceless

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.