Superman and regeneration?

Posted by analyst 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Superman and regeneration?
October 11, 2007 08:42PM
Hello Thread,

I need your expertise and advice on a dillema I recently had. I noted in various examples and incidences that on several occassions Superman has recovered from injuries in a superhuman fashion and rate. Now you see this most often in the comics, cartoons and movies when he is bathed in sunlight or actually concentrates in the face of great danger. Thus, the question is should Superman have regeneration. My contention is that he should have regeneration at Amazing or Monstrous when in the presence of sunlight or focuses on it.
Re: Superman and regeneration?
October 11, 2007 09:03PM
Regeneration seems to end up part of a lot of characters that weren't considered to have it originally, generally super-strong types like the Hulk and Superman, to explain how they can recover or show so little damage. Since Superman's cells all derive energy directly from sunlight unlike normal human cells they require no other nourishment to function or for him to heal. This also means he has a form of Self-Revival, that as long as enough of him is intact if he's not cut off from sunlight he'll recover eventually from otherwise lethal damage. I suppose you could call it solar revival, and require disintegrating enough of his body it couldn't regenerate what was missing.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Godiva Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Seraphim Character Sheet

[www.furaffinity.net] Art by Marvel Comic's artist Rusty Haller!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Sappho Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Cornucopia Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmares of Futures Past Ongoing Story

[www.classicmarvel.com] - There is no such thing as too powerful Forum Thread
October 15, 2007 02:42PM
I think it should be at a Unearthly Rate in the presence of Yellow Sun Light and considering his Battle with Doomsday.
October 21, 2007 12:49AM
dont forget that in the presence of kryptonite that his abilities fail.

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.