Second Season 'Heroes' Thread

Posted by Nightmask 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Second Season 'Heroes' Thread
November 18, 2007 09:55AM
I suspect the Writers Strike was a complete surprise to the HEROES team. They had a helluva lot of plans for this season and now most of them are on hold until the third season.
Had they known they'd only have an 11-episode season, I'd suspect the whole Sylar and the Death Twins plot line would have been left out. By the time they finally get to NYC, they're going to be in the same fix as "The Second Coming of the Great Prophet Zarquon" who finally arrives at The Restaurant at the End of the Universe just as the Universe ends.

One can suspect that HEROES Season 3 will be very busy, very dynamic as it deals with leftover Season 2 material and works to regain the support of the viewers.

Oh well.... at least we have the online comics as our Methadone while waiting for Season 3 to appear.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2007 10:00AM by DavidEMartin.
November 18, 2007 04:48PM
Twins aren't doing it for me either. Its time for Sylar to get better.
November 18, 2007 05:15PM
I also don't think Maya and Alejandro's powers really fit in with the other ones. They seem just a little too... DC.
November 19, 2007 01:58PM
collin152 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I also don't think Maya and Alejandro's powers
> really fit in with the other ones. They seem just
> a little too... DC.

Collin152, I love it! Lol! "a little too...DC." That's just great! I'm pleased to see that I'm not the only one feeling a bit bothered about that Blond and the Brother/Sister pair. Yeah, I am actually rooting for Sylar's return too...Ugh.

"POWER.... WITHOUT "perception" is virtually USELESS.... and therefore of NO.... "true" VALUE"
November 19, 2007 04:01PM
Yeah, the twins are getting old fast.

But then, I had my favourites and those that I didn't really care all that much about from the 1st season too.

I really liked the last episode and how it brought us up to date on the Petrelli brothers.

And that Kensai guy... Adam... there's a big question mark on him. Gotta love it.

The stuff that has been going on with Claire has been... interesting. I still have an inkling that her boyfriend isn't exactly on the level.

And as for Mr.B and whats his name... Mohinder(?)... thats kinda interesting what they have going on between those two and the confrontation it seems to be inevitably leading to.

Mr.B can't get killed... not by Mohinder.

------------------------------------------------
Powersurge (history, pics) [www.classicmarvel.com]

Morningstar (campaign journal) [www.classicmarvel.com]

"You just decided *all by yourselves* that you are the Earth's protectors. And that you, and *only* you, not your teammates or family, are trustworthy enough to include in the process..."

T'Challa, The New Avengers: Illuminati 1
November 19, 2007 04:40PM
I'd say it's pretty certain that Claire's 'bf' isn't what he seems to be. He's just too perfect, from just happening to bring up the idea of superhuman abilities randomly appearing in the popular in science class, to having just picked her to trust with his also having powers and encouraging her to revel in her powers and take risks. Either he's part of the Company or else he's part of some previously unknown organization or an independent. He's definitely not a plant by her adoptive father to keep an eye on her (which would have been a good idea actually, and not totally impossible, but extremely unlikely).

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Godiva Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Seraphim Character Sheet

[www.furaffinity.net] Art by Marvel Comic's artist Rusty Haller!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Sappho Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Cornucopia Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmares of Futures Past Ongoing Story

[www.classicmarvel.com] - There is no such thing as too powerful Forum Thread

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/19/2007 04:42PM by Nightmask.
November 19, 2007 05:38PM
Powersurge Wrote:
> Yeah, the twins are getting old fast.
>
> But then, I had my favourites and those that I
> didn't really care all that much about from the
> 1st season too.
>
> I really liked the last episode and how it brought
> us up to date on the Petrelli brothers.
>
> And that Kensai guy... Adam... there's a big
> question mark on him. Gotta love it.
>
> The stuff that has been going on with Claire has
> been... interesting. I still have an inkling that
> her boyfriend isn't exactly on the level.
>
> And as for Mr.B and whats his name...
> Mohinder(?)... thats kinda interesting what they
> have going on between those two and the
> confrontation it seems to be inevitably leading
> to.
>
> Mr.B can't get killed... not by Mohinder.

Hmm, good of you to chime in Powersurge! A welcome voice at that! I agree too that Mr. B can't die! He's too pivotal a character to die. Seriously! He's the only serious force working against the "Company" that knows enough to do anything in resistance to it. He's vastly becoming like Xavier to the Anti-mutant sentiment of the general population. Now, he's not altruistic like Xavier, but he realizes that siding with these "Heroes" he has a chance to keep his daughter alive/safe. He may even sacrifice or give up one of them to do it! Either way, he needs to at least pretend to support them to do this! Maybe he's more like Magneto?[without the powers of course]

Mohinder is a loser, I love him though, but what can he do? I mean he couldn't even finish off Sylar?! He can't even save the little girl? He's nearly failed at everything he's tried. Guess I'm a sucker for the underdog. Cause I keep hoping he'll succeed at something! Right now he doesn't even know how many "Heroes" are out there and has no way of uniting them. Mr. B knows so many more and can contact them and Mohinder. He's so important!

That boyfriend of Claires seems to be slipping my mind these days. Wonder if that's intentional. You make some good points Nightmask! I don't really trust him. But for some reason he slips under the radar. They keep writing him as harmless and yet he knows too much to be harmless! And that plot to spoil the head cheerleader was wicked-smart! Much too crafty for the gentle protector he portrays himself to be! Hmm, let's see where this goes!??

"POWER.... WITHOUT "perception" is virtually USELESS.... and therefore of NO.... "true" VALUE"
November 19, 2007 05:52PM
Thanks for the compliments, although I don't know about the BF proving too good at wicked plotting as being out of character for a teenage boy looking to get even with a brat of a cheerleader. I think many guys and girls imagine scenarios of revenge, they just don't have the courage, callousness, or in the Heroes case powers to make them come true.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

November 19, 2007 09:28PM
Well, I saw Mr. Bennet's ... resurgance coming the moment they drew Claire's blood. That's the thing about Isaac's paintings... they don't tell the whole story.
November 19, 2007 09:42PM
Oh they do, you just don't always have enough facts ahead of time to see them, but they were certainly dead on about him with his skull open and his brain missing.

-- Peter David

November 20, 2007 12:54AM
Ah Mohinder. I still like him, but I think he needs to be beaten. Oh look, Sylar returns next episode.

NEVER MIND! :D
November 20, 2007 09:54AM
Foxx Wrote:
> Ah Mohinder. I still like him, but I think he
> needs to be beaten. Oh look, Sylar returns next
> episode.
>
> NEVER MIND! :D

Yeah, Mohinder is kind of a tool! He's starting to get uncongenial! Sylar would not be a bad way to deal with his ineptitude! And though Mr B is trying to save his own hide, Claire deserved to be tossed at first by Flying Boy! Lol! I gotta go back and watch online!!!

FINALLY, glad to see that blond taste it, NICE!!! Ha, LOL! That's so wicked, but I figure it's ok cause it's fiction!(:!D

November 20, 2007 10:20AM
Well Mohinder is such a gullible idiot he trusts people who kept Syler alive instead of killing him when there was a chance to do so and want to unleash a virus to depower anyone who's got super-powers without any thought to the consequences. Heck he's even helping create the virus and not even being brainwashed into doing it.

-- Peter David

November 20, 2007 11:59AM
Nightmask Wrote:
> Well Mohinder is such a gullible idiot he trusts
> people who kept Syler alive instead of killing him
> when there was a chance to do so and want to
> unleash a virus to depower anyone who's got
> super-powers without any thought to the
> consequences. Heck he's even helping create the
> virus and not even being brainwashed into doing
> it.

You forgot to say..."Nuff said!" Lol!

November 20, 2007 03:15PM
Yeah, Mohinder's character has taken a determined nosedive. He's so Naive.
November 20, 2007 04:35PM
Especially since it demonstrates that for a supposedly intelligent person and scientist that he never learns anything, no matter how often he sees these people acting morally and criminally wrong. Even knowing that the Company was guilty of kidnappings and murder and Bennet was trying to prevent that Mohinder STILL betrayed Bennet and signed over to the dark side, all the while telling himself it was okay. I almost wish he DID have a power just so syler would chop out that poor excuse for a brain he has and get rid of him.

-- Peter David

November 20, 2007 10:44PM
I wouldn't liken Mr.B to either Xavier or Magneto... he just isn't ideological enough. He's pretty plain and simple... wants to protect his family and daughter, and bringing down the Company not only serves that end, but helps others as a by-product.

Mr.B has always been a good man at heart. Even when he served the Company he believed, as I myself would be inclined to in a world of super-powered individuals, that they were serving a greater good and doing the right and/or necessary thing.

I'd say that a better comparison might be Nick Fury or the Punisher, in that either is willing to do what it takes to get the job done.

I was thrilled to see him out manuever Mo' during the exchange, and then downcast when he took the bullet later. But then thrilled again to see him brought back by the blood!!

Are we sure it was Claire's? Afterall, we don't know if Claire's blood can do that, but we do know that Adam's can... and that the Company was in possession of him for a time.

Speaking of Adam... Hiro's discovery was neat!

And speaking of Hiro... what about his upcoming fight with Pete???

I like Hiro and all, and know they'll probably sort it out in the end hero style, but for the time being I have to stand by m'man Pete... I mean, the guy can explode!!! 'Nuff said.

Powersurge (history, pics) [www.classicmarvel.com]

Morningstar (campaign journal) [www.classicmarvel.com]

"You just decided *all by yourselves* that you are the Earth's protectors. And that you, and *only* you, not your teammates or family, are trustworthy enough to include in the process..."

T'Challa, The New Avengers: Illuminati 1
November 20, 2007 11:00PM
It does seem more likely that the blood came from Adam, as we've never seen any examples of Claire's blood having a transferable healing factor, and her ability to heal can be turned off by just piercing her brain, which would seem to imply her blood requires that connection to her body to work and wouldn't heal someone else when removed from her like that.

We still have some mysteries about Adam, since we don't know if his living for centuries has driven him insane, if his decades of imprisonment at the hands of the Company drove him insane, if he's sane but thinks he's killin truly evil people, or if as it seems most likely he's a pawn of the mind-controller who is manipulating him as a long-range assassin under the delusion he's doing something else entirely.

-- Peter David

November 21, 2007 09:04AM
Powersurge Wrote:
> I wouldn't liken Mr.B to either Xavier or
> Magneto... he just isn't ideological enough.

The match wasn't meant to be literal. But I didn't say that; my bad!

> He's
> pretty plain and simple... wants to protect his
> family and daughter, and bringing down the Company
> not only serves that end, but helps others as a
> by-product.
>
> Mr.B has always been a good man at heart. Even
> when he served the Company he believed, as I
> myself would be inclined to in a world of
> super-powered individuals, that they were serving
> a greater good and doing the right and/or
> necessary thing.
>
> I'd say that a better comparison might be Nick
> Fury or the Punisher, in that either is willing to
> do what it takes to get the job done.

Yeah, clearly more Nick Fury than the Punisher! Punisher is driven by vengeance, not duty! For Punisher, the greater good part is incidental.

>
> I was thrilled to see him out manuever Mo' during
> the exchange, and then downcast when he took the
> bullet later. But then thrilled again to see him
> brought back by the blood!!
>
> Are we sure it was Claire's? Afterall, we don't
> know if Claire's blood can do that, but we do know
> that Adam's can... and that the Company was in
> possession of him for a time.
>
> Speaking of Adam... Hiro's discovery was neat!
>
> And speaking of Hiro... what about his upcoming
> fight with Pete???
>
> I like Hiro and all, and know they'll probably
> sort it out in the end hero style, but for the
> time being I have to stand by m'man Pete... I
> mean, the guy can explode!!! 'Nuff said.

Yeah maybe, Hiro can stop time and kill him when he's unable to use his powers. For some reason, when Hiro appears Pete goes human-like and Hiro has a sword! We haven't seen Pete able to use his powers when Hiro stops time to visit him?!

November 21, 2007 10:46AM
Peter's powers have been developing though, and he tends to access them instinctively. I think on at least one occasion his current or future self proved able to negate the null-time field of Hiro, and someone getting ready to cut your head off is a good motivator to trigger self-defense with the powers copied from Hiro to free himself to defend himself.

-- Peter David

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.