Thor kicks Iron Mans Bum

Posted by Galactus 1 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Thor kicks Iron Mans Bum
September 15, 2007 08:45PM
Thor kicked Iron Mans arse in Thor issue 3,Tony got his but handed to Him.I am surprised he did not wear his most powerful suit for this fight.Maybe Tony is that damn Arrogant and thought he could take down Thor that easy.Thor could have easily have Killed Tony,but that wont Happen:D.Anyway after Civil War it was nice to see Tony brought down to Earth.I am sure in their next encounter Tony will wear the most powerful suit.Stark got his arse wipped I will Drink to that and he got some Humble pie.:!)-D(tu):.D:.D
Re: Thor kicks Iron Mans Bum
September 15, 2007 09:23PM
Well tell me... did Thor find out about Clor? Is that why they fought? Did Tony attempt to reign Thor in like any other hero?

September 15, 2007 09:24PM
Thor found out about Clor and was pissed.

I swear this fight was the only reason i bought the book, it was fantastic.

"No where to hide. No place to run. Your village will BURN like the heart of the SUN!" - Richard, Head warlock of the Brotherhood of Darkness, Lord of the 13 Hells, Master of the Bones, Emperor of the Black, Lord of the Undead, Lord of the Dance.
September 15, 2007 10:36PM
I have got to get to my shop and see if they've got a copy still in stock for that! I'm sure it has to be going fast.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Godiva Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Seraphim Character Sheet

[www.furaffinity.net] Art by Marvel Comic's artist Rusty Haller!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Sappho Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Cornucopia Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmares of Futures Past Ongoing Story

[www.classicmarvel.com] - There is no such thing as too powerful Forum Thread
Re: who hasn't beat ironman lately?
September 16, 2007 02:18PM
Ironman has been a whipping boy for Marvel for the past how many years now?

Blades cutting thru his armor, lesser powered opponents knocking him around, powerful opponents knocking him around,

and a degenerating origin and character downward slide.

he is sort of the most popular VILLAIN in the MU right now. has his own monthly book and everything.
Last succesfull villain with his own book was Tomb of Dracula?!?

and if it wasn't you get my drift.
September 16, 2007 02:59PM
Iron Man has dished out plenty of beat downs recently.

Captain America being one that I recall rather well. Let's not mention Spider Man, who Iron Man has also put the whuppin on.

As far as Thor's encounter with Iron Man, boy was that something I was glad to see. I also dig that Thor is being treated with more of a godly air. He's a god, how could he not know that Iron Man violated his genetic code for twisted ends? Gods should know these things. That thin line from omniscience and simply having the awareness a God would inherently have.

September 17, 2007 11:38AM
honestly Marvel has found the right formula for me to buy comics with this.

formula: Iron Man + Getting his butt kicked in a cool way = me buying that book.

I cant help it, i really despise the character now. I know he's gonna get redeemed and stuff but for right now he's the biggest jerk in the MU, commence the whup-pow!

"No where to hide. No place to run. Your village will BURN like the heart of the SUN!" - Richard, Head warlock of the Brotherhood of Darkness, Lord of the 13 Hells, Master of the Bones, Emperor of the Black, Lord of the Undead, Lord of the Dance.
September 17, 2007 02:38PM
I'm sure everyone will be on Iron Man's side once the movie comes out, and who knows what storyline he'll be in in the comics by then. Maybe Squirrel Girl will kick Ironman's butt.
September 17, 2007 07:31PM
Putting aside how much I hate iron man. And when I say hate i mean in the sense that you hate a villian, i actually like the character . Kind of love to hate him.

Putting that aside glad the treated Thor in the right way. He says very clearly that he was not holding back at all. meaning all other encounters with Iron man is like people ahve said in the past Thor usually holds back when dealing with Mortals. Second Iron mans energy was just absorbed instantly. Which I have said in many posts as being Thors most powerful powers. his ability to absorb CL 3000 energy. Really takes a lot of enemies with energy powers right out of the game.
September 18, 2007 05:44PM
Just got Issues 2 and 3 today and got to say I'm loving how things are going, the new look is fine and seeing his confrontation with Stark was great! Really made my day when he said it was high time for Stark to realize the difference betweena god and a man in a metal suit.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

September 18, 2007 09:46PM
The power level Thor is operating on is UNREAL

he is actually and actively a godly character for the first time in decades

can't wait to see him take on the Hulk of War

man, that is going to rule
September 18, 2007 10:10PM
Anyone care to give Vegas odds on that fight?

September 19, 2007 08:44AM
A gajillion to one, because it's not gonna happen. At least not any time soon. Somewhere in Newsarama a month or two back they said very plainly that Thor won't be involved in the World War Hulk storyline. But Thor will be tied into the upcoming Secret Invasion, because for some reason, somneone thought a skrull storyline would be a good idea...

September 19, 2007 11:51AM
Bah. That's just Marvel not wanting to deal with the fact that Thor could end the WWH storyline very easily.

September 19, 2007 02:38PM
Well, like I've said in the past... I'm ultimately on Thor's side, so would that make mean anti-reg now?

I still think that the basic premise of the SRA is sound. And speaking as someone that never really liked Stark preCW, or period for that matter, I have to say that people are too harsh on him and don't fully appreciate his position. But in the end, I stand beside the Almighty.

Does it really mean I'm anti-reg now?!

------------------------------------------------
Powersurge (history, pics) [www.classicmarvel.com]

Morningstar (campaign journal) [www.classicmarvel.com]

"You just decided *all by yourselves* that you are the Earth's protectors. And that you, and *only* you, not your teammates or family, are trustworthy enough to include in the process..."

T'Challa, The New Avengers: Illuminati 1
September 19, 2007 04:16PM
I think it's a good call.

Thor only started part way into WWH, and it would seem kinda forced to have Thor return from his limbo-like death to rush smack dab into fighting the Hulk [who was really screwed over by the illuminati anyhow]whom he might not even think he should actually fight against.

I think being a God, he'd be more about putting his house in order before mortal affairs [which he's pretty much doing, after all, Thor didn't land on Plymouth Rock, Iron Man landed on him]

Plus the pacing of doing WWH right off the bat would be weird. I'd rather Thor stay out of it. That and Hulk whupped Hercules like nothin, I doubt Thor would have an easy time of it what with Hulk + Warbound.

September 19, 2007 04:18PM
Yup, you're pro-reg now.

Need a Pro-Reg signiature Banner?

September 19, 2007 06:10PM
Powersurge hate to say it bud but I told you so. As two huge Thor fans we dont agree on a great many things but the one thing Ihave noticed on this is we do agree on is we both love Thor. Though I remember a long time back state Thor would be anti reg.
September 19, 2007 08:13PM
Well I never thought Thor would be in favor of the SRA, however good an idea might sound the actual execution of it has always been without thought or concern for any of those being victimized by it. As we saw in Thor #3 Iron Man showed up and tried to strong-arm Thor with a 'either you're with us or against us and we can take you so you better sign up and do what we say' threat of godawfully stupid levels. I mean he's seen or had to have known Thor's defied Galactus, Celestials, and his own father for what he felt was right even if it cost him personally because he felt it was right.

To think he could pop in and say 'well Thor sign here and we'll have your scheduled appearances faxed to you next week and no doing what you want unless we approve it' takes a special kind of arrogance or madness to think it'd work.

-- Peter David

September 19, 2007 08:19PM
Make that three huge Thor fans Junderway,I really enjoyed Iron Mans Total @#$%& WUPPIN.I used to like Iron Man until this Civil War came along.I liked the Fact that he was a Man but could fight with the Big Dogs with his suit and Technolgy.But Man did he change he became a Government Lackey.Anyway seeing him helpless with Thors Hand on his throat was priceless.I think if their is another encounter between Him and Thor he wont take Thor so lightly.

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.