Free Marvel module

Posted by killzone5000 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Free Marvel module
September 04, 2007 05:11PM
Hi all. I've written a module for the Marvel RPG which I'm making available to anyone out there who'd like to see it. The module's Adventure Book is 106 pages long, and there's also a 58-page roster book (featuring all original characters), as well as over a dozen maps.

There are numerous illustrations and character portraits included in the Adventure and Roster Books, and hopefully the whole package has a professional feel to it. Both books are in pdf format, and are in zip files to save a little space.

You can find the downloads page for the module, roster book and maps here;
[www.angelfire.com]

If there are any comments, questions or other feedback about the module, I'd love to hear what everyone's got to say.

P.S. I'm not expecting to run out of bandwidth any time soon, but if you can't get the module from my site, just e-mail me (killzone5000@hotmail.com) and I'll be happy to send you a copy.
Re: Free Marvel module
September 04, 2007 05:59PM
Downloaded...and we'll see what this reads like! :)

Niniri

September 04, 2007 06:30PM
Just downloaded the module and took a quick scan. It looks like some effort went into this, and I will take a closer look in the near future.

Thanks for the new material!

TAG
September 04, 2007 06:39PM
The files abruptly terminate after just 60k when I try downloading them. 0.0

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Godiva Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Seraphim Character Sheet

[www.furaffinity.net] Art by Marvel Comic's artist Rusty Haller!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Sappho Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Cornucopia Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmares of Futures Past Ongoing Story

[www.classicmarvel.com] - There is no such thing as too powerful Forum Thread
September 04, 2007 07:09PM
Nightmask Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The files abruptly terminate after just 60k when I
> try downloading them. 0.0

No idea why that is, Nightmask. As I said in the post, I'll be happy to send you a copy direct. Just e-mail me if you want me to do so and I'll get right on it.
September 04, 2007 08:06PM
Thanks, I found a way to get it to work. Apparently the server you've got hosting the files really dislikes someone using a dial-up and it was dropping me every 60k or so, but using GetRight while it took a bunch of restarts it finally managed to completely download all three zips. I'll give them a looksee when I'm up to it.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

September 04, 2007 08:11PM
Glad you got it sorted, Nightmask, and I hope it was worth the effort.
September 04, 2007 08:40PM
Most things generally are. :)

-- Peter David

September 06, 2007 07:29PM
Great module killzone5000 (which coincidently is my favorite FPS game)!

Since you know this module so well (because I am assuming you wrote it) do you think it would be possible to host an online pbp of this module? I would love that. I only read the first page and am hooked.

Ronin's proboards forum Roninsgames is quite active and I'm sure more would love to enjoy your adventure.
September 06, 2007 07:51PM
Glad you like what you've seen so far, Incognito. Yes, I did write the module, but as far as hosting an online pbp, I have to admit I have no idea what that means, or what it would entail :( If you'd like to give me some more details (either on the board or directly to killzone5000@hotmail.com), I'll let you know what I think :)
September 06, 2007 07:58PM
If you go on MSN right now I'll talk to you. My msn is lu_bu_man@hotmail.com
Any thoughts?
September 12, 2007 10:27AM
Hi all. I was just wondering if anybody's read the module I posted, and if so, what you thought about it.
Re: Any thoughts?
September 12, 2007 10:57AM
I haven't had the chance to read the module yet, but Skycutter mentioned to me that he'd read it and really liked it. I won't put words in his mouth, but he seemed very impressed. "Professional" was the word he used. Next time he's on hopefully he can elaborate.

Re: Any thoughts?
October 08, 2007 08:53PM
My free module is still available for download at [www.angelfire.com] if anybody's interested.
November 10, 2007 05:49PM
Hey all. Still haven't had a lot of feedback about the module I created, so I figured I'd push this post back to the top of the pile and see if anyone wanted to let me know what they thought of it.
November 10, 2007 08:42PM
I'm getting DSL soon so I'll go and get it then. Right now it's too big for dialup.
November 11, 2007 06:23PM
Killzone, I thought your module was very will done. I hope it is the first of many to come!!B!)-

The Skycutter

November 11, 2007 07:50PM
I hope it's worth the wait, Ty :)
November 16, 2007 12:10PM
I downloaded two of the three zips. The adventure book doesn't download fully and when I open it says is corrupted.
November 21, 2007 10:38AM
I downloaded it a while back. Sorry i could not respond, it's hard for me to be online these days.

I was VERY IMPRESSED. Professional is a good word for it. I like how the opposition can be altered depending on the power level of the group. The roster book is strong and deep. Nice maps and illustrations too. Question and answer sections in the chapters should make GM-ing easy. Very well though out overall.

Its contributions like yours that keep the game alive. Very nice!

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.