this just in from San Diego...

Posted by capocastillo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
this just in from San Diego...
July 27, 2007 04:52PM
Warren Ellis will be taking over Astonishing X-Men after Joss Whedon's run!

@#$%& AWESOME!

Re: this just in from San Diego...
July 27, 2007 04:53PM
Not familiar with him. Is he a newer writer?

July 27, 2007 06:28PM
Ellis is Da Man...maybe that book'll shine again!

Niniri

July 30, 2007 07:58AM
He's best known for his work on Planetary, Transmetropolitan, and the Authority. He also wrote some really good stuff on Nextwave, and wrote the Extremis Iron man storyline.

July 30, 2007 10:37AM
Wow, I'm not familiar with any of that. :)

Is it all Marvel and all post 2000?

July 30, 2007 11:23AM
Nah, Warren Ellis has done a lot of work for Wildstorm, DC, Image, just about anyone and everyone. He also really broke onto the Scene with his Authority/Planetary work back in 98 or so. But he's actually been around for a while.

July 30, 2007 11:43AM
August 02, 2007 06:35PM
Did you see or hear anything regarding the Watchmen movie??
August 03, 2007 08:58AM
Watchmen Movie has been cast and Zack Snyder [sic] is going to be the director. This is the guy who did the movie adaptation of 300.

August 03, 2007 02:53PM
Although I found 300 eye-candy entertaining w/ snyders dawn of the dead remake kinda fun- On paper he in my opinion NOT a good pick to direct The Watchmen. who knows, maybe it will still be good?

A shame Terry Giliam and Darren Aronofsky will not get a chance to direct this movie- the one they always wanted to do. They both are more subtle ant art oriented.
Re: Watchmen Movie
August 03, 2007 03:31PM
Both of them were slated to direct the film at one point or another, but things kept perpetually falling through

August 11, 2007 10:54AM
lol ellis lives in my local town in southend essex, and visits my local comic shop on occastions, and i have spoken to him a few times as well, but he is it abit up himself

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.