The Skycutter.

Posted by War 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: The Skycutter.
October 07, 2007 09:03PM
I think the Cutter is very talented at doing the write ups that others ask of him!
Just look at what he has done for others, write ups on Spawn, The Terminators, Robocop, and my favorite Conan the Barbarian! Cutter's write ups are AWESOME!!:.D
October 07, 2007 09:09PM
Homie Sidious, you should look out, the Cutter fans are starting to come out for their hero! You better put on the Flame proof underwear homie, because one of them will light you up.X( LOL Peace Out Homie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2007 09:12PM by Nuke.
October 07, 2007 09:17PM
I have one question for you Sidious, How many write ups have you done?(td)

One Shot, One Kill, and Only One HITMAN!
October 07, 2007 09:24PM
Look out Homie Sidious, the Cutter fans are LEGION! I think your toast homie, run while you still have a chance! This is going to get Ugly Homies...X( LOL Peace, Go Pods!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2007 09:24PM by Nuke.
October 07, 2007 09:33PM
Sidious, I'm a fan of the Cutter! What stupid @#$%& question is trust worthy? Your not even in the same league as the Cutter! I also do not remember ever seeing any write ups posted by you in this forum!!:?
October 07, 2007 09:44PM
I agree with LightHammer and TAG! Your question is a cheap shot Sidious.:S
October 07, 2007 11:33PM
Leave the guy alone. His question was valid and he has every right to have asked it. He wasn't rude... on the contrary he was quite polite about it, and doesn't deserve you guys admonishing him, even if you think you're leaping to Skycutter's defense. If (as you seem to think) Skycutter's really going to be offended by Sidious, let him speak for himself. I appreciate that you enjoy Cutter's work (I enjoy it as well), but there's a line between admiration and obsession. The bottom line is this: Skycutter does not need anyone to chastise people who happen to question his work or why people ask for his work. Be nice.

October 08, 2007 02:26AM
Punstarr Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Leave the guy alone. His question was valid and
> he has every right to have asked it. He wasn't
> rude... on the contrary he was quite polite about
> it, and doesn't deserve you guys admonishing him,
> even if you think you're leaping to Skycutter's
> defense. If (as you seem to think) Skycutter's
> really going to be offended by Sidious, let him
> speak for himself. I appreciate that you enjoy
> Cutter's work (I enjoy it as well), but there's a
> line between admiration and obsession. The bottom
> line is this: Skycutter does not need anyone to
> chastise people who happen to question his work or
> why people ask for his work. Be nice.

I agree, Lord_Sidious has asked politely and expressed in detail that he meant no harm or foul in his question.

I've worked with Skycutter on a few character projects in the past and can understand why some prefer his work including a few others on here. There are very few people who use as much detail as Skycutter, TAG, Nightmask and myself. If I missed a few, my apologies.

Players want details and plausible stats that make sense when creating a character. I'm not sure why others choose not to make their own, even when they totally have the ability too. I'll admit that I've been lazy myself on making characters and would prefer someone else to do it just to save me the trouble. We all have off days. We don't always want to do all the work of making a character some days. This is just my answer to your question Lord_Sidious. I want to help you answer that question. Well at least my point of view of it.

Plus, The Skycutter is his own man and can defend himself rather nicely without others help. Also, there is no need for any defensive action in the first place. So lets not jump the gun with the unnecessary flamage. Lord-Sidious has done nothing wrong here. I can assure you that Skycutter would agree.

flam-ing.
-noun

1. Computer Slang. an angry, critical, or disparaging electronic message, as an e-mail or newsgroup post.
-verb (used without object)

2. Computer Slang. to send an angry, critical, or disparaging electronic message.
-verb (used with object)

3. Computer Slang. to insult or criticize angrily in an electronic message.
-Verb phrase

4. *Flaming, flamer* and *flamboyant* are potentially pejorative adjectives for a gay man or LGBT person whose behavior is reflected in a stereotypical flamboyancy, manner or style (see also gay culture and camp) but also refers to anyone seen as showy, outrageous, eccentric or unique stylistically

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2007 02:27AM by RAGNARoK.
October 08, 2007 02:27AM
I agree with Punstarr. I also was talking to Skycutter today. During the conversation I and brought up this thread, to which he replied, "Sounds like a decent question to me. Some people like my stuff, some people don't." (Paraphrased of course.)

To elaborate on my earlier response, I trust Skycutter's write-ups because *he does his homework.* He does extensive research and knows what he's talking about. If not, he makes sure he finds out. The other reason I can trust his write-ups is that he knows the rules inside, backside, sideways, and upside down. When he does write-ups, he doesn't let house-rules, personal bias, or influence affect his work. He looks at the evidence and makes his rulings on it *according to the rules.*

It kind of reflects one of my major pet peeves. When some people do write-ups, they say, "Well this character's Reason has to be this because he tracked down the villain in this issue with only these clues to go by." I look at them and say, "Well, he also had a hard time operating a simple computer, so did you consider that he might have only Pr Reason with two slots of Detective talent and rolled a Red FEAT?" Skycutter knows to acknowledge this.

Sure, other people can make write-ups. And yeah, a lot of them can be pretty good. But I can look at Skycutter's work and *know* it will be exactly, or extremely similar to, what I would have come up with. The extra research and pictures are icing on the cake. I mean, for crying out loud, he contacted the people that worked on the 200X Masters of the Universe cartoon and got a copy of their production bible. How dedicated is that?!?

Skycutter knows his stuff, and produces rock-solid work.

TAG
October 08, 2007 09:48AM
far more than you could imagine since i have been playing this game since i was 13 and am now 34. but if you would like to view some of my work the link is available.

[games.groups.yahoo.com]

"No where to hide. No place to run. Your village will BURN like the heart of the SUN!" - Richard, Head warlock of the Brotherhood of Darkness, Lord of the 13 Hells, Master of the Bones, Emperor of the Black, Lord of the Undead, Lord of the Dance.
October 08, 2007 09:57AM
thank you TAG and Rag, Those were the kind of responses i had been hoping for.

So basically it boils down to the amount of detail embedded in the write-up? and the amount of effort proscribed to do it and the research it took?

more or less a quality verses quantity type of difference.

as to the start of the bickering, i knew that it would bring out some, i'm not naive, so i was prepared. (flame proof undies ftw!)

That does add some food for thought.

"No where to hide. No place to run. Your village will BURN like the heart of the SUN!" - Richard, Head warlock of the Brotherhood of Darkness, Lord of the 13 Hells, Master of the Bones, Emperor of the Black, Lord of the Undead, Lord of the Dance.
Re: New Marvel Updated Material.
October 13, 2007 06:50PM
Homies, I was on the Cutter's website and I found the Updated Marvel Advanced Judges Book/Players book in Digital 3.0 format! I downloaded the books, there excellent, so check them out, here are the Links. I wonder why the Cutter did not share this material earlier.X(
Peace Out Homies LOL

[www.mediamax.com]# Updated Digital Judges Book 3.0 PDF

[www.mediamax.com]#
Updated Digital Players Book 3.0 PDF
October 14, 2007 02:19PM
Skycutter, did a great job updating both the Judges' and Players' Books! Thanks Nuke for letting us know about this updated material.:D
X
October 14, 2007 02:45PM
CUTTER, you rock!! The new Judges' and Players' books are AWESOME!!X(
October 14, 2007 02:48PM
The Skycutter is a Uber King!! The updated Judges' and Players' books are great!! Thanxs Cutter!!:!)-D
October 14, 2007 04:21PM
I did notice early on people seemed to favor lots of details if you wanted them to read/respect a write-up, whether for a piece of character modeling or a unique/custom character. Since it's no fun doing the work if people don't find it having the details they're looking for to make it worth them reading I like to go the extra mile and be thorough. Even if someone's write-up isn't the best you do or at least should respect the effort that they put into writing it up (even sometimes what looks like someone 'obviously' not making an effort is actually just letting some personal bias guide things).

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Godiva Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Seraphim Character Sheet

[www.furaffinity.net] Art by Marvel Comic's artist Rusty Haller!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Sappho Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Cornucopia Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmares of Futures Past Ongoing Story

[www.classicmarvel.com] - There is no such thing as too powerful Forum Thread
October 14, 2007 06:47PM
Yeah, SKYCUTTER was nice enough to email me the download links to his Judges & Players 3.0 Books from his website.
Thanx SKYCUTTER!

flam-ing.
-noun

1. Computer Slang. an angry, critical, or disparaging electronic message, as an e-mail or newsgroup post.
-verb (used without object)

2. Computer Slang. to send an angry, critical, or disparaging electronic message.
-verb (used with object)

3. Computer Slang. to insult or criticize angrily in an electronic message.
-Verb phrase

4. *Flaming, flamer* and *flamboyant* are potentially pejorative adjectives for a gay man or LGBT person whose behavior is reflected in a stereotypical flamboyancy, manner or style (see also gay culture and camp) but also refers to anyone seen as showy, outrageous, eccentric or unique stylistically

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2007 06:48PM by RAGNARoK.
October 15, 2007 05:01PM
Wow, now that is what I call a update! Thanks for giving new life to the Judges' and Players' Books for me again Cutter!!:.D
October 15, 2007 05:09PM
I agree with Highlander, you did a great job on updating the Judges'/Players' Books, SKYCUTTER!!X(
October 15, 2007 05:17PM
I really like your update on the Judges' and Players' Books Cutter! Thank you for doing such a great job on them!!:D

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.