The Leifeld Game Thread

Posted by Punstarr 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: The Leifeld Game Thread
July 12, 2007 10:09AM
since Leifeld has pillows stuffed with money he can sleep well but...

There was no exuse with his lazyness ripping off George Perez panal by panal ( New Teen Titans #1 ) because he did not want to take the time to think for himself.
Or draw with a little more accuracy in the way of proportion. The Captain America chest shot is infamous. funny huh?

i just think he was Not ground breaking in art but rather just part of the new trend in big high end action, sexy in your face FLUFF that was coming out in the 90's.

you know Jack Kirby was the one who pushed the envelope in this regard that those others took and just added pcp-speed to.
July 12, 2007 10:19AM
My computer farted or something. Sorry.

Also Capo, I misquoted you on the "fresh take" by liefeld. I put ground breaking.
I still disagree with the fresh take line in his art but I might of overstated what you said of his skills. Sorry.
July 12, 2007 10:39AM
don't sweat it.

July 12, 2007 11:01AM
Odd, generally the site won't let you make duplicate posts, or at least it stops and prevents me from doing it.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Godiva Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Seraphim Character Sheet

[www.furaffinity.net] Art by Marvel Comic's artist Rusty Haller!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Sappho Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Cornucopia Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmares of Futures Past Ongoing Story

[www.classicmarvel.com] - There is no such thing as too powerful Forum Thread
January 30, 2008 07:52AM
We have fun with the bad Liefeld art and ripoff character creations. Our characters have traveled to alternate dimensions where everyone had tiny feet and had trouble walking. Also, the Pouches and Jacket craze. Even the FF had the mandatory bad jackets for a while. There is nothing wrong with a belt full of pouches, or even a bandolier. But THIGH pouches? What could possibly fit in pouches so tiny and uncomfortable? Bus Fare? Each holding a quarter?
January 30, 2008 09:31AM
Well oversized weapons are almost always rediculous unless it's a one-shot deal where say the Thing has to take down a mega-baddy and the only weapon Mr. Fantastic has to take it down is too heavy for anyone but the Thing to make use of it. It doesn't really matter who's overdoing it after all, Liefeld might have done it most often with over-sized guns and too many pouches but he's hardly the only one. It was a different look and once someone tosses in a divergent look that catches the attention of people it propogates like a virus through the artists until they burn it out and everyone goes 'Give it a rest, I'm tired of all the guns and pouches!' at which point it fades out until the only ones left with such things are generally characters who're more suited for them.

Given Mr. Fantastic for example a vest with pouches isn't so out of character when you consider how much he focuses on analyzing things and doing on-site construction of fantastic gadgets and requires a way of carrying equipment with him that won't get in the way of his powers. A vest with equipment pouches he can discard at a moment's notice does fit with him, especially if he knows he's going into a situation where he'll need to bring equipment with him. It's a rediculous idea for the Thing though unless he's being pack-mule or Spider-man who other than running out of web fluid during fights really had no need for extra items beyond his trackers, extra fluid cartridges, his camera, and his belt light.

I don't really see much value to thigh pouches either, especially the aroud-the-thigh pouch line, unless they're holding something really flexible and thin like a rain poncho, and that could be held in a vest pouch. Visually it's nice but too much of a good thing when you look at things in practical terms.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Godiva Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Seraphim Character Sheet

[www.furaffinity.net] Art by Marvel Comic's artist Rusty Haller!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Sappho Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Cornucopia Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmares of Futures Past Ongoing Story

[www.classicmarvel.com] - There is no such thing as too powerful Forum Thread
January 30, 2008 10:22PM
Did he get better recently????

Some artists do improve their skills over time. If Liefield did get better I would give him some props. Of course I would still have to see proof!

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.