World War Hulk

Posted by Za Zen 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
World War Hulk
June 25, 2007 08:15PM
Oh yes!

Issue one is amazing. The tie-ins are a waste of time, so far, but the main zine is crucial.

no spoilers from me, just buy it.
Re: World War Hulk SPOILER
June 27, 2007 09:47PM
Looks like the prof X hulk fight was a bit of a cop out. I didnt care of how it was done. ALways thought the one guy that could take the hulk out would be prof X mind but all of a sudden Hulk has a mental screen? Lame

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2007 09:48PM by junderway.
June 27, 2007 11:10PM
Psi Screen? OH COME ON!!! *rolls eyes*

There better be a good explanation is all I have to say.

June 27, 2007 11:57PM
more or less his rage makes him immune
June 28, 2007 12:09AM
Well of course there is, the Hulk is the new Doomsday, able to adapt defenses against any attack (like the idea he doesn't need to breath now) without the hindrance gaining sentience seems to have been for Doomsday.
June 28, 2007 05:41AM
Nightmask Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well of course there is, the Hulk is the new
> Doomsday, able to adapt defenses against any
> attack (like the idea he doesn't need to breath
> now) without the hindrance gaining sentience seems
> to have been for Doomsday.

Taarna here. The Hulk has a mental screen now? Since when? Maybe someone who wants chaos is helping him out?

As for who can take out the Hulk the following characters with some planning can:

Mister Fantastic - Immagine Hulk transported to the negative zone!

Doctor Strange - Could " relocate " the Hulk to another plane or time line.
Re: World War Hulk
June 28, 2007 06:11AM
But Strange won't. Iron Man already asked him to, Strange refused. Said something tot he effect of "If I send him away, he'll just come back angrier and stronger. We made this mess, we need to deal with it, here and now."

If being a berserker gives Wolvie a mental shield (an Un/100 one at that, according to the stats on this site), it should work for Hulk, too ;) Honestly, I'm surprised it's not come up sooner.
June 28, 2007 06:18AM
Actually in neither of those cases would the hulk be taken out, he'd just be relocated to another dimension where he'd eventually find his way back from again, like he did from the Crossroads Dimension, Half-World, and the world he was exiled to by the Illuminati. The only way to beat him is to cure him, but of course since Marvel won't ever let a cure stick, and will go to amazing lengths to negate or just blatently ignore one (Merged Hulk becoming the Professor, even when it contradicted what was clearly shown to have happened) we won't be seeing that happen.
June 28, 2007 06:30AM
Now that I can actually see as being somewhat feasible, like Wolverine while berserk is resistant as well.

June 28, 2007 08:16AM
Sending him to the NZ might actually make things worse faster, since simply being there gnaws at some people's psyches.
June 28, 2007 12:25PM
I can easily accept that an enraged Hulk is less susceptible to subtle psionic manipulation, like mind control, provided that his mind is *overwhelmed* with rage and not operating on any kind of lucid level, but I don't see that as having much effect on a true psionic *attack* like Psylocke's "psycho-blast".

As for who could take out the Hulk; I suddenly have strange desire to see Zeus make a trip to Earth. Zeus would *spank* the Hulk. And he should. And while he's at it, Herc seems to need a time out himself.

------------------------------------------------
Powersurge (history, pics) [www.classicmarvel.com]

Morningstar (campaign journal) [www.classicmarvel.com]

"You just decided *all by yourselves* that you are the Earth's protectors. And that you, and *only* you, not your teammates or family, are trustworthy enough to include in the process..."

T'Challa, The New Avengers: Illuminati 1
June 28, 2007 08:18PM
Unfortunately Zeus would be literally a deux ex machina (given he's the originator of the term) in such a situation, although even with his powers he'd have some work ahead of him taking down the Hulk. He also has a strictly hands-off policy towards earth and a ban he enforces on all his people but his son Hercules, he wouldn't even get involved when his son was nearly killed by the Masters of Evil (although that was poor writing since as an established true immortal even they couldn't kill him, shouldn't have even been able to give him brain damage, it wasn't until much later that Zeus stripped him of his immortality).
World War Hulk vs....
June 28, 2007 11:48PM
Here's an interesting thought... WWHulk vs Thanos.

Re: World War Hulk vs....
June 29, 2007 12:11AM
Thanos would win, I mean he was able to outwit Mephisto and defeat Thor while he had the Power Gem, after first having a knock down drag out fight with him for the fun of it. Kind of reminded me of a Saiyan for a bit, with his 'I'm bored I think I'll go ahead and fight you in hand-to-hand combat' attitude at the time. At least until he got bored with it and broke out that stasis gun.
June 29, 2007 07:48AM
I think Thanos is busy being Death's consort, post-Annihilation.
June 29, 2007 08:07AM
One can never be sure what Thanos is up to even when they're watching him do it, although if Death has accepted him back finally I wonder what prompted it, unless it was simply because he stopped stalking her (we all know how women hate those pushy guys offering them the moon and the stars and the deaths of everyone in existance). After all Death was showing interest in the Silver Surfer for a time, because he sent trillions to Her and he most assuredly wasn't seeking to earn favor with Her when he did.
June 29, 2007 06:42PM
Punstarr Wrote:
> Now that I can actually see as being somewhat
> feasible, like Wolverine while berserk is
> resistant as well.

No its pretty much bull crap. How the heck can the hulk be so engraged adn still think clearly yet at the saem time be so enraged that he cant be effected by mind control. Seems like a double standard.

And even the most feral animals still have minds and think on some level. If you can think (and have a brain)you can be effected by mind attacks.
June 29, 2007 06:46PM
Powersurge Wrote:
> I can easily accept that an enraged Hulk is less
> susceptible to subtle psionic manipulation, like
> mind control, provided that his mind is
> *overwhelmed* with rage and not operating on any
> kind of lucid level, but I don't see that as
> having much effect on a true psionic *attack* like
> Psylocke's "psycho-blast".
>
> As for who could take out the Hulk; I suddenly
> have strange desire to see Zeus make a trip to
> Earth. Zeus would *spank* the Hulk. And he should.
> And while he's at it, Herc seems to need a time
> out himself.

crazy powersurge you will drag myth into anything. I dont think there is much chanbce of us seeing any Roman, Norse or other Gods taking on the hulk. (except thor Herc)
June 29, 2007 06:52PM
I think Thanos is out. But I am a little disappointed to see that Nova left earth and will likely not fight the Hulk. As Nova now is at the top of the tier of superheros I would have liked to see him and Hulk go at it.

With Thanos being dead how about Hulk vs the guy who killed Thanos, Drax vs Hulk green vs Green?

However cosmis beings like Nova, Quasar, sufer ect seem to not be in marvels plans. It very much seems like that want Hulk assailt on earth to be a overwhelming threat. Very little "heavy hitters" looks to be stepping up to take on the Hulk. THe way things are looking we wont even see Thor vs Hulk.

The only one that looks like we might see is sentry vs Hulk.
Joe
June 29, 2007 06:55PM
I thought Sentry had the power to calm the Hulk down?

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.