Skrulls: The Answer To Everything

Posted by Dr Archeville 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Skrulls: The Answer To Everything
July 20, 2007 07:10PM
Well then, that means that it's possible the Skrulls could have had an Eternal variety of Skrulls that produced one exceptional mutant, like Thanos... apparently that rare breed are among the most powerful beings in the cosmos.

Whoa, I never thought of this, but Thanos is technically human, isn't he? His people originated as Eternal humans from Earth, right? They just migrated to Titan.

July 20, 2007 07:56PM
Yes Thanos is technically human, a child of an Earth-born Eternal and a Space-born Eternal. Those from space lack the bonuses from exposure to the cosmic energy accident Cronos had so lack the exceptional powers of those from earth (although are still fairly powerful, as evidenced by Eros). They also don't seem to have any problems with incest or inbreeding, since they're all descended from Alars and Sui-Li.

Thanos however is a to-date one-of-a-kind mutant of the breed, as while they get the benefit of a number of powers that make them inherently more powerful than a normal human they also are so genetically stable that mutation is almost impossible. In contrast, or perhaps counterpoint, the Deviants are completely genetically unstable and mutate with each generation. Humans hold the point in between, with the potential to mutate to be far more powerful than either of their estranged brethren.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Godiva Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Seraphim Character Sheet

[www.furaffinity.net] Art by Marvel Comic's artist Rusty Haller!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Sappho Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Cornucopia Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmares of Futures Past Ongoing Story

[www.classicmarvel.com] - There is no such thing as too powerful Forum Thread
July 23, 2007 12:18PM
I know Earth X "revealed" that Thanos's mother was a Skrull (hence his Skrull-like chin ridges) -- anyone know if that was ever folded into the mainstream continuity?
July 23, 2007 12:57PM
Earth X is considered a different reality.

July 23, 2007 01:08PM
Yes, I know, hence the wording of my question. Earth X was basically Marvel's version of DC's Kingdom Come (both feature very dystopian futures), and some things from that were folded into the mainstream DCU Continuity (as shown here). I was wondering if anything similar happened with Earth X.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2007 01:09PM by Dr Archeville.
July 23, 2007 01:45PM
Yeah, Earth X got to be really really divergent, especially when the sequels rolled around. So they never had any illusions of trying to make it a canon future or anything like that.

I remember for a while Kingdom Come was supposed to be a 'cannon' future for DC, but after a while they found out how impossible it is to keep the line in synch with a future that would probably take another 30 or 40 years in real time to catch up with the 10 or 20 years comic time it would take to reach that point.

But i heard that the Kingdom Come superman is gonna join the JSA or something, so it's hard to say what DC plans to do as far as integrating KC.

July 23, 2007 02:56PM
No chance of that, his mother for the Earth-616 and all its divergents is definitely a pre-enhancement Eternal. I doubt Earth-X has anything that'd qualify as canon for Earth-616.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

July 23, 2007 03:19PM
Considering Sinestro looks to have freed Superboy-Prime to add to his Sinestro Corps they'd certainly need the power of the older Superman-Kingdom Come in order to help survive him.

-- Peter David

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.