What if Cap had Regeneration

Posted by Lonewolf 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: What if Cap had Regeneration
July 17, 2006 02:39PM
Dr Archeville Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> you cant cut off wolverines head because of an
> admantium spine.
> His individual vertebrae are coated in Adamantium,
> yes. His ligaments (the things that connect bones
> to other bones) and sinews/tendons (things that
> connect muscles to bones) aren't. Tug hard
> enough, and you can tear off Wolvie's limbs (like
> Ultimate Hulk did to Ultimate Wolvie).

Granted, but a blade or a weapon can't cut through easily.
July 17, 2006 05:50PM
Yes, it would take a lucky shot to slip a blade between his ribs and pierce a vital organ... but I'm not talking about blades or weapons, I'm talking about just grabbing the runt and rending him like a roast chicken. ;-)
July 17, 2006 05:57PM
junderway Wrote:
> Dr Archeville Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > His individual vertebrae are coated in Adamantium, yes. His ligaments (the things that connect bones to other bones) and sinews/tendons (things that connect muscles to bones) aren't. Tug hard enough, and you can tear off Wolvie's limbs (like Ultimate Hulk did to Ultimate Wolvie).
>
>
> Granted, but a blade or a weapon can't cut through easily.

Unless it's a monomolecular blade..;)

Side question for Dr Archeville: If Ultimate Hulk tore off one of Ultimate Wolverine's limbs, was he able to reattach it by holding it place and his Regeneration repairing the connections? Or has his recovery, if any, not been shown yet?

Quack, damn you...
July 17, 2006 06:48PM
Considering the Hulk threw Wolverine's lower half of his body five miles away, there's going to be ample time for the wound to heal already. I'll assume Wolverine will have to reopen the wounds on both parts of his body when he finally crawls through the snow to find his legs. =)
July 17, 2006 08:12PM
umm...the point of a skeletal structure is to stand, walk, move and give your body support. Without it you would be a little fleshy pile of goo and not moving very well. At best you would be like an octopus.
The only organ that is pretty much completely protected by bone is the brain, and it is still accessable without hitting bone. The heart and lungs are under the rib cage, but pretty easy to get by that. Stomach, liver and such is pretty easy to hit. I didnt miss the point, it doesnt protect the major organs all that well, except the brain.
July 17, 2006 08:14PM
and it wouldnt take much luck or any sort of monomelecular blade, any character with a descent fighting rank and any understanding of anatomy could get in a shot between ribs very easy, even into the heart.
July 17, 2006 08:31PM
I'm not saying it'd require a monomolecular blade, just that such a blade would make it much easier, particularly in regards to taking his head off...since it'd be capable of slicing even through the Adamantium lacing on his bones.

In MSH game terms, a blade with the Two-Dimensionality power at Incredible or Amazing rank would probably be sufficient to potentially cut through True Adamantium.

Quack, damn you...
July 17, 2006 08:33PM
JCrump Wrote:
> and it wouldnt take much luck or any sort of
> monomelecular blade, any character with a descent
> fighting rank and any understanding of anatomy
> could get in a shot between ribs very easy, even
> into the heart.

Its fairly easy to get through the lower ribcage. However the upper ribs are much closer together and provide very good protection for the heart. Infact the heart lies underneath one of them directly. Like I said the lungs are not that well protected but they dont provide an instant kill. Nor does the stomach, liver ect. The reaility is that bones like many parts of the human anatomy serve duel purposes. One to keep us up right as you say but the other is to protect the organs. The is very difficult to get at through the rib cage. Maybe a very lucky shot with a bullet might get your to the heart but you are talking about a couple centimeters space between ribs. Thats a tough shot thats not like shooting womp rats back home.

Forget about a knife or larger blade. Especially in a fight with a target resisting. And your right even the brain you can get to through the eyes nose, but how practical is that. I am not saying the bones provide a shied for his organs but they provide a lot of protection.
July 18, 2006 05:14AM
Eh, just slice open his belly and start pulling sweetbreads out ;-)

Or, if you really wanna cheese him off, cut out his genitals, then reach in and start pulling out intestines through his pelvis. Death by Hernia.
July 18, 2006 06:21AM
Man, c'mon, I'm eating breakfast over here...

Skarlett da Grossed Out Spyder

________________________________________________________________________________
"All who wander are not lost." J.R.R. Tolkein

"History and experience have taught us that the oldest among our kind invariably prove the most formidable." Sage, X-Treme X-Men #43

"You leap like a hyena in heat!!" Conan to Wolverine, What If...? #16

"Useless, all useless...I was once a MAN!!" Cobra Commander, G.I. Joe the Movie

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.