X-3 or Superman Returns?

Posted by Raptor-22 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
X-3 or Superman Returns?
July 10, 2006 09:11AM
Being on a limited budget with expensive area theaters, I wanted to ask an informed crowd which if either of these films you would recommend seeing this summer if limited to just one?

I'm in a quandry because each film features a favorite character of mine in the comics. Dark/Pheonix and Superman? I enjoyed the first 2 Chris Reeves films as a kid and the two recent X films.
Re: X-3 or Superman Returns?
July 10, 2006 10:24AM
if i had to make a choice i would say Superman, However, I'd go see Pirates before then.

"No where to hide. No place to run. Your village will BURN like the heart of the SUN!" - Richard, Head warlock of the Brotherhood of Darkness, Lord of the 13 Hells, Master of the Bones, Emperor of the Black, Lord of the Undead, Lord of the Dance.
July 10, 2006 10:57AM
I'd see Superman returns as I thought both X3 and the Pirates sequal were VERY MUCH less than desirable
August 07, 2006 09:57PM
I would agree with plan9, didn't care for the pirates sequel or X-Men 3 and i did like the first pirates and the first 2 x-men movies, think there was to much hype and not enough story. I'd see a movie about superman over darkphoenix, she doesn't get that much time in the show, a few moments in all.
August 07, 2006 11:18PM
PIRATES is another "Empire Strikes Back. I'll leave it at that.

X3 struck me as wrapping up everyone's contractual oblications and tying up a few story arcs.
Superman Returns had problem Batman Begins did not-- the obligation to tie into the long-ago Reeve flicks. So half of the flick was basicly bridgework.

All three are worth watching. I'd give SR first priority, Pirates second, and X3 third.
And go see My Super Ex-Girlfriend, at least on a bargain showing. Although it's a comedy, the SFX of G-Girl in action are equal to the SFX in SR.

August 08, 2006 07:53AM
Definitely Superman Returns.
Pirates screamed sequel. X3 was okay but no great shakes. You won't miss anything if you rent it.

Remaining Momboto, as usual.

---------------------------------------------
Sic Biscuitus Disentegrat.
August 08, 2006 09:46AM
I personally hated X3, which surprised me becouse I loved the first two. It's definatly a rental. I havent seen pirates so sorry no opinion here. Superman returns was okay not great but still watchable and most importantly somewhat fun.
August 08, 2006 11:30AM
I'd go Superman Returns. I think if you liked the original '78 Superman, and simply want a better movie, it's the one.

I didn't hate X3, but it was by no means a good follow-up to X2. TOo much was attempted, and as much as I hate to say it, they really shouldn't have given Storm more lines.

I'd go Superman Returns over X3, simply because it is a better movie, and while both take great liberties, I think the characterization is more true in SR.

-Jack
August 08, 2006 04:31PM
superman good x3 bad

nuff said

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.