Expert Players Handbook?

Posted by Abulia 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Expert Players Handbook?
June 24, 2006 10:38AM
Hi, first post, long-time lurker.

A question on the "Expert Players Handbook" that's online...is there a list of changes made in that book?

I ask because I was more than a little surprised to see new ranks added (Fantastic, Spectacular, Wonderous) and fumble options. What else is in there?

While I'm at it, what about the "Expert UPB?" I'd be really nice to have a complete list of the changes in these books, otherwise I'm inclined to just stick with the "default" rules; I don't want to find out in the middle of the combat that my player's printout of their powers is totally different than the rulebook I have in front of me...

Thanks!
Re: Expert Players Handbook?
June 24, 2006 11:27AM
Those are some fan-expanded books that were done by David R. Paige--
one of our own on the Phorum's here.

There *is* a judges book that Auntie P hasn't uploaded yet... I have
a copy of that, because David is not online a whole lot--the most of
the 'changes' were the expansion of the ranks and such--there are copies
of the "Expert" PHB and UPB on the site here...

You can also IM me and I could help explain some of it....

Niniri

June 24, 2006 01:24PM
has anyone made an expanded chart (or even better a wheel) to take advatage of the new ranks?

"In brightest day, in blackest night,
A third less filling, Green Lantern Lite!"
June 24, 2006 02:16PM
The charts are on the back of the books--you can download them
from Other Stuff > Downloads > Netbooks & Enhancements.

Niniri

June 25, 2006 06:34PM
Hi Abulia,

the only changes I made in my PHB, UPB, and JHB (which i have designated with a "-X") is the addition of the 3 ranks. Therefor, all charts that have ranks have been updated accordingly. Beyond the expansion of the Ranks, the game mechanics have not been touched at all.

For further details on the PHB-X, UPB-X, and (one day) JHB-X, go to the Revamp section of the Forums and check out the thread "A new set of benchmarks". That has most of the discussion on what i did and my reasoning about the changes I made.

Since the JHB-X is still not posted, just send me a message and I can e-mail it to you. It's just under 5MB, so take that in consideration before e-mailing me.
June 25, 2006 09:12PM
Or I can email the Judges Book X to anyone if they PM me.

Niniri

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.