The high intelligence level of the members here...

Posted by Mark 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
The high intelligence level of the members here...
June 22, 2006 10:49PM
No, this isn't a sarcastic insult thread. :)
I've been visiting another forum about comics and superheroes. The adolescent bullsh*t that goes on over there is tiring.
This forum, www.classicmarvel.com, has the most intelligent comics fans I've found on the net. I mean, the difference between the level of conversation on the two boards is HUGE.
I'm not saying we don't joke around here, or get into arguments once in a while. But I'm proud of the average IQ on the classicmarvel.com forum. And though the other board has a lot more posting going on (which is why I visit), this here is the place I consider home.
Mark

"My parents went to The Secret Wars Battleworld and all I got was this lousy T-Shirt..."
Re: The high intelligence level of the members here...
June 23, 2006 04:58AM
Out of curiosity, what was the other board you went to?
June 23, 2006 05:50AM
Well, IQ isn't exactly a measure of how mature and sensible you are! Take me for example, the last time I had an IQ test it measured 144 on the brain fart scale :) but a fair number of my posts are very much tongue in cheek!

Afadhali kufa kuliko kuaibika
(Better dead than ashamed)
June 23, 2006 07:30AM
Silverback's IQ only 144? He's stoopid. Mine's twenty twenty. That makes me 400! Woot! LOL

I tend to agree with you guys on this one. I also find the conversations here to be very mature and (for the most part) calm. It makes it a pleasant place to visit during the day.
June 23, 2006 03:36PM
I agree its a great place,Its my relaxing time.Except for a few times most conversations on this board are great.Heres to my comicbook Brothers:!)-D(tu)(:!P)
June 23, 2006 04:50PM
I concur.

Another great place is Chuck Dixon's board over at Dixonverse.net. The topics are a bit more industry based and world news-like but the maturity level keeps me a regular visiter.
June 23, 2006 05:45PM
Me agree, we am much smart here. LOL.
June 23, 2006 08:41PM
halo68 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Me agree, we am much smart here. LOL.

Yeah, smart as*es, Halo! :)

And yes, maybe maturity or respect would have been a better word than intelligence. I guess it's a combination of several things here: Maturity, respect, appreciation of RPG and comics, knowledge, intelligence and, of course, fun!

As for DOC's question, I didn't put the name of the board in my post because I thought that might not be proper "n-etiquite" to "bad mouth" another forum on an open post. But I'll PM Doc. I hope I'm not being overly sensitive.
Anyone who's a regular poster here who's curious can PM me.
(I don't know what I mean by regular poster... I know who you are; all of you who've responded so far fit the bill... but for others, just as a rough guide, let's say you're around 100 "Number of Posts".)

"My parents went to The Secret Wars Battleworld and all I got was this lousy T-Shirt..."

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2006 08:46PM by Mark.
June 23, 2006 09:44PM
hey..what about your comics sisters?

Not all guys around here! (:!P)(:!P)(:!P)

Niniri

June 23, 2006 10:23PM
Yes Mark i am smart as(se). Is that right? All this talk of intelligence here and i'm asking for help with plain English, sheesh, what the hell do i think i'm doing. Anyhoo, no disrespect intended, i couldnt help myself from falling into a Bizarro-type comment.
June 24, 2006 01:16PM
I only came here cause I heard there was gonna be pie and punch.

DG X(

Marvel > DC
June 24, 2006 09:41PM
I came here b/c I heard there were strippers giving out free tacos.
June 24, 2006 10:19PM
I do like a good taco. And punch.

And Halo, when I said you were a smart a*s, I meant that as a compliment! I'm one too; That's why I put a smilie face after it!

Now, what about our family, like Niniri said... not just brothers, but brothers and sisters! (Although, I'm sad to say I've never met a female superhero fan in person...)

OK, everyone, group hug.

Mark

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2006 10:21PM by Mark.
June 25, 2006 12:10AM
Cool, we're all smart as(se). LOL. Ok, group hug as well. Now did somebody mention cake and punch??
warhammer
July 02, 2006 11:55PM
Thanx for the props, mark. I have always thought that the people here were very intelligent. Heck, some of them are ALMOST as smart as me! Silverback gets fairly close, and everyone knows that Dr. Archiville could teach Reed Richards a thing or to...lol:!)-DB!)-:.D
July 04, 2006 02:38PM
I vote Lord Sidious as president and powersurge as vice president.Now thats a ticket I would vote for but only if Warhammer could be defense secretary of war with a handle like warhammer that would be the job for him.:!)-D(:!P):D
July 04, 2006 03:58PM
woah

And here I was backing Doom/Luthor 2008 when i should have been running myself.

seriously thanks.

"No where to hide. No place to run. Your village will BURN like the heart of the SUN!" - Richard, Head warlock of the Brotherhood of Darkness, Lord of the 13 Hells, Master of the Bones, Emperor of the Black, Lord of the Undead, Lord of the Dance.
July 07, 2006 11:11PM
people handing out pie and punch..... = pub fight???

on a serios note thanks..... tis a great place to be.
July 08, 2006 11:38PM
I do like this forum.

I was going to add one to my site but then I thought, why bother? I couldn't build anything near the sheer goodnes of this community if I tried.

(generally being a jerk doesn't help either. heh.)

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.