Your Favorite villain

Posted by Galactus 1 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Your Favorite villain
May 20, 2006 10:55AM
(tu)Would be Galactus and a close second would be Thanos
Re: Your Favorite villain
May 20, 2006 11:37AM
Hmmmm...

I've found some to be more impressive than others, but I can't say I really have a favourite.

Terrax the Tamer was impressive. They should hav developed his tactical/ schemeing/intellectual side, rather than making him just another overweening goon. Afterall, he once ruled/tyranized an entire planet didn't he?! Anyway, cool villain.

You really can't beat Dark Phoenix as far as villains go. Afterall, it's Jean, but... not. But if you kill it, you kill her... and it doesn't really die, only Jean does. Very terrible.

I also really liked Proteus... short-lived though his villainous career was.

The Brood.

------------------------------------------------
Powersurge (history, pics) [www.classicmarvel.com]

Morningstar (campaign journal) [www.classicmarvel.com]

"You just decided *all by yourselves* that you are the Earth's protectors. And that you, and *only* you, not your teammates or family, are trustworthy enough to include in the process..."

T'Challa, The New Avengers: Illuminati 1
May 20, 2006 04:53PM
Yes Dark Phoenix would be in my top 5
Joe
May 20, 2006 07:19PM
I love Taskmaster & Super-Adaptoid.
May 20, 2006 10:21PM
I like the simple, straight forward attack type villains. Like Rhino, or Man-Bull, or Stilt-Man. I really liked some of the strange but simple bad guys offed by Scourge. Remember the Bar With No Name? Those guys are welcome in my campaign anytime. Comic book style bad guys who, in some cases, seem to have escaped from DC!
Anyway, I guess I like mostly low level villains, including street toughs and enforcers. But then again, I like street level to mid level games any how. None of my home-made characters could go up against Doctor Doom, never mind Galactus.
Mark

"My parents went to The Secret Wars Battleworld and all I got was this lousy T-Shirt..."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2006 10:24PM by Mark.
May 20, 2006 10:54PM
Powersurge, you beenr eading the last fewe ish's of Exiles? Proteus is alive and well in there (and it is 616 Proteus -- he got resurrected wehn Wanda re-set all reality).
May 21, 2006 08:40AM
No one really Dies except the first Captain Marvel.
May 21, 2006 09:55AM
Never say never that line used to read "no one ever stays dead except original captain marvell and bucky"
May 21, 2006 10:41AM
Well, technically, Proteus never really died to begin with. His energies were dispersed by Colossus, scattered around the world. Since energy can't be destroyed, Proteus has an effective immortality power. Now, was he able to act or think or anything normal? No. So in that sense, his essence scattering is like death, but always a chance for him to come back. Hell, in the early 90s there was Piecemeal that reformed Proteus into Proteus II.
May 23, 2006 09:29AM
err who is proteus guys
May 23, 2006 01:27PM
May 23, 2006 02:49PM
Thanks Dr pretty cool stuff
Tarrna
May 24, 2006 09:07AM
Dr. Doom.
May 24, 2006 09:13AM
good choice Tarrna(tu)
May 24, 2006 03:11PM
I always liked Baron Zemo myself... you can never go wrong with a nazi as a bad guy! he's a classic!

-Whatever is causing the Joan Collins 'tude, deal with it. Embrace the pain, spank your inner moppet, whatever, but get over it.
May 25, 2006 08:47PM
My favorite villain has to be Magneto,because he does not view himself a villain at all. but a the mutant race only hope and with that level hubris is can be damming.
May 25, 2006 11:05PM
I've always liked the Juggernaut. Not a master strategist by a longshot, but still a favorite. You've gotta like a guy who can take a beating and still come back for more.
Also two other favorites... Deathstroke and the Joker.
illmatic
May 26, 2006 02:11PM
The phrase used to be about bucky. Now he is live and well as the winter soldier. I remember a avengers/west coast avenger crossover annual where they had bucky as among the dead fighting the avengers due to the gamesmaster usurping Death's powers. Come to think of it they had the green goblin too. I wish that I ahd that ish to see how many "dead" villians ended up being ressurected.

THis person is not my fav villian , but has major impact on the marvel U to be only a c-list villian. Nitro the exploding man or whatever his name is not only led to the explosion of chemicals that led to capt marvel contracting cancer, he recently took part in a battle that resulted in death of hundreds of civilians, some ( if not all) the new warriors, and set the wheels turning for superhuman registration and civil war. Thats a big deal for a relatively unknown villian
May 27, 2006 04:00PM
If you're asking about my all time favorite villian, well, he's not in comix, as far as I know. Scorpius from the Farscape TV show truly takes the cake. Oh, sure, most minor heroes could probably mop the floor with his Scarran-hybrid hide, but villiany is more than power, it's all about the attitude. When running villians for my various campaigns, I try to model the voices, cadences, and mannerisms after various characters from TV and movies. I used the Scorpious persona for an original villian, Illuminatus. Ian McKellen is the quintessential Magneto (my vote for favorite comic villian). Brad Dourif makes for an excellent creepy villian; I used him for Muse, a mutant with Destiny-like powers.
And as dorky as this sounds, I try to use Pokemon's Team Rocket in every campaign. Jesse and James make perfect pathetic comic relief type villians.

Epyon
May 27, 2006 09:08PM
Kingpin.

No superhuman powers. But what a menace. What a presence. What a deadly opponent.

I don't think even Doom has the Kingpin's presence, because sometimes Doom's megalomaniacal diatribes are so over the top that they seem comical.

Also, think about what the Kingpin has done to Daredevil. He has done more psychological damage to Matt Murdock than just about any villain has done to any hero (the only person I can think of that came close is what Obadiah Stane did to Tony Stark).

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.