Secret Wars your Favorite Moment

Posted by Galactus 1 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Secret Wars your Favorite Moment
May 13, 2006 04:21PM
My favorite moment was issue 1,When the Molecule Man slamed Ultron into Galactus.And Galactus Levitated Ultron to eye level,Ultron told Galactus he would kill him slowly and less efficently for this indignity.Then Galactus sucked all of the energy out of Him and ultron fell with a klang to the floor.
Re: Secret Wars your Favorite Moment
May 13, 2006 07:25PM
Off the top of my head I liked when Dr. Doom reprogrammed Ultron to obey his commands. Pretty nice guy to take of things for you.
May 13, 2006 08:51PM
I wouldn't say it was my favourite moment, but I was quite impressed when Spidey fought his way through the X-Men.

Also, I really liked the entire mountain incident.

My least favourite moment? Colossus and his stupid love affair with the alien-hussy. I'm *so* glad Wolvie "had" Juggs kick Petey's armoured arse for that.

------------------------------------------------
Powersurge (history, pics) [www.classicmarvel.com]

Morningstar (campaign journal) [www.classicmarvel.com]

"You just decided *all by yourselves* that you are the Earth's protectors. And that you, and *only* you, not your teammates or family, are trustworthy enough to include in the process..."

T'Challa, The New Avengers: Illuminati 1
CrawlerFan99
May 14, 2006 01:14AM
I actually HATED when Spidey got the best of the X-Men. In other comic books, he's faught Nightcrawler to an alomst standstill and Wolverine later gave him a run for his money.

The Nightcrawler thing really bothered me because in their previous encounter in a Spidey comic, Spiderman marvels at how NIGHTCRAWLER is as fast and agile as he is, but here in the Secret Wars, Spidey says something like "not on your best day, pal," and webs him like he's some punk, leaving Kurt in awe.

As a matter of fact, I think all the X-Men sucked the big one in the secret wars. None of them were shown doing anything special (but in fact were portrayed as less than how they usually are), and were probably just included because the crossover thing "demanded" their presence in order to catch readers' attention.

Glad I got that off my chest.

As for a favorite part... I liked it when Doom absorbed Galactus' powers using Klaw... that guy is nuts.

What I never understood though was "how" Doom was able to steal the Beyonder's powers... it was shown quite clearly that he was being destroyed... anyone care to clear it up while we are on the subject?
May 14, 2006 02:49AM
I think you're right about the xmen sucking teabags in secret wars, with the exception of wolvie, he tried to gut Molecule man, that was funny.

spidey was super duper, he was beating on everyone

my favorite part was wolverine saying "he's the least of Us, I wont follow him" about cap

least fave was the forced "you're a defender i'm an attacker and we make a pretty good team thing"
May 14, 2006 01:38PM
Crawlerfan99 Galactus was able to absorb the Beyonders power by being very close to him.It was galactus science from the machine he uses to absorb the life energy of Worlds.As Doom was being dissected by the Beyonder the Galactus absorbing device was in his armour.And Doom reached out at the last moment and activated the energy absorbing device and the rest is History.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2006 01:44PM by Galactus 1.
Tarrna
May 14, 2006 06:04PM
There were lots of moments. My favorite is the various personalities on both sides meshing and clashing with their own teams! Different heroes and villains had different agendas.

For an action moment, the Human Touch using his nova flame to melt Ultron's circuits take the cake.
May 14, 2006 06:39PM
"Cyclops may be a jerk, but he's our jerk!"

DT Butchino | Writer, Illustrator, Designer | Hellfyre Studios
May 14, 2006 10:26PM
In all honesty, the best moment of the Secret Wars was when it was over.

The only thing worse then this series was Secret Wars II, "Omnipotence picks white jumpsuit". The only thing worse that SW II was the Spider-man Clone Saga.

Oh, wait, I know what was worse, the Batman/Spawn series. That was the new low in comic crossover/team-ups. Reading Batman/Spawn makes the Secret War stories look like Dickens or Hemingway.
May 15, 2006 06:08AM
davidrpaige Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The
> only thing worse that SW II was the Spider-man
> Clone Saga.

Hey buddy, I resemble that remark :D

>
> Oh, wait, I know what was worse, the Batman/Spawn
> series. That was the new low in comic
> crossover/team-ups. Reading Batman/Spawn makes
> the Secret War stories look like Dickens or
> Hemingway.

Now that, I would have to agree with. One of the reasons I wear glasses now.

Skarlett da Blurry Visioned Spyder

________________________________________________________________________________
"All who wander are not lost." J.R.R. Tolkein

"History and experience have taught us that the oldest among our kind invariably prove the most formidable." Sage, X-Treme X-Men #43

"You leap like a hyena in heat!!" Conan to Wolverine, What If...? #16

"Useless, all useless...I was once a MAN!!" Cobra Commander, G.I. Joe the Movie
May 16, 2006 08:37PM
Hey Man
SPidey was in the Black Suit which means that all his powers were way up. So it's no wonder that he was faster, stronger, and more agile than before.
Go Alien Symbote, to bad it makes you into a psycho.
BuckyWinter
May 17, 2006 07:22PM
spidey didn't do much of anything in the black suit. all his crappy uberness was in the red and blue threads

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.