Potential online game. Seeking interested individuals.

Posted by Robert 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Potential online game. Seeking interested individuals.
May 10, 2006 09:21PM
I think I will give it a go at GMing/Judging. What I would like, ideally, is to find four players, with at least one of those players having experience playing MSH to be an "assistant", to start an online game of MSH. My format is undecided, but right now I'm limited to either play by post or a live game over Yahoo messenger. (If anyone could come up with a better, easier, FREE, RPG specialized, format to use, I'd be more than open to suggestions.)

I would prefer to brainstorm ideas, get to know each other, and set things up in a way that everyone is comfortable with first, rather than just jumping into a game that might grow stale fast. I also wouldn't mind play testing a few things at first just to see how the combat mechanics will work online. Since I'm a new GM, I'd be very open to suggestions from the players who have experience playing online on ways to improve the overall gaming experience, house rules, etc. Basically, I'm looking for people who wouldn't mind taking a little time to set things up for a potential enjoyable, long-term, campaign.

The setting I have in mind is an "idealized" Marvel Universe with continuity being roughly equivalent to late 1970's to mid 1980's Marvel Comics, with some additions and subtractions here and there. I'd be going for the "feel" of comics like the X-Men, FF, Thor, Daredevil etc, of that period. Let me make it clear that the world will be set in the present day, however the character continuity will not look anything like what's going on at Marvel now. If you're familiar with Byrne's FF, Simonson's Thor, Miller's Daredevil, etc, you'll get what I'm talking about. If not, fear not; I have all the Deluxe Edition Handbooks. ;)

The basic concept is that the four players will start out as a new team called "The New Defenders" formed and mentored by Doctor Strange, with the heroes being stationed, of course, in good old Marvel Manhattan. (Yeah, I posted this a long time ago once.) We would use the "Character Point System" featured on this site as to allow the players to create the exact characters that they want to play. I think I will go with a 400 CP creation since I envision the team being about as powerful as the Fantastic Four or four notable Avengers.

If anyone is interested reply here, or feel free to email me at brannon1977@peoplepc.com. Thanks.
Re: Potential online game. Seeking interested individuals.
May 16, 2006 08:17PM
Just wanted to say that if anyone reads this with peaked interest, that I've decided on a message board format of gameplay for the time being. There is still the possibility to move to real time, however.
May 16, 2006 09:02PM
I am interested in joining your game, I like the concept. are there any particular type of characters that you are looking for?

email me with the specifics please.

Thank you.
May 17, 2006 02:52PM
Hey, I'm up for a game myself, and could help out if need be. PM me here or emai me to talk.

Skarlett da Interested Spyder

________________________________________________________________________________
"All who wander are not lost." J.R.R. Tolkein

"History and experience have taught us that the oldest among our kind invariably prove the most formidable." Sage, X-Treme X-Men #43

"You leap like a hyena in heat!!" Conan to Wolverine, What If...? #16

"Useless, all useless...I was once a MAN!!" Cobra Commander, G.I. Joe the Movie
May 17, 2006 03:32PM
I could be interested... Most of the games I encounter are high school-based and I'm a bit fed up with that... a REAL superteam composed of adult character would be great! and the 70s-80s feel would be great!

-Whatever is causing the Joan Collins 'tude, deal with it. Embrace the pain, spank your inner moppet, whatever, but get over it.
May 17, 2006 09:31PM
Nice to see even more interest. I have two players that are in so far and I see no problem in adding around four more. I already have the board up, though it's not finished, but I certainly should have it all done by Friday. I'll be posting a ton of game material on said board as well.

Looks like I'll be getting off work early tomorrow, so I'll email all those that asked tomorrow evening sometime with the details I emailed the first two players. Things are still in the planning stages, but I have a good idea of how I want to start the campaign. Feel free to email me at: brannon1977@peoplepc.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2006 09:32PM by Robert.
May 17, 2006 10:47PM
Congratulatoins on getting the ball rolling, Robert. My time has not been my own lately; I can be online twice a day, or offline for two or three days. But I was tempted!
So let me ask this: will spectators, like your friends here at www.classicmarvel.com forum, be allowed? We'd be quiet...
Mark

"My parents went to The Secret Wars Battleworld and all I got was this lousy T-Shirt..."
May 18, 2006 05:06AM
Sure. I didn't plan on making the board private or anything. If it takes off, I'm sure there would be the possibility of multiple GM's and campaigns down the road. The gist of my Marvel U is that it's "idealized" as to represent all the major characters in their most popular eras. With that motif in mind, I see no real limit to campaign possibilities.

When I get the board finished, I'll post the link here so anyone can check it out if they want. I'll put it in my sig, too.
Arelius
May 20, 2006 01:17AM
Hey
Well there is an online application called Openrpg. Its chat based but has dice rollers and map aps. I would be game if you did your game via Openrpg or some sort of chat program. Just drop me a line if you would like another player. Email: Arelius111@yahoo.com
Joe
May 20, 2006 11:19AM
Can we use Character Quirks? And how does taking limitions affect our use of character points?

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.