RPoL?

Posted by destiny 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
RPoL?
May 09, 2006 05:51PM
anyone know the website rpol.net? It's specially designed to host online RPGs...

I'Ve been a member for a couple years and I'm currently in a few games (most MSH), but for the last few days, I haven't been able to get there, it gives me the "file not found" treatment...

and so does the original mirror, www.rpol.net and the new beta site, beta.rpol.net

what's going on?

-Whatever is causing the Joan Collins 'tude, deal with it. Embrace the pain, spank your inner moppet, whatever, but get over it.
Re: RPoL?
May 09, 2006 07:59PM
It went down sometime Sunday, and hasn't been up since. No one knows why. Unless one has jase's personal email, looks like we all will just have to sit tight and see if it comes back up, if it does..

Skarlett da Waitin' Spyder

________________________________________________________________________________
"All who wander are not lost." J.R.R. Tolkein

"History and experience have taught us that the oldest among our kind invariably prove the most formidable." Sage, X-Treme X-Men #43

"You leap like a hyena in heat!!" Conan to Wolverine, What If...? #16

"Useless, all useless...I was once a MAN!!" Cobra Commander, G.I. Joe the Movie
May 11, 2006 10:45PM
from what I can see the domain name has not expired so the licence is paid up till. 31-aug-2006

It may have to do with the hosting service.

I have proformed a whois check on the domain and I have contacted the listed admin / owner contact to inform them that their site is down.

I left my contact details and hopefully the administrator will contact me with reasons. I don't use the site but I hope this helps.

The whois search for this registrar of this domain name is:

[www.planetdomain.com]

I wont post the persons details here as I am sure that the user would not want it.

regards

Fangs
>>| |-- ::!o --||<<
"Yes it the Game has bugs"
"I like mine squished"
"Bon Appetite!"
May 12, 2006 03:22PM
Thanks Fangs.

There is finally an explanation which can be seen here:

[rpol.net]

Skarlett da P.O.ed Spyder

________________________________________________________________________________

"History and experience have taught us that the oldest among our kind invariably prove the most formidable." Sage, X-Treme X-Men #43

CWilliamRussette
May 16, 2006 05:01PM
This is rather irritating. I would be rather interested in jumping into an online rpg.

Blast it.
May 17, 2006 03:37PM
well, from the way things are going, it should be back online by the weekend... So I'll finally be able to go back to my games!

-Whatever is causing the Joan Collins 'tude, deal with it. Embrace the pain, spank your inner moppet, whatever, but get over it.
May 18, 2006 05:50AM
In case you didn't notice, Rpol went live yester evening...

Man, I don't want to have to live through that again, it was like I was going through withdrawl::!o

Skarlett da RP Addicted Spyder

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.