New York, New York

Posted by Silverback 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
New York, New York
April 23, 2006 07:57AM
The New York, New York, box set has been scanned (Shadow Viper) and is currently undergoing OCR production (Silverback) for release to the community. This will obviously take a little time but will be worth it in the end!

Another PDF project brought to you by Shadow Viper and Silverback!

Afadhali kufa kuliko kuaibika
(Better dead than ashamed)
Re: New York, New York
April 23, 2006 10:12AM
yahhh! thats great.

On a side note anyone got the webs, x-forces and avengers slim boxes that came out near the end of classics life?
April 25, 2006 01:04AM
I have Webs, but no time. (See Lands of Dr. Doom thread.)
April 25, 2006 11:54AM
I've got the Lands of Doom and Webs too. Webs is a waste of time to scan, it was a real pathetic effort from TSR. The Character Stat book was the only useful thing and it really had no new character except like the White Rabbit. I mean, who cares about the White Rabbit. Beyond that, it was just a rehash product.

If there was a focus, I would like to see the Doom box set OCR scanned.
April 25, 2006 02:31PM
Eventually, I plan to get both the Lands of Dr. Doom & Webs scanned, but it may take awhile...

I've got the books, maps, etc in mint condition- but I only have access to a scanner when I'm visiting in the US (I live in Europe). I know Gerrod has a scanner & lives across town, but I also know he's a really busy family man, so we've never been able to make the connection.

Patience, patience- it'll all come around sooner or later.

& oh yeah btw... I'd scan Webs just for completion's sake, and the map can be pretty useful too (even if it doesn't fit with any of the other TSR maps...).

And since this is all a labor of love... :D

Dohiyi,

April 25, 2006 02:53PM
Man could I use this right now for something I'm writing. Bit of fanfiction.

Should be fun.

There an ETA on this?
April 28, 2006 07:14AM
Yes . . . the ETA is . . . sometime in the future!

April 28, 2006 05:37PM
Silverback Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes . . . the ETA is . . . sometime in the future!

I shall mark that on my calendar. Oh, and thanks to you two for doing it!

"My parents went to The Secret Wars Battleworld and all I got was this lousy T-Shirt..."
April 29, 2006 09:43AM
Is New York, New York still useful when you already have the Deluxe City Campaign Set?
April 29, 2006 08:54PM
Most definitely.

May 02, 2006 06:36AM
The text content of the Adventure Book is now complete.

May 17, 2006 12:43AM
The combined Adventure Book and Roster Book have been e-mailed to Auntie P.

May 17, 2006 04:26AM
The Map that went along with this IS scanned as well, but it's probably going to take a bit of work to get it to a more reasonable size. The raw scans themselves (high-quality, 300dpi) amount to over 70MB, ZIPPED. That's a tad large, especially considering that they aren't even pieced together... No worries though folks, it'll get done sooner or later ;)

For what it's worth, the encounter wheel which was also part of this accessory is already online, and has been for quite some time (even though some folks who dl'd it & reposted it to other sites & groups- without giving credit to Silverback for his Amazing work on the graphics design, I might add- had no freakin' clue what it was even used for...). If you're wondering, it's the wheel which resembles Cap's shield.

We'll keep ya updated on the map & such.

Have a good one,

May 17, 2006 08:01AM
For some reason his e-mail bounced the file straight back to me!

May 22, 2006 08:32AM
This file was sent to Auntie P via an alternate e-mail address (thanks to ThatArtGuy) a few days ago. As it's not bounced back i'm assuming that the file is nos safely in his hands, or in his inbox at least.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/2006 08:33AM by Silverback.
May 22, 2006 04:02PM
Have you checked your gmail lately, Aunt P.?

I know I sent him a 150dpi scan of the basic set map a month or two ago (not my scan). He's been revamping the download page (or something to that effect) so it hasn't shown up yet either.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/2006 04:05PM by ThatArtGuy.
FNG
June 05, 2006 09:05AM
so what happened?

Any chance it can be posted elsewhere?

FNG
June 05, 2006 02:36PM
We're waiting for Auntie P to upload it. I'm assuming that he's either not picked up his mail yet or real life is fetting in the way.

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.