Who can defeat the Juggernaut?

Posted by Tarrna 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Who can defeat the Juggernaut?
April 12, 2006 05:53AM
WHen i stated hearing impared I meant to say deaf or near deaf. I big think helmet with out ear wholes (that i can see) would act as ear plus, at least in some fashion.
April 12, 2006 08:34AM
Hi, All:

Having just scoped out Juggy's stats, I can definitely say that Professor X could do it, as could Dr. Strange. The description didn't say whether or not Juggernaut's CL3000 forcefield is up continuosly. So, it might be possible to catch him unawares while the field is down.
Other than that, no one less powerful than Galactus could do it.

Mike Garrity
Epyon
April 12, 2006 09:38AM
Junderway, I didn't ignore your points. I disagreed with them. You seem to think they are one and the same. They are not.

With respect to ear plugs, see Joe's comments. And by the way, just because you're wearing a helmet made of high tensile strength materials doesn't mean it's soundproof. As you pointed out, Juggernaut's helmet was not designed to cut off sound. It was designed to protect him from mental attacks. Just because I'm wearing a bucket made of adamantium on my head does not mean it is sound proof, or even sound resistant.

You still haven't explained why you think Star Trek science applies to Iron Man. As I've said, I've seen Iron Man fly around while using his tractor beam, and even swing objects he's locked onto with his tractor beam around. There is no evidence that he "anchors" himself, as you say, to whatever he's locked onto with his tractor beam.

Dude, I don't know if you've tried timing it, but it does not take a couple of second to throw a tennis ball. I mean, if you're talking about a major league baseball pitcher's wind-up, sure. But I'm talking about grabbing a tennis ball and flicking it with your wrist. It does NOT take me several seconds to do that. If I could lift 85+ tons, I could shove a 1,000 pound object or person in an instant.

Joe, I think Molecule Man could defeat the Juggernaut pretty easily. Can't he control all molecules, organic an inorganic? I mean, he could just turn Juggernaut into stone.
April 12, 2006 01:09PM
Or turn the air around Juggy into Adamantium.

Or the ground beneath him into air.
April 12, 2006 01:16PM
As for the sonics thing -- a focused sonic blast is as different from noise as a laser is different from the ambient light in a room. One is a focused thing, the other is not. Similar, but not the same -- sunscreen'll protect you from tanning, but not lasers; earplugs will protect you from loud noise, but not the impactof a sonic beam.

And a sonic blast designed to deafen rather than damamge should be able to affect anyone regardless of amror or force fields, unless said armor/ff is made to be effective against sensory overloading effects. To my knowledge, Juggy's never shown any resistance to sensory attacks, so Banshee should be able to temporarily stun him with a sonic shriek (just like Nimrod did), just like Jubilee's been able to blind him with her fireworks.

There're so many ways to take out the Juggernaut, it's silly.
April 12, 2006 01:54PM
Juggernauts power is vast but mostly falls in the realm of the physical.Strength and resistance to Injury and unstopable object when he moves.The Molecule Man would Eat him for lunch,he can be taken done he is not totaly unstopable

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2006 01:56PM by Galactus 1.
April 12, 2006 02:52PM
Both banshee and siryn have hit him with their blast and it didnt even phase him.
mosaic35
April 12, 2006 06:16PM
Chuck Norris.Chuck Norris does not sleep...he waits.Chuck Norris does not go hunting that would mean his prey would have a chance of living,he goes killing.and the list goes on
Epyon
April 12, 2006 06:46PM
Banshee and Siryn were using their sonic powers for concussive impact, not sensory overload. That's why they had no effect on Marko.
Joe
April 12, 2006 07:04PM
I think that would be a great fight to see. I think Juggernaut would just get ticked or board and just throw him a few miles away. But what if Juggernaut was hired to kill Madcap? And he could only collect when he brought the corpse. Even if he killed him, would that stop Madcap?
Joe
April 12, 2006 07:07PM
What about Kurse? That would be a great fight to see. Imagine the damage done to the city it took place in.
April 12, 2006 07:10PM
Epyon Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Banshee and Siryn were using their sonic powers
> for concussive impact, not sensory overload.
> That's why they had no effect on Marko.

Do you know that for a fact or are you just saying that to fit your mold? Generially both there attacks are sensoring attacks and its made very clear they make a lot of noise when they scream.
Epyon
April 12, 2006 07:10PM
Wow. Well, let's see. Kurse was about twice as strong as Thor when the Beyonder created him, and then the Beyonder further increased his strength to unknown levels. He could probably lift at least something like 350 tons. I would say he might actually be able to cause Juggs some serious damage. Also, Kurse is all but impervious to injury. It took the combined power of all the magical power Mjolnir and Stormbreaker (Thor's and Beta Ray Bill's hammers) had to defeat Kurse--and the effort totally drained the hammers of their power. I would say Kurse would probably be able to beat Juggernaut.
Joe
April 12, 2006 07:53PM
I agree. Even when they are using there attacks as force attack, there is always the side effect of the extreme sound.
Joe
April 12, 2006 07:59PM
If I remember correctly, Kurse was give double Thor's Class 100 Strength. That would be at least 200 tons. Then Thor put on his belt of strength, doubling his own strength and making it an even fight. Then the Beyonder doubled Kurse's strength again. That would be at least 400 tons. His strength is listed at Shift Y on this site. He would not make it through Juggernauts Force Field, but he would get through his Un body armor.
Joe
April 12, 2006 08:00PM
I still think Super-Adaptoid would be your best bet.
April 12, 2006 08:15PM
Joe Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> But what if
> Juggernaut was hired to kill Madcap? And he could
> only collect when he brought the corpse. Even if
> he killed him, would that stop Madcap?

No, Madcap's come back from death many times. Daredevil once heard him be beat to death -- head his heart stop -- but then his Regeneration resurrected him.
Joe
April 12, 2006 08:53PM
How has Rogue faired against Juggernaut in the past? I would think that she could do pretty good if she could absorb his strength.
April 12, 2006 09:20PM
I recall her trying that tactic in the cartoon series. Her mind overloaded due to too much power, and she collapsed. :)
April 13, 2006 04:58AM
Juggy's Strength & Invulnerability & et cetera are all magical, so I don't think Rogue can absorb 'em.

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.