Going offline?

Posted by Dr Archeville 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Going offline?
March 22, 2006 04:29PM
My payday is Friday.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2006 04:31PM by Secret Defender.
March 22, 2006 08:40PM
ditto, i'll send some money your way then.

"No where to hide. No place to run. Your village will BURN like the heart of the SUN!" - Richard, Head warlock of the Brotherhood of Darkness, Lord of the 13 Hells, Master of the Bones, Emperor of the Black, Lord of the Undead, Lord of the Dance.
March 23, 2006 08:38AM
I'll be dipped in $#!% if I have the power to save this site and just let it slip away! Not when I've found such a wonderful forum for characters (and my sketches, coming soon) and other brain droppings amongst a great online group. We gamers need a place like this to go! Aunt Petunia, we love you! My donation is on its way!

Bk Ray
March 23, 2006 09:09AM
Count me in
Ajax
March 23, 2006 12:07PM
I AM SPARTACUS!!!
Re: Going offline? Not if I can help it!
March 23, 2006 08:25PM
DAMMIT!
That's what I get for skipping the intro page and going straight to the Discussions board.
Okay, I'm PayPal'ing you $20 right now and I'll have another $30 for you next week.

Re: Going offline? Not if I can help it!
March 23, 2006 08:42PM
I don't get paid until 3/31, but as soon as I do, I will paypal you some right away.
I truly love this site, and I use it quite often.
Passing the hat
March 23, 2006 08:45PM
Yeah, we had a Crisis of Finite Finances! a couple years ago. We passed the hat and managed such overkill as to underwrite this site a couple years.
So let's just do it again.
I've already sent Auntie $20 with more to come. If everyone can send in at least five dollars, the Crisis of Finite Finances! should come out okay.

Re: Passing the hat
March 23, 2006 09:04PM
this was all caused by Superboy-prime pounding on the walls of reality.

curse him!

"No where to hide. No place to run. Your village will BURN like the heart of the SUN!" - Richard, Head warlock of the Brotherhood of Darkness, Lord of the 13 Hells, Master of the Bones, Emperor of the Black, Lord of the Undead, Lord of the Dance.
March 23, 2006 09:23PM
I'll be sending in $25. It's all I've made (thus far) from the sale of my Growing Up Super articles. Seems only right ;)
Possible webhost to relocate to
March 23, 2006 10:04PM
Has anyone heard of globat.com ?

Even at it's cheapest package, they give out 300GB bandwidth a month, 25GB webspace (though to be fair, they frown on uploading files larger than 10MB in size) with a cost of like $5.95 a month (not including setup fee, plus any extras you might want to buy).

[www.globat.com]

I'm currently using it myself, though obviously my site isn't, and will never be as large as this one.

--Sera :)
March 23, 2006 11:13PM
I've always said I'd be happy if I was one-tenth the writer David E. Martin is. I'll get there. Still, I've now sent my contribution, and, as it turns out, it's exactly one-tenth of the $50 David is sending. So, at least I am one-tenth the something he is.

It makes me feel good to see the support this site is getting, from regulars who like the site and are putting their money where their mouth is to "lurkers" who just like reading the posts and help account for the two or three hundred views some posts get. Gamers are a different kind of people; like loners (some of us) who get along great with others. I don't mean to sound mushy, but this really seems like a community right now.
MARK

"My parents went to The Secret Wars Battleworld and all I got was this lousy T-Shirt..."
March 23, 2006 11:48PM
Don't belittle your contribution, Mark...every bit helps...and even just $5 each from lots of people quickly adds up...

And Dave...he's, well, Super Dave!! :D
warhammer
Re: Going offline?, Hey Auntie P! need snailmail for money order
March 24, 2006 12:29AM
hey Auntie P.

I haven't been here lately, had puter problems, but i could send 5 or 10 dollers to keep the site up. but i do not have a paypal account, so if you could email me your snailmail addy, i could send u a money order. I am not sure the annual fee would work out well with the open door policy toward fellow gamers which has prevaled throughout my stint of readership here. would that mean that only members would be able to access the site, or post. this could limit soem traffic and posts from new fellow gameers which find there way here in the future. I think that an annual fundraiser would be more appropriate with the spirit of the site, and believe that with the respect and admiration shown by my fellow rpg'ing brethren here, that should be no problem. Maybe we could set up a certain date by which we could send our annual contributions with reminders and updates as to funds raised so far, as the date approaches.

Just some thoughts. And i want you to know that i really appriciate the time and effort you have expended in keeping this most excellent site/resourse/forum open. there are to few sites deticated to the greatest superhero game ever created.(with a few tweaks here and there, of course! lol)
Re: Passing the hat
March 24, 2006 05:44AM
Well...I've just pay-pal'd $30 US over. I've got a chum who doesn't *have* Paypal,
but she uses the site alot, too... being a fellow Marvelite, I said "sure, I'll send
it along..." so she chipped in half what I'm tossing in the hat!

Niniri

March 24, 2006 06:35AM
Being unemployed AND buying up old magazines for superhero rpg articles for my website I can only offer my OCR and graphics services. This worked out okay before with the resulting banners on the top of the pages plus some neat downloads myself and Shadow Viper worked on.

Afadhali kufa kuliko kuaibika
(Better dead than ashamed)
March 24, 2006 07:44AM
I too am more than happy to pony up, I don,t use pay pal but any other way I can I will. I can wire money or use something like western union. Auntie P let us know how to get you the funds you need.
March 24, 2006 10:21AM
I may not be able to give much ... but I'll try and drop something in the Paypal hat next week :) It'd be a damn shame to lose such an awesome site :)

DT Butchino | Writer, Illustrator, Designer | Hellfyre Studios
March 24, 2006 04:24PM
I just sent you some funds. Never , ever hesitate to ask again.
FEEL THE LOVE!!!!!!!!!
March 25, 2006 07:51PM
Auntie P cries out in sadness and we answer!
Even a single dollar is fine (especially if enought folks send in #1 each!).
And for those currently unable to help, there's always later in the year when your wallet is back on its feet.

"Just remember, for every donation of $50 to this, your ClassicMarvel station, we'll send you this fine reproduction of Ben Grimm in the nude.
"What? We had to cancel the Thing pinups? Well thanks for telling me before I went on camera....
"Oh, they were scaring people AWAY from donating, huh? Well, what do we have?
"Ahem... For every donation of $50 to this, your ClassicMarvel station, we'll send you this fine reproduction of Sue Richards in the nude.
"Hey, what gives, this is a photo of an empty bedroom!"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2006 07:53PM by DavidEMartin.

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.