Doom versus DC

Posted by C William Russette 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Doom versus DC
March 12, 2006 08:08AM
Now, before I am attacked by the DC maniacs, I know some about DC but I'm more of a Marvel zombie. That being said...

Dr. Doom, with whatever resources he can carry and his bank card, enters the DC universe without anyone the wiser. He wants to get all tyranical on DC's earth (the main one).

Who could really stop him?

Excluding Darkseid and anyone off world except maybe the current GL.

Luthor or the Batman might be smart enough?

I don't really know this Mr. Terrific cat.

The Question?

I doubt Superman is bright enough.

(if something along these lines happened in JLA/Avengers I didn't read it)

How bout it, lads. theorize...
Re: Doom versus DC
March 12, 2006 09:22AM
... As things stand, it would probably rapidly become Doom vs. the Secret Society of Supervillains. Which has potential.

-Wal

Surrender? What? You think this letter on my head stands for FRANCE?
March 12, 2006 09:33AM
Mr. Terrific (Wikipedia is your friend)

Which Doom? The one we've all known and loved for decades (Classic Doom), or the newer "magicks on par with Dr. Strange, and I'm wearing the skin of my dead lover as armor" demonologist Doom (New Doom)?

Superman could take Classic Doom -- Thing's beat Doom before, and he ain't that bright (and Supes is brighter than most seem to give him credit for -- he does work as an investigative journalist, a job that does take some brains, and he did build his Superman robots all by himself). New Doom, Supes'd be schooled in moments.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2006 09:38AM by Dr Archeville.
March 12, 2006 12:30PM
doom would best have his purpose served by working behind the scenes much like Alex luthor is.

manipulating people and causing events that would have no tie to him.

in this regard he would be much like Ra's and i feel sooner or later Batman would become involved. This would be a great story if handled right, perhapes even a year long subplot running throughout the entire DCU.

"No where to hide. No place to run. Your village will BURN like the heart of the SUN!" - Richard, Head warlock of the Brotherhood of Darkness, Lord of the 13 Hells, Master of the Bones, Emperor of the Black, Lord of the Undead, Lord of the Dance.
March 12, 2006 01:27PM
B!)- That would make a great story indeed,Dr Doom unleashed on DC universe I like the Idea.I belive Superman would stop him, he always stops Lex even though he is a genius and a very rich Man.(tu)
March 12, 2006 01:46PM
Lord_Sidious Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> doom would best have his purpose served by working
> behind the scenes much like Alex luthor is.
>
> manipulating people and causing events that would
> have no tie to him.
>
> in this regard he would be much like Ra's and i
> feel sooner or later Batman would become involved.
> This would be a great story if handled right,
> perhapes even a year long subplot running
> throughout the entire DCU.
>
> From a desk at Miskatonic University, Home of the
> fighting Encephlopods, "GO PODS!"

Another reason why DC should buyout marvel (:!P)
March 12, 2006 01:54PM
Depends on if Doom has the resources of his nation or not. if it's doom by his lonesome, he has a serious uphill climb. If it's Doom, plus the nation of Latveria, well, even Lex Luthor can't claim having the resources of an indepentant nation with ties to the EU and diplomats representing his own personal interests at the UN.

March 12, 2006 01:54PM
Why should they do that, DC sucks.
March 12, 2006 02:31PM
Boy is this not going the way I intended. I am not interested in which sucks and which doesn't. No two people are going to give the same answer anyway.

Besides, I think DC is selling more product than Marvel at the moment.

I think overall DC has better stories presently but I prefer Marvel characters over all.

I didn't know Doom was so amped up with magic now. Well it is different, I do advocate a change from the norm.

I don't think Supers is a doofus by any means but I think Doom is rather out of his league for plotting etc etc.
March 12, 2006 02:49PM

In the first Secret Wars Doom stoled the power of the Beyonder despite being far from his resource base.

I see Doom amping himself with the power of Superman and then Batman and Luthor having to team up to bring him down and send him back. Perhaps with Mephistoes aid?

Or not.
March 12, 2006 04:07PM
Even the original Doom had some serious magical talents and that "Mind transferral" thing. Imagine if Doom mind-swapped into Superman's body. He'd have the strength and power of Superman and his own Genius. He'd be unstoppable and would be able to go through the Justice League like wet tissue paper.
Dor
March 12, 2006 04:27PM
Yeah, Doom had a fair amount of magical training in his youth, as I understand it.

So, personally, I think that while Superman might be smart and/or strong enough, that between all his resources and his magical abilities, he could bring Superman down. (Of course, if they did it and want Doom to win, Kryptonite could come into play and give Superman no chance by himself.)

By that same account, if he used the Mind Transferral, I would think that Superman would be able to figure out that he could use magic, and be able to take Doom in his own body.

Batman would probably be harder...
March 12, 2006 04:52PM
now what if Doom took that warship of his from counter-earth and decided to explore (conquor) another planet in the multi-verse?

as i recall that ship had enough to hold an army inside it, enough weapons to fry a small country, and all the resources he needed to plot to conquor counter-earth.

through some stealth shields on it (which i'm sure it already has) and he's got an undetectable battle wagon that could spell doom for anyone.

I'm starting to like this idea the more i flesh it out. *EG* where are my players and what are they doing next weekend? hmmm....

"No where to hide. No place to run. Your village will BURN like the heart of the SUN!" - Richard, Head warlock of the Brotherhood of Darkness, Lord of the 13 Hells, Master of the Bones, Emperor of the Black, Lord of the Undead, Lord of the Dance.
March 13, 2006 02:48AM
capocastillo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why should they do that, DC sucks.

That was only a joke. We need DC vs Marvel so the companies keep pushing themselves.

I think marvel of old had the edge with theyre character driven storylines but IMHO DC caught up pretty good with those.

I still like my Marvel titles but Im actually enjoying DC more the lat few years.
March 13, 2006 05:06PM
But remember what resources Doom did have. he found the base of the supervillains before anyone else, and subverted ultron to his control. Doom had all of the resources of the super sofisticated headquarters that the Beyonder provided for all three factions [Heroes, villains, mutants].

So maybe Doom didn't have Latveria during Secret Wars, he also had some mad technology at his fingertips. in the DCU Doom wouldn't have the same advantage. but Doom is cagey and will eventually find a path to some sort of advantage if not outright supremecy. If anyone knows how to play his cards right, it's Victor Von Doom.
March 13, 2006 07:11PM
Just imagine what Doom could do with Apokoliptic/New Genesis tech....
March 13, 2006 08:04PM
That is a rather terrifying thought. Would he be able to comprehend it and utilize it? Is he cagey enough to steel it from under Darkseid? That would be an interesting 4 issue prologue to Doom takes over the Dc Universe.
March 13, 2006 09:06PM
I'm sure he could udnerstand it -- there's not been any tech I can think of Doom's not been able to figure out.
Besides, it's Kirby-tech, which Doom's good at usin' ;)

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.