Super hero's who personality and powers seem like odd matches

Posted by Taarna 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Taarna
Super hero's who personality and powers seem like odd matches
March 06, 2006 07:49PM
Any examples? I always thought the Beast was kind of strange. Here we have a scientist / book worm with blue fur, and amazing agility. And odd mix.
Re: Super hero's who personality and powers seem like odd matches
March 06, 2006 08:04PM
That is actually the irony of the beast. A brillant scientist turned into a horribel looking Beast. I'd rather see something like that which is more like real life then a flat character like Wolverine.

Taarna
March 07, 2006 07:39AM
I suppose the Beast turning into a giant Blue like Ape is ironic. I just found it odd for a hero like this to be quoting Shakespeare. When you think of the name the Beast, I don't think of a kind scientist. I dunno. Maybe it's just me.

As for Wolverine, now there is a guy whose powers, hero name and personality match.
March 07, 2006 08:23AM
Gambit. He's a sneaky thief who can make a loud bang.

Champion of the Universe. He wants to be the greatest melee fighter but he does not have any of the fighting skill powers, like Martial Supremacy.
Re: Druid in the big city
March 07, 2006 09:14AM
Fun question.
I'll say, off the top of my head, the latest incarnation of Dr. Druid that I'm familiar with really seems to have no affection for, or interest in, nature. In fact, I think he lives/lived in Manhatten. I know nature is all around us, but jeez, I'd like to see the guy in a forest once in a while!
Mark

"My parents went to The Secret Wars Battleworld and all I got was this lousy T-Shirt..."
March 07, 2006 09:19AM

Hmmm, well, if the Beast qualifies then the German who is a devout Catholic who is demonic in appearance. He's a bundle of contradictions. Man, I used to like Nightcrawler, now I can only "pray for him" 8-) .
March 07, 2006 09:53AM
Not to mention the guy with angel wings and healing blood who happens to also be hugely arrogant. And hugely altruistic, but that tends to get overshadowed by his arrogance.

Iceman - The friendly under-achiver with near-godlike cold powers.

-Wal

Surrender? What? You think this letter on my head stands for FRANCE?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2006 09:54AM by Wallace.
March 07, 2006 01:09PM
Iceman - he's a young hotheaded type? Always seemd like a contradiction in terms to me. Someone named iceman you'd think would be calm, cool, collected while under pressure. But not so for good Mr. Drake.
Taarna
March 07, 2006 01:14PM
Yeah. Druid in a cement city! Funny stuff.
March 08, 2006 05:59PM
:) Speed Ball just never looked right to me,and powerpack always seemed to stupid to belive.

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.