Battle to the Death Hulk or Thor

Posted by Galactus 1 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Battle to the Death Hulk or Thor
December 31, 2007 08:38PM
I'm a Hulk fan, but, just as with Thor versus Doomsday, I have to say that Thor has been fighting Frost Giants and Rock Trolls since he was a kid. No problem to handle our big green friend.

It's time for Hulk to learn the difference between a God and a man altered by Gamma Radiation. ;-)

TLD
December 31, 2007 08:42PM
Well there are some mortals who started out as mere humans and achieved godly status or at least godlike power. Futurian, Alpha the Ultimate Mutant, Owen Reese, High Evolutionary, and others (Hercules qualifies as he didn't begin as a true god he was elevated to that status by Zeus), although admittedly Thor's got much more experience with using his powers in combat and has been tapping into reserves of power now that he never did before.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Godiva Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Seraphim Character Sheet

[www.furaffinity.net] Art by Marvel Comic's artist Rusty Haller!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Sappho Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Cornucopia Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmares of Futures Past Ongoing Story

[www.classicmarvel.com] - There is no such thing as too powerful Forum Thread
January 01, 2008 06:21PM
Which Hulk and which Thor? Which Universe? Hulk at his best might be too much for Thor.
January 01, 2008 06:59PM
616... and I don't think Hulk at his maddest could handle a Thor who isn't holding back. Thor's taken down the likes of Ymir, who would smash Hulk into paste.

January 01, 2008 07:05PM
Right, and remember we are not talking only about a Strength versus Strength. We are talking about the whole package. Thor is a warrior born, period. Skilled in the use of weapons, magical forces, and the various tools he has been granted. Such as the Belt of Strength. He is a deadly combination.

Oh yeah.....and he has that little hammer thing. ;-)

TLD
January 02, 2008 08:34AM
Yeah, but Hulk is endless rage.

Think about that for a bit. Endless, boundless, without capacity. The ol' boy never stops, never suffers doubt, never feels fear or pain or doubts his own course even for the briefest of moments.

Thor has his toys. Hulk has his completely unbridled rage. It ain't easy, but Thor CAN feel despair. Hulk can't. There is a telling point...not doesn't, can't. And as they've shown,he really doesn't have any defined limits, as long as he gets madder, he gets stronger, tougher, more resilient and recovers all the faster, without end, without a threshold.

Isshia
January 02, 2008 08:57AM
Yet Hulk is a one trick pony. "HULK SMASH!!!" and that's it. That and he really isn't that great of a fighter. Thor has great strength, energy manipulation powers, durability and fighting skill that makes Captain America and Batman look like infants. Hulk can only really attack you one way... by hitting you. Thor can attack you in multitudes of ways. I see this fight lasting awhile, but no way does Thor not come out on top. He'd mount Hulk's head above his fireplace in Valhalla and have a grand feast in celebration of the defeat of such a powerful troll.

January 02, 2008 10:27AM
It's not merely a matter of the various toys Thor has to play with. As Punstar said, Thor is warrior born, and rage simply cannot compete with talent and technical know how.

And as far as fighting spirit goes, the more that Thor despairs, the stronger his will to rise over and above it to triumph.

All the Hulk has is a childs rage. And yeah, strength and resilience, but there is nothing directing it.

What would win? An angry grizzly? Or a vetran hunter? I believe history has long since answered that question.

The Hulk is an animal. Thor is a god... who can compete with Greenskin on a purely animalistic, physical level, but has SO much more than "goon-ness" to draw on.

And of course, if Thor decides upon slaying his opponent, rather than simply slugging it out with him, well, Thor knows how to kill, efficiently and effectively, if anyone does. And when it comes right down to it, killing another is much easier than pummeling them into submission.

------------------------------------------------
Powersurge (history, pics) [www.classicmarvel.com]

Morningstar (campaign journal) [www.classicmarvel.com]

"You just decided *all by yourselves* that you are the Earth's protectors. And that you, and *only* you, not your teammates or family, are trustworthy enough to include in the process..."

T'Challa, The New Avengers: Illuminati 1
January 02, 2008 12:51PM
Oh the Hulk can feel despair (just look at how he felt right after the death of his wife and world) but it will only fuel his rage because it's an easier emotion to deal with than despair. I think the Hulk is more than just unbridled rage though, he's that desire to survive no matter what the situation and with his intelligence having only grown from his original child-like levels and greater use of tactical planning after the training of his warbound he's an entirely new Hulk and more of a match than some want to give him credit for with the new Thor.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

January 02, 2008 03:03PM
He still only has one basic attack... hitting you. Maybe he can do a hand clap or an earth shaking stomp, but he has a severe limitation of how he can attack, while Thor's nearly as strong, just as resilient, has one of the world's most powerful weapons, has a multitude of attacks, from physical to energy, is a better fighter and tactical thinker than the Hulk could even dream of being, and has the ability to effectively fly, not to mention more control over the weather than even Storm could pull. See the difference?

January 02, 2008 04:12PM
Thor has so much going for him then Greenie,I agree with Punstar and Powersurge Thor is a Storm God over two Thousand years old.All this time he has fought Trolls and Monsters and every other thing you can Think of.Greenie is as Tough as they come but come on the Son of Odin and Gaea i.e Mother Nature.One Thousand Years from now in Marvel Universe Greenie will have gone the Way of the Dinosaur.Thor would still be alive Immortal not Greenie no Doubt Hulkie can excede Thors Strength but so what.I have seen puny Karate Experts take Down Men that looked like Mountains.So Fellow puny Mortals err I mean Puny Mortals listen to Mighty Galactus 1:D

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2008 04:13PM by Galactus 1.
January 02, 2008 04:54PM
Gerrod_2002,

While I agree with you about the Hulk and his abilities, it is just not enough to turn the tide against the God of Thunder. While I love the Hulk, the truth of it (mine anyway) is that no amount of focused rage, and simplistic battle tactics, will shake Thor.

TLD

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2008 04:56PM by The Last Duskblade.
January 02, 2008 05:20PM
I'm sure people have played a Death Match between the two (Hulk -=VS=- Thor)...... but has anyone ever documented their battle scenarios here......

2 players and a non-biased / non-player GM could play it out...

Set it all up like a Forum 'Tournament' and have the Forum read out as a Play or Movie Script.......

Ummmmmm, but the Forums here may need to revamped to a PHP Forum Format....... Where every post is simply tagged at the bottom of the last post.... And the Forum has all kinds of Permissions and Protocols for the registered subscribers......

Players would probably have to play the Death Match several times to be sure of a definitive answer.... Such as the best 2 out of 3 total battles... Or 3 out of 5......

www.TankerAce.com | www.Arcain.com | www.Viper99.com
January 02, 2008 05:55PM
Plus, we'd all have to agree on what the Hulk and Thor's modern stats are.

January 02, 2008 06:58PM
Particularly given what we saw at the finale of WWH, where with a step he was threatening to destroy the entire Eastern Seaboard of the United States without even trying. I suppose the real question ends up now that Marvel's apparently taking up that DC trend of killing off or 'disappearing' a hero in order to tag the label onto a new replacement what kind of stats can we expect for what appears to be his son. While going from fetus to apparently full adult form without any life experiences would normally leave one pretty much an animal intelligence that'd likely be considered done to death with the last mindless hulk storyline, so it would seem he'd likely have some kind of inherited memories to get him 'into play' as it were.

-- Peter David

January 03, 2008 05:33PM
I think that the difference between Thor's figthing ability and the Hulk's is best demonstrated in the fights of Royce Gracie in the early days of the UFC. There were no weight classes back then, and Royce is only something like a soft 190 lbs, and he was fighting these heavy and super-heavy weight *monsters*. But he was consistenly beating them.... forcing them to submit, because of his technical know-how and experience.

He could have severely injured any of those monsters he fought, *way* beyond a black eye or a bloody nose.

That's what Thor has on the Hulk. Thats what Thor could do to the Hulk if he decided to go for the kill.

The Hulk might be a great natural combatant, and that talent may since have been honed on "Battle World" or whatever for a few months, a year, but Thor's inborn talent is of *divine* statures, and it has been honed for *centuries*. And there is no reason to believe that Thor was just making it up as he went along either, with deities like Tyr and Odin in the background... the true "battle" gods of the Germanic pantheon.

There is NO comparing the battle prowess of, say, even Captain America or Batman, with that of Thor. Thor is as far above either of them, as either Cap or Bats is over the Hulk..... ie. by leaps and bounds, no pun intended.

*That* is Thor's greatest advantage in a fight vs. the Hulk. His battle prowess. And you gotta admit that battle prowess is the entire issue. Its what combat is all about.

So, it's the trump card. And Thor holds it.

But....

.... that isn't the only card that Thor holds in his hand. He also has his strength, his resilience, his *selfless* spirit of honour and heroism, and then Mjolnir and all that comes with it.

And with Mjolnir in his hands, Thor becomes an even better and potentially more deadly combatant still!!!

Thor just has way more tools in the shed than the Hulk. And all his tools are better. And Thor is better at using his better tools.

Powersurge (history, pics) [www.classicmarvel.com]

Morningstar (campaign journal) [www.classicmarvel.com]

"You just decided *all by yourselves* that you are the Earth's protectors. And that you, and *only* you, not your teammates or family, are trustworthy enough to include in the process..."

T'Challa, The New Avengers: Illuminati 1

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.