Galactus vs Arishem The Celestial

Posted by Galactus 1 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Galactus vs Arishem The Celestial
March 04, 2006 01:22PM
B) Lets have some replys to this, one on one who do you think would win Galactus or a celestial.I belive at full power Galactus would fight to a draw anything less then full power he gets his butt wiped.What are your thoughts people.
Re: Galactus vs Arishem The Celestial
March 04, 2006 01:34PM
Earth-X. Galactus takes on the Celestials and kills two or three of them, without being hurt himself.

That said, they aren't really attacking him.

-Wal

Surrender? What? You think this letter on my head stands for FRANCE?
March 04, 2006 01:51PM

I'd say that at full power Galactus' general power-level is probably equivalent to a Celestials.

Of course, Galactus just seems so much more attentive to whats going on around him and seems to engage the universe to a greater degree. The Celestials are so aloof its hard to imagine that they have much battle prowess. They seem to rely on "simple" displays of their near-omnipotence in combat situations.

Of courese, CL3000 invulnerability is alot to overcome. I would chalk Galactus taking out three of them, even as nonattentive to the scrap as they allegedly were, to the same kind of writing that allows Hercules to drag Manhattan, Thor to break a hole in Celestial armour, Spiderman to beat the Firelord in a throwdown duel, and Sasquatch to lift a 250 ton DC-10 and casually toss it against the full thrust of its engines, ie. an additional 150,000 lbs of pressure.

Some feats are, and should remain, singular and unique, never to be repeated for the sake of suspension of disbelief, hail Mary, Mohammed, and Buddha, amen.

It took the power of several Celestials to destroy one of their own, and their energy manipulation powers rival Galactus'.
March 04, 2006 03:34PM
8-)The Phoenix Force did beat Galactus,but this is the Phoenix force there are more powerful beings then the big G
March 04, 2006 04:54PM
I'd give it to galactus. His bio-Vampirism is sickeningly high, which I soubt the armor of the celestials can withstand. Also the Celestials aren't as combat ready as Galactus can be. Galactus will throw down, the Celestials always seem to not give a damn but the task at hand which is usually judging worlds.
March 04, 2006 05:34PM
funny thing about the phoenix force... i seem to recall an X-factor ish where it's channeled through Cyk's blast and takes out a celestials hand.

"No where to hide. No place to run. Your village will BURN like the heart of the SUN!" - Richard, Head warlock of the Brotherhood of Darkness, Lord of the 13 Hells, Master of the Bones, Emperor of the Black, Lord of the Undead, Lord of the Dance.
Generic Avatar
March 04, 2006 06:11PM
Galactus has CL3000 Energy Manipulation, which would trump most all Celestial attacks, since Galactus could concentrate the attacks and use it to attack Celestials serielly. Furthermore, Galactus has access to all sorts of nasty equipment to amplify his efforts, which would explain how Galactus could (indirectly via equipment) rip apart a Celestial in Universe-X in a single attack, which was presumably a CL5000 attack. (Under Universe-X back story, Galactus was created by the universe as a predator of sorts to keep the Celestial population in check.)

If Galactus is defeated by the Pheonix Force, rated at CL1000, it's because Galactus doesn't deem it worth encurring the cost of accessing his full power, which is something like 1 day's worth of bio-energy every time he personally manipulates energy above Sh-Y levels. Either that, or it was script writer's convenience which defeated Galactus.
March 04, 2006 06:11PM
Yeah that was the last issue of Judgment War in X-Factor, the cover was illustrated by Todd McFarlane and Rob Liefeld
March 04, 2006 06:28PM
Well there's a few factors to consider about the fight with Phoenix

First off Galactus was hungry. He was just about to eat when Phoenix interrupted him. So it was an opportune time for Galactus to be assaulted.

2ndly, Galactus recognized Phoenix was assuming a human host at the time, and took the opportunity to reveal a cosmic insight to the Phoenix with its limited human perceptions, teaching the phoenix a lesson after the combat, so Phoenix's victory could have been to help drive Galactus' point home.

Thirdly, Phoenix was from Alan Davis writing of the char [who has written rachel more that even Claremont I think] during a time long after any other TSR published material had come out. it is exceptionally possible that the Phoenix was accessing heretofore unseen levels of power, and indeed the text of that issue indicated that the source of the phoenix's power may indeed be limitless.
March 04, 2006 06:50PM
Generic Avatar Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Galactus has CL3000 Energy Manipulation, which
> would trump most all Celestial attacks, since
> Galactus could concentrate the attacks and use it
> to attack Celestials serielly.

Actually, the Celestials also have CL3000 energy/matter manipulation, so Galactus has no trump card there.
Generic Avatar
March 04, 2006 08:02PM
As I recall, Celestials normally had only Cl1000 Energy Emission and Control, with 3 or 5 of them having to act in concert to get Cl3000 Energy Emission (I don't know if it included Energy Control).
March 04, 2006 08:18PM

You're right. According to the stats given in the Judge's Book of the Advanced set the Celestials only have CL1000 energy manipulation powers ... with CL3000 when acting in groups of five or more.

I was thinking of the stats provided at this site, which make far more sense considering that the armour/invulnerability of both the Celestials and the Destroyer is ranked at CL3000 in the Fantastic Four Compendium ... a post-UPB supplement.

Now, we have seen that the concerted power of 5 or more Celestials was necessary to destroy both the the Destroyer and another Celestial, and a CL3000 attack simply isn't up to the task, so it seems more likely that they have, individually, CL3000 powers, and CL5000 in concert.

Either way, CL3000 armour is more than up to the task of defending against CL3000 attacks, whilst even a CL1000 attack is going to severely tax Galactus and his (consistently statted) Shift X armour.
Generic Avatar
March 04, 2006 09:45PM
A different possibility is that the Celestial's armor "only" provides CL1000 protection (i.e., the protection was over stated in the source books). After all, Thor once breached the Celestial Executor's armor, the afore mentioned hand blasting, etc. Greater protection of CL3000 may represent Cl1000 Energy Control re-inforcing the protection procided by the armor, especially versus energy attacks which most ultra-powerful attacks seem to be. (When was the last time you saw anybody get a Cl3000 punch in the face?)
March 05, 2006 10:01AM
I agree with the avatar, each celestial has distinct powers some even have the occasinal class 5000 power but generaly they are at class 1000.
March 05, 2006 10:32AM

I dunno about that Muthal. Stat wise, the Celestials Str and End is ranked at CL3000. As is their armour. As is the Destroyers armour ... but his disintigration ray is only CL1000, which explains the CL3000 Celestials ability to block it onehanded without any ill effect

Now, if the Celestial armour is CL3000, and we have the stats in the Judge's Book, at this site, and in the OMH-Master's Edition to testify to that, and then they have at least 2 other CL3000 stats ... I'd tend to supsect that they are CL3000 beings that probably have CL3000 energy manipulation abilities.

Going with the CL1000 simply requires too much revision.

March 05, 2006 10:53AM
B!)- yeah but a celestial can regenerate a missing limb with no sweat.They seem immune to most energy attacks.I think when they are in a group they are more powerful. Galactus always seems to have a problem when he is hungry he is weaker and it seems celestials are always together.I would love to see Galactus kill or take out a celestial.He ate and killed the Dreaming Celestial in a Alternate time line.Does anyone know what comic book a alternate Galactus killed a couple of celestials in?.I would love to buy that comic book,can some one help me out there you have my thanks Galactus one.:.D
March 05, 2006 11:34AM

According to the Big G's entry in Wikipedia, found here ... [en.wikipedia.org] ... it occurred in the Earth X series.

It was part of a revisioninig of the Marvel Universe, similar to the Ultimates, and in this Universe Galactus existed, not to keep some bad dude named Abraxus (sp?) imprisoned, but for the sole purpose of keeping the Celestial population in check.

Obviously, quite a deviation fom the mainstream MU, but yeah, it would make a fun read!
March 05, 2006 01:53PM
:!)-D Thanks powersurge I have always wanted to see the celestials pay for what they did to the Odin Destroyer in Thor 300.I would love to see a show down with the celestials by someone.I know they were at war with the watchers a while back.Im not sure what happened but Im sure they did not win do you know.?(tu)
Generic Avatar
March 05, 2006 04:50PM
Cl1000 Energy Control would have stopped the Cl1000 disintigrator ray. If the Celestial's truly enjoyed Cl3000 protection (which doesn't risk being reduced except under very explicit conditions), they could have completely ignored such an attack.

A Cl1000 attack against Cl3000 protection begs the question why the gods made such an insufficient main attack weapon if it wasn't going to have any chance of doing the job....
March 05, 2006 05:05PM
Because the Asgardians didn't have the Judge's book in front of them when building the Destroyer, maybe.

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.