OT Chuck Norris?

Posted by junderway 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
OT Chuck Norris?
February 25, 2006 12:04PM
What is the recent obsession cultureally with Chuck Norris. recently, and this guy has been around for a while, I have been seeing a lot of Chuck norris T @#$%&, Scrren names, and other things. Why and why now?
Re: OT Chuck Norris?
February 25, 2006 01:35PM
Chuck Norris doesn't need a syringe to give blood he just asks for a bucket and a gun.

chuck norris can slam a revolving door.

"No where to hide. No place to run. Your village will BURN like the heart of the SUN!" - Richard, Head warlock of the Brotherhood of Darkness, Lord of the 13 Hells, Master of the Bones, Emperor of the Black, Lord of the Undead, Lord of the Dance.
February 25, 2006 02:12PM
Lord_Sidious Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Chuck Norris doesn't need a syringe to give blood
> he just asks for a bucket and a gun.
>
> chuck norris can slam a revolving door.
>
> From a desk at Miskatonic University, Home of the
> fighting Encephlopods, "GO PODS!"

See that is what i am talking about where do you get this stuff? The dude is a old Olympic gold medalist kick boxer turn movie star. big deal.
February 25, 2006 02:18PM
I hope I can do high roundhouse kicks when I'm 64. *LOL*
February 25, 2006 03:01PM
So do I, but spin kicks are not really good for fighting. They just look cool. I dont see many of them in UFC or pride fight.
February 25, 2006 03:24PM

A former Olympic gold medalist turned kickboxer, turned action-adventure movie star? Sounds alot more worth remembering than alot of the others things that grab our attention.

Its probably just anohter part of the entire retro-craze-thing that been going on for ... what, like a decade already?

And yeah, big kicks tend to be no-no unless you've setr your oppoenet up nicely. Its the same as a big punch, you gotta be very careful 'cause of the position these things leave you in ... especially if you miss.

But then, Chuck was never a overly flashy kicker and tended to keep then nice, short and low.

Yep, befoer Resident Evil came along and more-or-less defined the genre of survival horror there was "the Hero and the Terror" ... more or less Chuck vs. Jason or Michael of Friday th e13th and Hallowe'en fame.
G.A.W.
February 25, 2006 03:29PM
I like the current Norris jokes, there funny. And what do you have against Chuck anyway junderway.

As far as the recent popularity ask Conan O'brian, he brought him back into the spotlight and it worked. He's a good ol boy.
February 25, 2006 03:48PM
Well there is my answer Conan O'brian. I have nothign against him actually, I used to enjoy many of his movies. But a culture starts to obsess over someone or something I'm curious as to why. Especially all of a sudden when Norris has been around for so long. What does ignore me is that some people start to by into the hype a little too much and really think he is the toughest guy around. It's one thing to think he is cool its another thing to think he can still fight.
February 25, 2006 05:27PM
you want to know the funny thing Chuck Norris himself is adding to the jokes. it's funny to him. besides this is way better than 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon.

Chuck norris once shot a man with his finger by yelling "Bang".

"No where to hide. No place to run. Your village will BURN like the heart of the SUN!" - Richard, Head warlock of the Brotherhood of Darkness, Lord of the 13 Hells, Master of the Bones, Emperor of the Black, Lord of the Undead, Lord of the Dance.
February 25, 2006 05:44PM
Chuck Norris does not sleep. He waits.

On the other hand, Vin Diesel is actually five men, all of whom share a single soul. If ever any two of these men should come face to face, they are required by the laws of fate to absolutely rock the @#$%& out. The last time this happened, the continent of Atlantis sank beneath the ocean. It was worth it.

... And if you're still mystified, Junderway, go here: [www.4q.cc]

-Wal

Surrender? What? You think this letter on my head stands for FRANCE?
February 25, 2006 06:05PM
Why? Because Chuck Norris wants us to. ;)
Ajax
CHUCK NORRIS vs. god?
February 25, 2006 11:41PM
Who would win in a fight based on any game mechcanics you would want to use: CHUCK NORRIS or god?

CHUCK NORRIS or galactus?
CHUCK NORRIS or the beyonder?
CHUCK NORRIS or the super adaptoid?
Re: CHUCK NORRIS vs. god?
February 25, 2006 11:53PM
I still dont get these jokes. Chuck norris is not tough he is a old bad actor
Re: CHUCK NORRIS vs. god?
February 26, 2006 12:11PM
"CHUCK NORRIS or god?"

ha! trick question... Chuck Norris is god!

Ajax
CHUCK NORRIS IS GOD!!!
February 26, 2006 02:50PM
Lord_Sidious you got it right! I couldn't fool you.

Junderway as far as Norris as actor - good or bad is immaterial. He's an athlete and became a movie star. At least he's not an over-rated ACTOR like many in hollywood.

Re: CHUCK NORRIS IS GOD!!!
February 26, 2006 05:57PM
People forget that we already have a 'Chuck Norris' in the form of Wolf-Spider. :D
February 26, 2006 07:22PM
Bite your tongue!!! Wolf-Spider wishes he were Chuck Norris....:D
CROMM-WELL
February 26, 2006 08:54PM
Led Zepplin didn't write stairway to heaven ------------ Chuck Norris did! right before he gave birth to them!
February 27, 2006 08:55AM
What the hell are you guys talking about? Is this some kind of subculture thing?
February 27, 2006 10:14AM
See the link in my previous comment.

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.