batman vs. captain america

Posted by manny 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: batman vs. captain america
February 22, 2006 12:53AM
And if I punched you hombre, it sure as hell wouldn't be over the internet.

And now the true extent of your stupidity is revealed. An actual physical threat over the internet. Rock bottom man, absolutely rock bottom.

DG X(

Marvel > DC
February 22, 2006 08:58AM
Warlock Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And if I punched you hombre, it sure as hell
> wouldn't be over the internet.
>
> And now the true extent of your stupidity is
> revealed. An actual physical threat over the
> internet. Rock bottom man, absolutely rock bottom.
>
> DG
>
> Marvel > DC

8-) I'm rubber and you're glue ....
February 22, 2006 10:18AM
Any chance we can get this thread back on-topic?
February 22, 2006 11:32AM
Captain America wins because he's tougher. But slightly less experienced.

... If anyone cares to work out exactly how long he's been unfrozen, we can then take a guess at Cable's age. Because Cable is about twenty years older than Cap in personal time, according to recent comics.

-Wal
Epyon
February 22, 2006 12:02PM
I don't think that just because you've been fighting longer, you're better. I don't mean to discount experience, but some people are just born fighters. I used to do martial arts. I had a black belt in Taekwondo. There were plenty of more experienced people I could consistently beat, and there were plenty of less experienced people who consistently beat me. So just because Cap/Bats have been training/fighting longer doesn't mean he will win.
February 22, 2006 01:29PM
True, but Captain America is also marginally stronger, and considerably tougher and more agile.

They're both hugely talented. But Bruce's talent is innate (Kuragari, the guy who trained the League of Assassins, reckoned he was the single most talented student he had ever had. David Caine had a similar view, at least pre-Cassandra), and Steve's is more a product of the Serum and the enhanced physical abilities that came with it.

-Wal
February 22, 2006 01:38PM

Thats the funny thing about fighting, and (as I've mentioned before) the main problem with these "close-fight" threads. In close fights things can go either way on any given day, and there is more to math in any given fight. You could potentially have situation in which you have 3 guys, Guy A, Guy B, and Guy C ... now, Guy A can consistently beat Guy B, and Guy B can consistently beat Guy C, but for some reason Guy C can also consistently beat Guy A ... as a pure matter of simply having Guy A's number.

However, I agree that in a closed ring, straight up match, Cap would (probably) beat Batman.

So, no takers for Aunt May vs. Clark Kent's Earth-Mom, eh?
February 22, 2006 10:00PM
I dunno... Ma Kent's got Weapon Focus: Rhubarb Pies....
February 23, 2006 11:26AM
Maybe, but was she ever a Herald of Galactus? I do not think so. Plus, Aunt May without the Power Cosmic can make Wolverine stop smoking, putting her on a similar level to Professor X.

-Wal
February 23, 2006 12:47PM

And if nothing else Aunt May is from X( NYC X( whereas Ma Kent is from :o smallville :o

Thats gotta amount to something in the world of little old ladies.

But hey, Aunt May vs. Aunt Petunia?
February 23, 2006 12:51PM
Now that's a fight I'd pay to see.:!)-D

Skarlett da Pre-Paid Spyder

________________________________________________________________________________
"All who wander are not lost." J.R.R. Tolkein

"History and experience have taught us that the oldest among our kind invariably prove the most formidable." Sage, X-Treme X-Men #43

"You leap like a hyena in heat!!" Conan to Wolverine, What If...? #16

"Useless, all useless...I was once a MAN!!" Cobra Commander, G.I. Joe the Movie
February 23, 2006 01:07PM
Yeah, but Ma Kent's got that strong farmer's back. I mean, surely she's helped out around the farm some. What's May done?

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.