Killing off PC's

Posted by Fangs 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Killing off PC's
February 09, 2006 03:27PM
hmmmm... a lot of food for thought.
as this player forwent any additional powers and wanted only one then I think that I should be leanient on his character.
This is a powerstunt that he generated. The character is able to change themself into living plasma, not a sheath or body armour as such. So when the character slammed into the forcefeild surrounding Australia then based on where they were and the angle as well. It is fair enough to say that yes they take significant damage.... which his character did and also they will realise the now obvious.
I think that I should severely penalise his character in relation to purposely runing into things in an effort to try and break through when they cant be pierced.
But in hind site it was probably the best thing I could have done. Also I will spring it on the character that when they performed the Supernova blast in the hell dimension and then blacked out from the strain that they have a vague memory of something on their face. (face hugging alien).
Has this character been infected as a host?
Will I kill this character yet?
This is yet to be revealed.
February 10, 2006 07:54PM
I like the mysterious death rule myself. There's a few ways to look at it and it varies depending on the GM. There's A) Ah well role out a new character, B) Mysterious Death which can lead to C) Mysterious Death but PC can only come back after paying 5-10,000 Karma pts. or D) B/C combo. Pay or not pay and for some reason they didn't actually die.

I get too attached to my PC and am very fortunate to have the GM I have. That character has died so many times that by about the last time especially I didn't need to pay karma, apparently I never really died. When I first started playing and really getting into my character I thought I was the @#$%& and could take out the big A. Turned out I couldn't and I was jokingly told to roll a new character. I should have to be 100% fair by all game rules. But I'm glad I got off free because I've had a blast with all my PC's future endeavers.

In the game I play we use the higher/lower than thing. I.E; higher than 40 somebody can save you, you roll 40 or higher you saved, if not your either f@#ked or in the hands of your GM.

Again, my two cents (:!D

February 13, 2006 09:21PM
Since we are on the subject of killing PC's, i run by the stupid/heroic act. If the situation called for the pc to be heroic and possibly save the world/friends/innocents/etc. from danger then i will come up with an "out" for the character to appear later on, although they might be changed or altered as a result it will give them a chance to still play the character but albeit with new powers/limitations/etc. NOW.....if the PC was screwing around/not paying attention/showing off/bragging of their powers/etc. and/or just daring me to up the ante as it were, then they're toast, not burnt toast but kinda crispy. Sorry about the "burn" references, i'm not being literal, you all understand. I have resurrected so many characters that suffered from the "mysterious death" syndrome it's become a challenge among our group to see who can come up with the most original way for the character to come back and join or oppose the group currently being played. I personally just recently revived an old-1988-character that died then and found my old notes on the scenario he "died" in and found an "out" which allowed him to come back into the world that has changed so much for him. OK, that's my 2-cents, i'm done. :)

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.