Scanned book - Gates of What If

Posted by MIC_Rulz 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
FNG
Re: Scanned book - Gates of What If
June 16, 2006 08:58AM
hmmmm, he's still not posted New York New York.

I was hoping that someone could upload them both to my FTP so that I can post them to

alt.binaries.e-book.rpg

and also share them on Emule

So that more people can have access to them while we are waiting.

FNG
June 16, 2006 09:36AM
I'll need to find a good utility to post to the usenet group. Recommend any?

I don't know what Emule is so if someone could enlighten me I would appreciate it.

If you send me a link to your FTP site I could upload it. It won't happen until tonight though.
June 16, 2006 07:36PM
Why don't you see if kythri would put it up?
June 16, 2006 08:00PM
PowerPost is a nice, easy, and free way to post files to usenet. (I posted my scans to a.b.e-book.rpg this way.

[powerpost.cjb.net]
June 16, 2006 11:26PM
I used that program and sent them to alt.binaries.e-book.rpg. It's in 23 parts and I did not use PAR files. In the last decade of leeching off of usenet groups this is my first posting to them. You'd think I'd know how to do this.
Anyway, please feel free to give suggestions as I can only learn from here on out.

Thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2006 11:33PM by MIC_Rulz.
June 17, 2006 12:47AM
MIC_Rulz Wrote:

> Anyway, please feel free to give suggestions as I
> can only learn from here on out.

The file is great on newshosting. I'd suggest par files for people with less reliable news providers.

Any chance of the 300dpi version being upped? :)

Oh, and maybe New York, New York being posted. (If you're reading this Silverback.)
June 17, 2006 08:34AM
I'll work on the 300dpi version. I want to try running it through the built-in PDF compressor to shrink it down in size a bit. I don't want to have to post up a 60meg file if I don't have to. Just seems silly.
I'll par the next one.
June 17, 2006 11:22AM
It posted fine. I'm glad to have it.

For anyone wanting to know how to get onto newsgroups, there's a tutorial here:

[www.slyck.com]
June 19, 2006 10:11PM
Howdy!

I'd be willing to put it on www.marvelrpg.net, if you wanted to upload it.

Let me know, and I can email you the login information.

My kythri@marvelrpg.net mailbox is kinda hosed up, I'm thinking that I'm going to cut it off, and create a new box for the spammers to attack.
June 20, 2006 07:16AM
That sounds great. Feel free to send me a private message or email me with the upload information.

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.