Marvel Zombies

Posted by Serafita 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Marvel Zombies
November 16, 2005 06:54AM
[www.newsarama.com]

Preview blurb:

It started with a flash through the sky, and a ripple through the clouds. The hunger is what brought it here - and feed it did, until the Marvel Heroes were no more.

They were replaced by soulless monsters, driven only by a insatiable hunger for human flesh.

After they ran out of human food, Reed Richards devised a plan to lure his counterpart from another dimension into a deadly trap. Thanks to Magneto, who had managed to stay unaffected, Reed's plan failed, leaving him and the rest of the Fantastic Four stranded in another dimension.

Magneto has destroyed the machine that allowed passage to that dimension - and is left to carry on with his life. He does not expect to live long.

This is no world of Marvel Heroes.

This is the world of:

MARVEL ZOMBIES

Apparently an offshoot from the pages of Ultimate Fantastic Four, I get the feeling that it was somewhat based on the Halloween side of things, but even so, it's something which I want to pick up when it hits the shops. =)

(yikes)
Generic Avatar
Re: Marvel Zombies
November 16, 2005 12:06PM
Are the writers running out of good ideas? o_O

The "recent" version of the TV series "Outer Limits" did the End of Mankind theme to death (no pun intended). It gets old really quick.
November 16, 2005 01:22PM
Why didn't Magneto do that to Cap years ago?

Seriously, though.... BRAINS!
November 27, 2005 07:44AM
It is an interesting comicbook convention: in What If type scenerios supertypes go out like old light bulbs and suddenly the unlikely badguys turned saviors of the day are able to miraculously wipe the floor with Spiderman and Captain A....after being pwned by him a dozen times.

By the way, that is a good example of how that shield becomes an edged weapon with the proper amount of force behind it. Cap cut Baron Blood's head off with it himself for goodness sake.
April 05, 2006 07:51PM
Good, but it ended predictably. At least, I thought so.

For those of you who weren't following -- Zombie Captain America, Zombie Giant Man, Zombie Hulk, Zombie Iron Man, Zomie Luke Cage, Zombie Spider-Man, and Zombie Wolverine ate the Silver Surfer and each gained a portion of his power. Then they all -- minus Cap, who got killed by Zombie Red Skull during a final brawl -- ate Galactus, and each became "mini-Zombie-Galactuses". The six now roam the galaxy, eating everyone in their path. Earth is now populated by twelve Mutants (Black Panther and Forge are two of them), and the zombie head of Wasp.
April 05, 2006 08:27PM
Thank you. I will never sleep again. At least, not with my eyes closed. Jeeeez.

Mark

"My parents went to The Secret Wars Battleworld and all I got was this lousy T-Shirt..."
April 06, 2006 11:03PM
I cant see how mighty Galactus failed to stop the zombie heroes. Shouldn't he have just blasted them with the power he wields? And how did the Silver Surfer get eaten? The power cosmic will protect him from the ravages of space and it's wonders but not from a zombie bite? I read issue #2 but havent read them all, after reading this i just might not look for the rest of the series.
April 07, 2006 08:18AM
They did have some trouble getting through SS's silvery hide, but once they did, they could eat the tastys meats inside.

Though, I thought that, like Galactus, the Surver was full o' energy under that reflective shell (they shouldn't have been able to eat Galactus, he has no meat to eat).

Big G did blast, but he's a poor shot and the others were able to evade (though Luke Cage did get part of his torso blown off). G was taken down by the Power Cosmic-imbued Zombies channeling their blasts into a big cannon-thing Stark & Pym kit-bashed (using stuff taken from all over, including some crystals they took from Strange's Sanctum), which amplified their blast enough to be able to severely damage Galactus.
April 07, 2006 07:59PM
Appreciate the detailed info, but personally i dont like that they took down Silver Surfer and Galactus simply because they were "zombified". Just me, nothing personal. The writer should be bitten by a zombie for this, or at least Joe Quesada for approving it. Dont get me wrong, i know the heroes and villains of the comic books are not GODS, but come on.....zombies defeated and ate Silver Surfer and Galactus!! They are cosmic entities for petes sakes and a simple zombie was able to take them down. What's next, Forbush Man gains control of the Infinity Gauntlet and remakes the universe in his image, oh wait thats been done before: Rob Leifeld did his own (briefly thank god) comics!! LOL
April 07, 2006 10:33PM
*Begins gathering supplies for the hunting of Robert Kirkman* I finally looked at the series..And I plan on keeping this from happening again. *Loads shotgun with silver bullets and fanny pack with salt and thread. Stores away several bottles of Rum and boxes of good cigars to call and then placate Ghede. *
April 08, 2006 01:45PM
Word is the Zmbiefed F4 are going to be the Ult F4's verson of the Frightful Four.

Which is, granted, quite frightful....
April 08, 2006 05:49PM
*grabs extra ammo for YOUR HUMBLE SERVANT's gun* right behind you man, i got your back *grabs some stakes and holy water just in case*
October 27, 2006 10:44PM
I'm assuming even in their zombie state they retained brain power and their abilities, plus the need to feed? I know this is a rather dead thread (no pun tended), but I'm curious. Thx in advance.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2006 10:45PM by TheChosenOne.
Brewster
October 28, 2006 02:27AM
The Surfer was brought low by a combined attack by just about every superhero on Earth, including Iron Man, Thor, and the Hulk. A lot of them died in the process.

Galactus was beaten by a combination of the Surfer-powered heroes, a combined assault by just about every supervillain on Earth, and a Great Big Doomsday Machine built by the combined geniuses of Tony Stark, Bruce Banner, and Hank Pym.

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.