My Campaign Idea

Posted by Risk2099 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
My Campaign Idea
September 12, 2005 07:47PM
Taking into consideration the feedback I received on the "How do you handle problem players?" thread (even Michael's comments - harsh as they may have been) I realized what I was trying to do was maintain focus, but I was limiting my players by doing that.

I have dusted off an old idea of looking at the Marvel Universe if time had passed normally since FF #1 in 1961. I have told them their characters can be either the children of existing Marvel characters or inheritors of the codenames of current Marvel characters (yeah, I know - it came off sounding like M2 - A-Next - Spider-Girl - to me too). What I have in mind is sort of a JSA/Infinity Inc. for Marvel.

If there is interest I will post what I work out as far as a timeline goes. The major villianess is going to be Lady Evolutionary, daughter of the High Evolutionary (my own idea as far as I know).

By the way, when I told my "Problem Player" the idea, he said he wanted to be the new Hulk. I asked how he got his powers from the old Hulk. He said he ate him (I oughta make him live with that origin). I think I take comics/gaming too seriously, and he doesn't take it seriously at all :).

My new two cents,
Risk2099
Re: My Campaign Idea
September 12, 2005 10:46PM
Get this player to write out a history on how this occurred. What powers he had.... etc

Get him to flesh out his idea.

One thing I do is I allow the players to choose their powers but they have to roll the rank levels and live with them and gradually build them up.

September 13, 2005 03:02PM
Risk2099 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Taking into consideration the feedback I received
> on the "How do you handle problem players?" thread
> (even Michael's comments - harsh as they may have
> been)

I apologize if they seemed to be harsh. They certainly weren't meant that wau/

> I realized what I was trying to do was
> maintain focus, but I was limiting my players by
> doing that.

That's pretty much all I was trying to say.

> origin). I think I take comics/gaming too
> seriously, and he doesn't take it seriously at all

No campaign ideas every survive contact with the players! :) I'm going through that myself and I suspect I'll have to tweak my origional ideas a little to work the players ideas in more.

Interested in hearing how it develops...

michael
September 13, 2005 07:17PM
New Hulk through cannibalism...I love it.

The guy was a Brazilian rugby player on the same plane as Bruce Banner and it crashed, Banner was killed in his sleep, the guy ate him, new Hulk, accept he only changes when he gets hungry!

NOW having a character who can change the way things taste is going to be crucial!
September 13, 2005 07:18PM
New Hulk through cannibalism...I love it.

The guy was a Brazilian rugby player on the same plane as Bruce Banner and it crashed, Banner was killed in his sleep, the guy ate him, new Hulk, accept he only changes when he gets hungry!

NOW having a character who can change the way things taste is going to be crucial!
September 13, 2005 09:44PM

I'm thinking Hulk gets vapourized in some epic battle. Then it rains ... strange gammairadiated vegetables grow, Joe-Hulk-Wannabe eats them all the time growing up, and shazam!! Hulk Junior one fine day.

Of course, was he the only one? Or were there ............. "others"?
September 14, 2005 10:06AM
Powersurge,

Your idea reminds me of a John Byrne FF Annual. After the FF's first contact with the Skrulls, they left some of them in a field hypnotized into thinking they were cows. A dairy had been milking these cows for years and the people in this small town started to develop skrull like abilities.

I don't seriously think he will stick with the idea, but then again.

My 3 cents (feeling generous),
Risk2099
September 15, 2005 10:19AM

Thats really gross. :(
September 20, 2005 01:00PM
Powersurge Wrote:
> > Thats really gross.

Yet, strangely soothing...

Skarlett da Simian Spyder

________________________________________________________________________________
"All who wander are not lost." J.R.R. Tolkein

"History and experience have taught us that the oldest among our kind invariably prove the most formidable." Sage, X-Treme X-Men #43

"You leap like a hyena in heat!!" Conan to Wolverine, What If...? #16

"Useless, all useless...I was once a MAN!!" Cobra Commander, G.I. Joe the Movie
September 20, 2005 01:16PM
Did you know that 8 out of 10 Humans prefer Skrull milk to that of terran cows...:D

The one and only unstoppable nutcase!
September 20, 2005 08:41PM
Jugger_nut Wrote:
> Did you know that 8 out of 10 Humans prefer Skrull
> milk to that of terran cows...
>
> The one and only unstoppable nutcase!

LMAO!

Now that's comedy.

Skarlett da X( Spyder

________________________________________________________________________________
"All who wander are not lost." J.R.R. Tolkein

"History and experience have taught us that the oldest among our kind invariably prove the most formidable." Sage, X-Treme X-Men #43

"You leap like a hyena in heat!!" Conan to Wolverine, What If...? #16

"Useless, all useless...I was once a MAN!!" Cobra Commander, G.I. Joe the Movie
September 25, 2005 03:22AM
Here's an idea. And if the guy cannibalized him in Canada he could become the new Wendigo as well! Or he could have eaten someone, become Wendigo and then fought the Hulk and eaten the body. I kind of like that idea. Maybe I'll use it. I've been bouncing around a similar What If scenario on Marvel aging for one of my games someday. But I'd have to get out of the current one, which might take a while. Last game lasted over 2 years straight.

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.