X-MEN 3 movie news & rumors

Posted by Dr Archeville 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: X-MEN 3 movie news & rumors
May 28, 2006 11:50AM

Brother step brother why split hairs.
Brothers have the same parents, the same DNA. Stepbrothers have no parents in common, and are only 'related' legally. It's a big difference.

Why not mention magic. WEll if you did not have the poitless jean story you would have time and you could develope Juggs into the cool character that he is. You don't even have to has he is magical or about his gem. You just have to say, "and in this cell we have a man who is not a mutant but with powers just as deadly.", and that's all you would have to say.
That wouldn't work -- if he's not a Mutant, why is he in a trailer full of Mutant criminals? If he's not a Mutant, how'd he get his powers? It'd leave more unanswered questions/dangling plotlines, so it's easier to just say he's a Mutant (not unlike the Juggernaut of the <i>Ultimate X-Men</i> and of <i>X-Men: Evolution</i>).
They didn't mention magic for the same reason they didn't mention the Shi'Ar or any of the other stuff associated with the Phoenix Saga -- it'd be too much to cram in to a movie that already had too much crammed into it. Plus, the X-Men flicks are about Mutants, so there's no real need/point to drag in alien races and mysticism into them (especially when the movies are made to be aimed at the general public, not just the geeks).

I dont call a army of multiple men standing around and as soon as the army approachs, they get reabsorbed and surrender doing something. Now he he fought the army on his own that would be doing something. Why just surrender they guy IS an army?
A large group of unarmed, unarmored people is not an army. It's a group of targets. Madrox was there as a distraction, not as a combatant.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/2006 11:56AM by Dr Archeville.
Tarrna
My short review
May 28, 2006 03:29PM
Here's my short review. The movie was good, not great. I was never bored at any time.

Some of the lines were classic. " Do you know how I am? I'm the Juggernaut @#$%&! "

The movie had flaws. For one thing it was too ambitious. Too many characters = not enough time to develop the plot for each of them. Some characters were under used. Rouge, Shadow Cat and Colossus were hardly used at all. The Beast was well done. More time could have been spent with him.

Other characters minor characters were very strange. I'm not even sure if all of them are in Marvel.

The writing had several holes in it. For one thing, Magento sends the lesser mutants into battle first, only to use 100's of cars behind him as weapons later? Magento is not that stupid! And how did the Angel fly from New York to San Francisco so quickly only to catch his falling father on cue?

Was I the only one who thought Professor X's funeral was empty?

I give the movie a 7.5 out of ten, but if you aren't a fan of the X-men its more like a 6 out of ten. The first two movies were better.
Blacklight
Re: My short review
May 28, 2006 04:15PM
I SOOOOO agree. As I said in my earlier post.. This movie was a bad dream. It didn't happen.
May 28, 2006 06:59PM
Angel, in the comics, can fly at 150mph without any assistance from tailwinds. And he could've easily hitched a ride on some west-traveling planes.

All the characters used are in Marvel... sorta. Porcupine-boy is in the comics, as Quill (though for some reason he's listed in the credits as Kid Omega). Girl with purple hair was listed in the credits as Psylocke... though in the flick her power seemed to be chameleonic blending, not telepathy. Arclight (gal who used a shockwave to blast the plastic guns out of their hands) is one of Sinister's Marauders. Girl with super-speed & Mutant detection is listed in the credits as Callisto... for some reason.

Fun Trivia: Based on the Golden Gate Bridge scene, it can be calculated Movie Magneto had, at the time, at least C1000 Magnetic Manipulation. 1,000 tons is a Shift Z weight, and the GGB weighs approximately 887,000 tons.
May 29, 2006 02:17PM
> Brothers have the same parents, the same DNA.
> Stepbrothers have no parents in common, and are
> only 'related' legally. It's a big difference.
>
A great many step brothers will refer to there steb sibling as "this is my brother." So while there is a semantic difference at times there can be little actually difference. I belive in one of the x-men cartoons Juggs called prof simply brother and it was later clarified.

> That wouldn't work -- if he's not a Mutant, why is
> he in a trailer full of Mutant criminals?

Because it is the most common means to transport powered beings mutant or other wise.

If he's
> not a Mutant, how'd he get his powers?

It would not have to be answered. Thatwould actually make him cooler in the movie and leave him with an element of mystery.

> They didn't mention magic for the same reason they
> didn't mention the Shi'Ar or any of the other
> stuff associated with the Phoenix Saga -- it'd be
> too much to cram in to a movie that already had
> too much crammed into it.

I agree it did not need to be mentioned more then a line or two.

Plus, the X-Men flicks
> are about Mutants, so there's no real need/point
> to drag in alien races and mysticism into them
> (especially when the movies are made to be aimed
> at the general public, not just the geeks).

If its about mutants then dont bother putting juggs in. lets face it Juggs is put in because he is a popular character amonst us geeks. So if you want to satisfy the people you are putting him in the movie for do it right or dont do it at all. IMO

But how they did it isnt that bad. But juggs is such a good character to be under written and under developed. Which is what they did with him.

>
> I dont call a army of multiple men standing around
> and as soon as the army approachs, they get
> reabsorbed and surrender doing something. Now he
> he fought the army on his own that would be doing
> something. Why just surrender they guy IS an
> army?
> A large group of unarmed, unarmored people is not
> an army. It's a group of targets. Madrox was
> there as a distraction, not as a combatant.

If they fought back that would be a much greater disctraction. 10 multiple men standin around stomping their feelt freating more and more guys that jsut rush the shoulders armed or unarmed is still very deadly.

Angle can fly 150 MPH. From MA to Cal is about 3000 miles. That's 20 hours on non stop flight. Lets pretend he caught a tail wind move it to 18 hours. One I don't think he could do that with otu rest and two 18 still puts him there way too late.
May 29, 2006 03:39PM
Which is why I added "And he could've easily hitched a ride on some west-traveling planes."

It would not have to be answered. Thatwould actually make him cooler in the movie and leave him with an element of mystery.
Yes, it would need to be explained, else it's another dangling, unanswered question/plotline.

If its about mutants then dont bother putting juggs in. lets face it Juggs is put in because he is a popular character amonst us geeks. So if you want to satisfy the people you are putting him in the movie for do it right or dont do it at all. IMO
Exactly -- he was put in b/c he was popular. But, really, does changing him to being a Mutant, rather than mystically-empowered, really change the character that much? Especially given what little we saw of him in this flick?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2006 03:42PM by Dr Archeville.
May 29, 2006 04:50PM
Dr Archeville Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Which is why I added "And he could've easily
> hitched a ride on some west-traveling planes."

What grab onto a plane and go and ride on the outside? Even a plane leaving a run way would be moving faster then he would fly. So even if he met the airplane at the air port to hitch a ride there is no way he would no where it was going till it was moving faster then he could catch it.
>
> It would not have to be answered. Thatwould
> actually make him cooler in the movie and leave
> him with an element of mystery.
> Yes, it would need to be explained, else it's
> another dangling, unanswered question/plotline.
>
Not really all not answer it does is makes people wonder what he is. Or if you want to make it clearer they just ahve to say, "And in this cell is Juggernaught. Great magic makes him unstoppable."

Two sentences that gives us more insight into him then they did. It really doesnt matter if they make him a mutant or not.

> Exactly -- he was put in b/c he was popular. But,
> really, does changing him to being a Mutant,
> rather than mystically-empowered, really change
> the character that much? Especially given what
> little we saw of him in this flick?

Fine say he is a mutant but do something with him. Say is his Xaviers Step brother (happy), make him 9 feet tall and look cool. Just dont make him look like a WWE reject. It doesnt take much time to give him some decent back story. But I guess that is the problem they spent no time on developeing anyones character other then Mageneto, Wolverine, and storm.
May 29, 2006 06:41PM
As far as judging Magneto's power rank, he didn't move the entire bridge, maybe half of it. but maybe still Cl. 1000. Only needed if playing a campaign using the Marvel movies.
May 29, 2006 08:06PM
tystates Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> As far as judging Magneto's power rank, he didn't
> move the entire bridge, maybe half of it. but
> maybe still Cl. 1000. Only needed if playing a
> campaign using the Marvel movies.

We have seen magneto do power stunts of this level in comics. As in when magneto pulled all the admantium out of wolverines body. That is CL 1000 material. It has been years since I read that but I think he was amplified at the time because he was in the earths electron magnetic field or something like that.
May 29, 2006 09:26PM
As for rumors (culled from various sites):
* Jean will return -- and kill Cyclops, Prof X, and Magneto
. 2 out of 3.
* Storm (Halle Berry) will take on a leadership role, and then begin having a torrid affair with Wolverine (even though Jean's back & Scott's dead).
Yep on the first part, Wrong on the second part.
* No Nightcrawler.
Yep
* Beast (Kelsey Grammar) is going to be the Presidential Advisor on Mutant Affairs.
Yep
* The Juggernaut is reduced to being a second-rate flunky in the movie (like Bane was in 1997's Batman & Robin)
Well.... Juggernaut's pretty much a one-trick villain anyway.
* The villain this time out is Warren Worthington II, father of Warren Worthington III, aka Angel.
Not a villain by any means. WW2 is trying to be a good guy. First on the list to be turned -- Mystique. Yep. Rebecca Romijin finally completely naked in an X-flick!!!!!!!

May 29, 2006 11:28PM

What grab onto a plane and go and ride on the outside?
He's done it in the comics -- it's how he made a transAtlantic flight. Remember, I said his 150 mph speed is his speed when unaided by a tailwind -- with one, he can go much faster.
Alternatively, he flies at the same speed Babylon 5's Starfuries fly -- at the Speed of Plot.
Oh, and Westchester is in NY, not MA.

Not really all not answer it does is makes people wonder what he is. Or if you want to make it clearer they just ahve to say, "And in this cell is Juggernaught. Great magic makes him unstoppable."

Two sentences that gives us more insight into him then they did. It really doesnt matter if they make him a mutant or not.
And then you're bringing magic into the movie-verse, which just adds more clutter. And how does that give any more insight to the character? If anything, it makes it less clear -- what sort of magic? How'd he come across it? Are there other magically-empowered folks? Why is magic being brought in to a movie that's about Mtuants?

As far as judging Magneto's power rank, he didn't move the entire bridge, maybe half of it. but maybe still Cl. 1000. Only needed if playing a campaign using the Marvel movies.
Indeed, since half the GGB is over 400,000 tons, which is 400 times more than a ShZ weight.
May 30, 2006 05:54AM
I saw the movie and yes I liked it.

The points I thought were a little screwy were Prof X death,

Magnetos lack of brains. If he can move the GGB why not just dump it on the facility then mangle the metal in the Girders to total everyone in it.....

That aside. Scott Dying was toss.
Wolverine Offing Jean.... toss.

Pheonix is so powerful she cold have totally flayed all the flesh off wolverine before he could get in spitting distance.

In X-2 Jean and Scott loved each other
In X-3 Jean Kills scott?

What did I miss in the end credits?
May 30, 2006 08:12AM
Xavier transferred his mind into the braindead guy he was lecturing on earlier (about whether it's ethical to transplant the mind of a man dying of cancer into his healthy body), and said "Hello, Moira." She recognized it was him.

Mags was straining to move half the GGB -- he probably could not lift it and crush Alcatraz with it. (And besides, if he did do that, the movie would've been a lot shorter :P )

In X3, Phoenix killed Scott, not Jean.
May 30, 2006 08:52AM
The plot over all seemed way to screwy. Okay there are a lot of small things I dont like that I was nit picking. But the big things of it being the wolverine and Storm movie I cant get around. Colossus all he did the entire movie was throw wolverine. SO colossus only cool stunt is has to involve wolverine. Too many characters with very weak characterization on each of them, 2 story lines going on at the same time really took away from the characters.
Blacklight
May 30, 2006 09:58AM
Jean killing Scott made no sense whatsoever. The only reason Scott died was the fact that the Hugh Jackman/Halle Barry marketing machine needed him out of the way so that Jean and Logan could have true love with nothing in between because *sarcastic* we all know that the general public wont stand for Logan and her not being a couple in some way shape or form. Logan is the bad boy most female fans go for and therefore.. he was selected to be the Jean Grey love object who keeps her grounded in reality. Yeah.. she's been married to Scott for years.. but her true love is Wolverine ! *blech* I hate you Bret Ratner.
Blacklight
May 30, 2006 10:13AM
My attempt at salvaging the movie the Marvel way....

X4 !! The year is 2008.... It's the Fourth of July Weekend... The opening credits roll.

Logan and Scott are in the main hallway in the manor when the front door opens up. Scott Summers limps in wearing nothing but a towel. His eyes are tight shut. Angella Basset (having replaced Halley Barry because of contract negotiations that broke down) runs to get him some ruby quartz glasses from storage.

Logan: Oh my god ! Scott ! We thought you were dead !

Scott: Logan.. I went up to Alkalai Lake and there experienced the best sex I ever had in my life. It took me two years to wake up from it it was so good. It was so good that my clothes were completely vaporised for some reason ! Anyway.. I'm back !

At this, Professor Xavier rolls in...

Logan: Didn't Bret Ratner kill you too ?

Xavier: No Logan ! You see.. What you thought was me getting torn apart was actually a mental image of me that I was projecting from a remote bunker in Genosha because I knew that Jean would do the same to my body if I was really there !

Then Magneto flies into the hall.

Magneto: Hello old friend ! As you can see.. the mutant cure has a flaw. It's effects are only temporary ! Now if you'll excuse me... I have to go toss the George Washington bridge onto the white house. Ta TAAA ! *flies away*

Logan: Oh great....

Then from behind him...

Jean Gray: I AM THE PHEONIX ! I FEEL MUCH BETTER NOW !

The movie characters salvaged.. the movie goes into special effects orgasm and the world is safe for comic fans everywhere !
May 30, 2006 11:55AM
...the Marvel way...
May 31, 2006 02:12PM
I agree with most of the posts I've read. The movie would get a "D" to a "C-" at best in my opinion. SO here are a few ideas for the X4 script.

Possibility 1) X3 was really a danger room session. So the team knows how to better handle Phoenix when she really awakens. (Xavier sensed her(Jean) at the end of X2) It would make sense that he would try to prepare his students. He would want them ready for the Juggernaut without revealing too much about his own connection to him.

Possibility 2) The mutant Mastermind was having fun with everyone to gain access to the Hellfire club. So X3 was only an illusion in the X-men minds. So now the team has to kick the Hellfire's booty!!!
June 01, 2006 07:46AM
I just saw it last night so here's my two cents. I'm not sure I can express properly my disappointment with this movie. I've never liked Scott much in the comics and didn't in the movies either so his death to me was no big. Jean coming back only to die again was simply cheap theatrics. Storm was once again aweful. Please, PLEASE stop giving Halle Berry lines! Mystique and Rogue losing their powers was crap. Xavier dying was perhaps the worst crime. And did I mention that JUGGERNAUT IS NOT A MUTANT?!!! This installment of the X-men legacy did not even attempt to stay true to the comic! It was like watching Harry Potter 3 all over again! I don't think there's any way they can salvage the series for me any more. Count me out of the next box office total!

Oh and for everyone that wants to know what happened after the credits I'll tell you. Just a bit of space for spoiler alert.

ALERT SPOILER IN 10

Okay. The scene opens on a hospital room. We see the guy in the coma that the professor was talking about in the beginning class with his students. He's the guy from the tv monitor that had a body, but no mind. We also see a female doctor taking care of him. Then Xaviers voice chimes in from the brain dead guy saying "Moira." The doctor looks to him shocked. "Charles?" That's it. End scene. Lame make you feel good ending.

Some days you're the windshield, some days you're the fly.

A true evil genius will do everything for a specific thought out reason and make it look like there was no reason for it at all.

Alabar
June 01, 2006 08:16AM
Juggie's a Mutant in Ultimate X-Men, and in X-Men: Evolution, and it worked fine there. Seeing as how the focus of the X-Movies is on Mutants, there's absolutely no need to drag in magic (or aliens) into it.

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.