energy/rotting/health-drain/blinding touch + punch damage

Posted by anon 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
anon
energy/rotting/health-drain/blinding touch + punch damage
June 23, 2005 09:41PM
as if two seperate attacks? one roll to hit?
Re: energy/rotting/health-drain/blinding touch + punch damage
June 24, 2005 05:12AM
I would say it is a touch power, no punching and doing power damage. But two attacks, one roll would be right. Unless the power says a feat roll is needed.
June 24, 2005 11:03AM
If you want to use them together I would make that a power stunt to be able to zap while punching. It is a disruption in concentration so would require some kind of difficulty setting. Maybe instead there is a -1cs to hit due to concentration.
Then you would use one roll to hit but resolve the damages differently. The main reason to resolve them as two attacks is due to the different damage types.
anon
June 26, 2005 08:45PM
thanks. anyone else?

I'm thinking I'll treat as a plasma attack. fair enough?

one often sees characters *punching* with fists wreathed in energy...
June 27, 2005 09:10AM
None of the powers in the subject are plasma based powers. Plasma in this game is typically radiation and/or heat based damage. It's an actual power. If you want to use the above and say that when attacking there is light radiating out of the attacker's hand that's fine. Make it look however you want.

Happy gaming!
anon
June 27, 2005 01:50PM
"due to the unique nature of this power [plasma], it does damage on two levels. the primary level is brute force; the field does power rank damage. there are also side-effects based upon the nature of each plasma bolt" (UPB, p. 28).
June 27, 2005 02:30PM
Yes, it would work similarly to the Plasma Generation power. I'm sorry I didn't understand your point earlier.

Happy gaming and make mine Marvel!
anon
June 27, 2005 03:17PM
I should have been clearer, sorry. thanks for the advice.
June 29, 2005 09:35PM
Your character's withering attack sounds pretty evil, I hope he has an appropriately disturbing name like the Living Cancer
June 30, 2005 05:33PM
I have done something simila with FLaming FOX,
he has sound gen AMA, health-drain MON , fire generation INC,

It would be one attack roll to hit,
You would need to do this as a power stunt. Thus spend karma until it is established.
The damage would stack as well due to the different types of attacks so it is conceiveable to do.
75 MON + 50 AMA + 40 INC = 165 pts of damage.

Now if the character being hit has some form of defense - Body armour you would have to get through the Armour to inflict the damage:
sound attack bypass most armour types - not all though.
Fire - if it did not get through the Armour then no damage.
Health Drain - if it did not get through the Armour then no damage.

Thus if your punch managed to breach the Armour then the rest of the damage would get through.
If not then the above would apply
anon
July 01, 2005 03:47PM
I'm now thinking I'll allow the touch attack to be combined with a punch without even a touch power FEAT roll.

to be combined with multiple punch attacks will require either its development as a stunt, however.

will use the one attack roll, but the two attacks need breach armor independently.

it's hardly unbalancing. it's less advantageous than hyper-strength, for instance, which grants the more effective attack, multiple attacks and health.

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.