Casting Spells?

Posted by Michael 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Michael
Casting Spells?
June 10, 2005 10:56AM
What is the MSH Power that allows a character to cast spells?

Michael
Re: Casting Spells?
June 10, 2005 11:04AM
There is no "power" per say, although there are a few magic related powers in the UPB. If you really want to get into the nitty gritty of magic in Marvel read the Realms of Magic set.

But who cares really 'cause Dr. Strange is a Pansy, right Warlock?
June 10, 2005 08:20PM
Blasphemy! Tormain may the Many Moons of Munnupor lodge themselves in your colon!

Micheal in the Advanced Set there was a Talent that would allow your character to someday aquire magic powers, ala Scarlett Witch, but no power that would just give you magical abilities.

DG X(

Marvel > DC
June 11, 2005 04:48PM
Gee I always thought it was:

"May your amulets never tingle"
~spiderman

Apperently anyone who has a mutant powers can cast spells they just can't do it well. I think it's just one of those things where if you can find a teacher and our willing to take your character out of game play for a few months to a year. You should be all set.
michael
June 11, 2005 05:41PM
Interesting. As far as I can tell, you're all right - the only way to cast spells is to get the Mystic Background Talent and find a teacher.

thanks!
Michael
June 11, 2005 10:03PM
Magic is another case where I felt Grubb needlessly constrained PCs. Yes, many of the MU mages had begun as Adepts under the tutelage of a Master, but that didn't have to be the limit. What of the self-taught or the randomly manifested wild talent?

Michael, if you have a copy of The Ultimate Powers Book, check the Magic Powers section (p39 original edition, p41 Zan edition).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2005 10:04PM by DavidEMartin.
michael
June 28, 2005 07:26PM
> Michael, if you have a copy of The Ultimate Powers
> Book, check the Magic Powers section (p39 original
> edition, p41 Zan edition).

Of course I've got two copies! thanks!

What is the "Zan" edition?

Michael
June 28, 2005 07:36PM
michael Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> > Michael, if you have a copy of The Ultimate
> Powers
> > Book, check the Magic Powers section (p39
> original
> > edition, p41 Zan edition).
>
> Of course I've got two copies! thanks!
>
> What is the "Zan" edition?
>
> Michael

The Zan edition is the version available from Zan's site, which contains the text of the first addenda article for the UPB added into the UPB pdf...

Here's a link:
[www.heroplay.com]
michael
June 30, 2005 05:01PM
> The Zan edition is the version available from
> Zan's site, which contains the text of the first
> addenda article for the UPB added into the UPB
> pdf...

Cool! Thank you! Do you know if there are any plans to add the powers from the 2nd and 3rd UPB addenda articles?

thanks!

June 30, 2005 05:40PM
michael Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> > The Zan edition is the version available
> from
> > Zan's site, which contains the text of the
> first
> > addenda article for the UPB added into the
> UPB
> > pdf...
>
> Cool! Thank you! Do you know if there are any
> plans to add the powers from the 2nd and 3rd UPB
> addenda articles?
>
> thanks!
>
>

You're welcome.

As far as I know, there aren't any plans for adding in the 2nd & 3rd addenda articles...

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.