Bravo's Ultimate Super Heroes, Villains & Vixens

Posted by true_dweomer 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Bravo's Ultimate Super Heroes, Villains & Vixens
June 05, 2005 01:17AM
Here are the lists that Bravo somehow came up with:

ULTIMATE SUPERHEROES
Indiana Jones
Batman
Spiderman
James Bond
Superman

6) Luke Skywalker
7) X-Men
8) The Incredibles
9) The Fantastic Four
10) The Hulk
11) Spawn
12) Hellboy
13) Flash Gordon
14) The Mask
15) Daredevil
16) The Tick
17) Austin Powers
18) Conan
19) Blade
20) Men in Black

ULTIMATE SUPERVILLIANS
Green Goblin
Lex Luthor
The Joker
The Terminator
Darth Vader

6) Chucky
7) The Riddler/The Penguin
8) Doc Oc
9) Dr. Doom
10) Hannibal Lecter
11) Freddie Kreuger
12) Dr. Evil
13) James Bond Villains
14) Magneto
15) The Mummy
16) Syndrome
17) Bullseye
18) Clown
19) Dracula
20) Jabba the Hutt

ULTIMATE SUPERVIXENS
Catwoman
Lara Croft
Xena
The Bond Girls
Buffy the Vampire Slayer

6) Charlie's Angels
7) Wonder Woman
8) Princess Leia Organa
9) Ripley
10) Storm
11) The Bionic Woman
12) Barb Wire
13) Red Sonja
14) Barbarella
15) Breathless Mahoney
16) The Women of Austin Powers
17) Mrs. Peel
18) Elektra
19) Mystique
20) The Bride

I think the Vixens are OK, but the other two lists are, of course, biased to recently, economically successful popular movies or TV shows. How would you guys change these lists? I don't see how you can have Freddy and not Jason, the Mummy and not Frankenstein, and not have ANY character from Tolkein's books. How about Dr. Moriarty? Your thoughts.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm the rest of his life
Re: Bravo's Ultimate Super Heroes, Villains & Vixens
June 05, 2005 11:53AM
I watched that and Indiana Jones wasn't number one. Spiderman was with Batman and Superman taking the next two spots.

DG X(

Marvel > DC
CROMM-WELL
June 05, 2005 11:32PM
See SUPER HERO HALL OF FAME thread for point/counterpoint arguements on this subject. It was a good thread but led to circular arguements and peoples own bias and definitions. This list adds movies, novels, pulps and radio for further discussion. these additions even got into the last thread even thou it was only meant for comic book created heroes.

the villians list looks interesting but I wonder , should not T.V. villians be included on list - some were more well known than a couple of there comic book counter parts?
June 07, 2005 08:19AM
Hunh, I was sure I'd posted this list here already. Ah, well.

How the frack do the Riddler & Penguin rate above Dr. Doom and Magneto? And how in the Nine Hells does Chucky outrank Freddy... or Dracula?!

"James Bond Villains" and "The Bond Girls"? Might as well put "The Masters of Evil" or "Tony Stark's Girlfriends"....

I wouldn't rank Conan or Indie or James Bond up there, since they're not really Superheroes. Or, rather, I don't consider them superheroes. Nor do I consider Jabba the Hutt a Supervillain.

Were I to make a list, I'd limit it to characters who initially/primarily appeared in comic books, since that's where the vast majority of Superheroes & Supervillains are.

June 07, 2005 12:48PM
it was a list made by a TV channel... of course it doesn't make sense.

I've long ago given up on the superhero shows or lists or whatever made by anyone not a comic nut.

plainly... they dont know what they are talking about and only take from one medium (live action). They dont ask comic geeks what they think and accept no input from anyone NOT a mainstream media or "normal" person (non comic, rpg types)

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.