Star Wars Episode 3

Posted by Redman II 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Star Wars Episode 3
May 27, 2005 09:58PM
All I was trying to say is that the series ended up being a love story and I didnt like that fact.

I dont think anyone here is really trashing the movie. Anyone. anywhere can say what they like and dont like about it. The movie was far better than EP's I & II. Though with something this big there are always expectations and some feel that they were let down by how the movie series went as a whole. I am not trying to sit here and say what was wrong with the movie rather what I thought could have been better. Isnt that what everyone does about everything?

All and all there were things that I liked and things that I didnt and to see him become all evil over a girl that he ended up doing what he did too was just BS IMO. Chosen one or no chosen one he made bad decisions not for love but out of stupidity. How can anyone think that going all evil and betraying your friends and loved ones is what your sig. other wants you to do and is ok with it?

Live Fast, Live Hard and Play it Loud
May 28, 2005 06:37AM
What, Sidious, should have driven him over the edge? A bad cup of tea? Being forced to get a well kept Jedi haircut instead of that insane mane he has now? Besides, if you watched the movie, instead of sitting there looking for things to pick apart you would have seen the turning point was Mace BREAKING THE CODE. If Mace had tried to hold the Emporer, instead of breaking his own vaunted rules, he would never have been killed by Anakin.

As far as Obiwan winning the duel with Anakin, (1) who else was going to do it and (2) who taught Anakin to use the lightsaber in the first dang place. The two had been protrayed as fairly equal throughout the movie, and had become representations of the opposite sides of the force in this conflict.

Referring to "upper ground" is a combat term which has been around forever meaning you have the advantage. Obiwan and Anakin knew if Anakin attacked at that point Obiwan had a clear opening but in his blind anger, the anger that destroyed himself and his wife, he did it anyway, resulting in he near destruction. A very poinant and well designed scene, IMO.

I do agree with Warlock that if you think that love is a weak reason for someone to become evil, then you have no concept of what love is.
May 28, 2005 08:46AM
Dude I have never said that love can not make you do crazy things or that he should not have gone evil over that. I think you all are missing what I am saying. All that I said was I didnt like that fact that it ended up being a love story.

There are many other things that could have caused him to become evil. I did watch the movie and have seen it more than once and I wasnt watching it to pick it apart. That is your opinion that Mace breaking the code is what turned him, I think what caused him to turn was that fact that if Mace killed Palpatine Anakin would not be able to save Padme. Anakin did not kill him, the Emperor did. Anakin only gave the Emperor the chance that he needed. WATCH THE MOVIE AGAIN. Anakin only cut off his hand, the Emperor did the rest. Anakin destroyed himself by going against the code and being selfish and not thinking clearly. Love can make you do that, I am not saying it wont but he would not even listen to her when she tried to explain that to him.

Again, I liked the movie just thought things could be better. I am sorry that I have offeneded so many Star Wars fans by expressing my opinions. Dude its just a god damn movie.

Sid

May 28, 2005 12:10PM
I am sorry that I have offeneded so many Star Wars fans by expressing my opinions.

Say three Hail Shmi, and 10 Lord Vader's prayers and all shall be forgiven. ;) j/k

Sorry if I started something here, but like my my post said my closing thoughts were more towards the movie reviews from fans in general and not aimed at those on these boards per say. Hell compared to what I've seen out there the reviews in here are a happy-happy-joy-joy walk thru a sunny field. I just felt the need to respond to a couple things that were said and while I was doing so my growing disgust with the uber fans out there in the big bad interweb couldn't help but leak out. It seems no matter what I like and what boards I go to (with this place being the exception) its flame fests and zealots and uber post-dissect and respond-repeat ad infinitum and it gets to me after a while.

*stands in cross-fire waving white flag*

Lets all have a drink and agree that Star Wars rocks. No matter your opinion on the movies I know for a fact that all of us at some point have tried to Jedi the remote across the room so we don't have to get up, and at the level of geekhood aren't we all truly brothers in nerd-like arms?
:!)-D

DG X(

Marvel > DC
May 28, 2005 02:20PM
Tormain, you said: if you watched the movie, instead of sitting there looking for things to pick apart you would have seen the turning point was Mace BREAKING THE CODE. If Mace had tried to hold the Emporer, instead of breaking his own vaunted rules, he would never have been killed by Anakin.

What about all the other times leading up to this that Anakin broke the Jedi laws? He slaughtered the Sand People. He killed Dookuu and then said I shouldn't have done that. So to say that is why he turned isn't accurate IMO. At that instant he wanted Palpatine alive to help him save Padme so he stopped Windu from killing him.

Anyone think that Windu could still be alive? He only fell out of the window.

What do people know about Lucas' upcoming tv series? I know it falls between ep. III and IV but not exactly where yet.
May 28, 2005 02:48PM
I was wondering the same thing Ty, I haven't heard anything about but that it takes place in the time you mentioned. Kinda disapointing really, I mean whats cooler in the SW universe than the Jedi and the show is gonna take place in the one time where there were none.

Boo!

I'd rather see it take place pre-episode one ala KOTOR.

DG X(

Marvel > DC
May 28, 2005 08:34PM
Straight up I am a serious SW fan and there was no offense taken from me. Everyone has their own opinions and I value others very much. It doesnt matter what anyone takes from what I said I liked the movie and saw it more than once. Just saying my thoughts. Peace out.

Nuff said.

Sid

May 29, 2005 05:37AM

> Anyone think that Windu could still be alive? He only fell out of the window.

That's true, you never see a body.

And didn't whats-his-face fall like a few miles and grab a moving vehicle and such? Of course, he had both arms... heh.
May 31, 2005 01:17PM
On a somewhat related note -- Grocery Store Wars!
May 31, 2005 04:56PM
That was awesome. Dude how did you find that?

Sid

May 31, 2005 08:31PM
fnord

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.