New MSH RPG on Project Genesis

Posted by SmartBomb 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
SmartBomb
New MSH RPG on Project Genesis
May 12, 2005 09:20PM
An insanely wealthy, anonymous benefactor selects a small crew to man and test-drive the Infinity Engine, a staggeringly high-order piece of theoretical technology capable of surfing dimensions.

The Infinity Engine throws our intrepid adventurers on a rollercoaster ride of dimensional shifts, only to return them to exactly where they started. The jaunt through a million dimensions occured in just under one minute. Outside of a vortex of light, sound and sensation, the crew of the Infinity Engine have no recollection of their experience.

Soon after, however, the crew begins exhibiting strange and fantastic new powers, apparently as they have been changed by their experiences. Maybe it was weird radiations, inexplicable dimensional fluxes, psyche-swapping with aliens, an alternate divergent lifetime realized--who knows, but the adventurers are in our world now. Heaven help them.

And so begins The Infinity Crew, an ongoing campaign that I envision as an updated version of the Fantastic Four taken to its inevitable bizarre end.

Ideally, the Infinity Crew would start out as normal humans, though it would stand to reason these 'normals' would represent some use to an experiment such as this. It stands to reason, for instance, that a theoretical physicist, astronaut, linguist or cosmologist would be chosen before, say, a fashion model, gang member or soldier.

Does the Infinity Crew involve the Marvel Universe? Possibly. Though an element of the campaign may involve some dimension-hopping, during which anything is possible, the main storyline is not part of the mainstream MU. This also marks the PCs as their world's first superhumans.

What will the Infinity Crew do? That's a good question. Initially, the game will revolve around the PCs discovering how the Infinity Engine has changed them. Discovery will remain a constant theme. From there, however, we might take the game in any direction.

Are you in? Post here, or drop me a private line. Either way, I'd like to hear your ideas.
SmartBomb
Re: New MSH RPG on Project Genesis
May 18, 2005 08:53AM
bump.
May 19, 2005 04:05AM
Smartbomb,

Sounds interesting. Any more info on setting up?

Your Humble Servant,

Gene
May 19, 2005 04:38AM
I may be interested in joining another PbP, I'm in one (as BlackRaven but you knew that) but I want MORE!!!::!o) but I would prefer more details of this game before I decide if'n I want in.

First off, what level of character would these be? Would they be fighting supervillians or dealing with home problems? Is it going to be lighthearted or dark and gritty?

A little more detail would help me come up with a character, and if I come up with a character then I'll almost definitely be in.
Moryssa2
May 22, 2005 07:36PM
Since my schedule's finally calming down, I'll be interested (and available) to play. I love personal discovery-based stories.
May 23, 2005 03:18PM
Mory,

Does this mean you are going to post in Tigg and My games? LOL :D
May 23, 2005 04:26PM
PbP?

DG X(

Marvel > DC
May 23, 2005 04:41PM
Warlock,

If you mean Play by Post, then the answer is Yep. It is a yahoo based group
that I started and have referred to several times here. Mostly in the Favorites
Forum. I post once or twice a week normally. But occasionally, like this week I can get online more often.
Moryssa2
May 23, 2005 11:04PM
Maybe, maybe not :P. Actually, I posted in Tigg's already and for yours I'm not a fan of one-liners so I'd rather just be skipped over until something else comes up. Plus, with 6 outta 76 Health left, I wouldn't be feeling very chatty anywho.
May 25, 2005 12:38PM
LOL..Ok Mory. Will do.
May 31, 2005 03:08AM
Hey SmartBomb

I'm still waiting for you to tell me how many categories you need on this new board for the new MSH game!? I'll need titles for each category too.

Cheers

Afadhali kufa kuliko kuaibika
(Better dead than ashamed)
SmartBomb
June 03, 2005 05:21PM
Prospective players should join Project:Genesis and drop me a private message with their normal human character.

Keep in mind that this is a scientific exploratory journey. While it's possible to have a gun-toting former SEAL in the crew, it's far more likely that you're a systems analyst or physicist. You will start out very normal, but will develop powers quickly. Even there, you will take a long journey of self-discovery, and will be fairly low-powered to start. As things progress, however, and as you are unveiled as the world's first superheroes, you'll be more along the lines of, say, the Fantastic Four, the Justice League and even the Authority. I have long-term development in mind for anyone coming aboard.

This game will have combat, but combat is secondary to telling the story. Most of the interactions will not involve you using any sort of powers, and indeed, much of the RP isn't even about being superheroes per se. I make it a point to keep dice rolling to a minimum.

The guys over at Project: Genesis run a great resource board. I plan on bringing a bit stranger element to the board, but one that's pretty diehard.

FYI, since it's a community-based story, I would like to expect everyone playing to be able to post once per day. I knwo RL stuff gets in the way, but if you can't regularly commit to posting a paragraph or so on a daily basis, then perhaps this game isn't for you.

I'm looking for 5 serious players. I hope that's you.

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.