What's this? A new Classic MSH netbook?!

Posted by Kythri 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
What's this? A new Classic MSH netbook?!
December 28, 2004 09:56PM
Well, it's been a LOOOOONG time since I've posted a new PDF - Last May, to be exact.

TONS AND TONS AND TONS OF THANKS to Niniri, who over a week ago uploaded the file that I finally got around to breaking apart and posting today!!

She uploaded us The Uncanny X-Men Box Set, which consists of three books:

Campaign Book
Roster Book
Adventure Book

I've put them up at [www.marvelrpg.net] for you to download.

The Adventure Book is done uploading, and the other two will be done uploading within the next 30-45 minutes, so I'd reccomend waiting until then.

Normally, I'd wait to post until all were uploaded completely, but with the way things are, I'd be called off for a matter of national security or something and forget to post anything about it.

So, enjoy, and don't forget the big ups for Niniri!
Re: What's this? A new Classic MSH netbook?!
December 29, 2004 03:51AM
I'm currently converting this over to a text and graphics layout. Don't ask me when it'll be finished. It will get completed at some point in the future.

Afadhali kufa kuliko kuaibika
(Better dead than ashamed)
December 29, 2004 04:36AM
I've already scanned over the entirety of the Deluxe City Campaign set. At the moment, the two books are broken down chapter-by-chapter into smaller pdf's, and the poster-sized maps are done in sections (jpg's).

Unfortunately, the program I used made fairly LARGE pdf's, so I've sent the files over to Silverback in the hopes that he can condense them into more manageable pdf's.

Fwiw, I "chopped" up one of the poster map sheets into sections, just of the relevent maps on that sheet.

That should be coming sometime in the near future...
December 29, 2004 07:41AM
Thank you Kythri. I haven't seen this in years. It's nice to now have it in my collection.

Gerrod

If electricity comes from electrons; does that mean that morality comes from morons? G. Carlin
December 29, 2004 08:10AM
Hey, if anyone decides to "upgrade" any of the PDF's I have on my site (by upgrade, I mean, make a PDF text searchable), let me know, and I'll post it!
December 29, 2004 08:16AM
Thanks millions :)

One question (as I DL it) is this the same thing as the X-Forces box?

=-=-=-=-=-=
Earth Alpha
=-=-=-=-=-=
December 29, 2004 09:14AM
AslanC wrote:

> Thanks millions :)
>
> One question (as I DL it) is this the same thing as the
> X-Forces box?
>

No, the Uncanny X-Men boxed set was something different from the X-Forces: Mutant Update. Not sure which came first, but I'm thinking X-Forces came first.

Somewhere out there the X_Forces is floating around as a PDF; I got a partial DL of it from WinMX, but haven't been able to find it since...
xmanalb
December 29, 2004 01:06PM
The X-Men boxed set came before the X-forces, hence the name Mutant Update. I have both.
December 29, 2004 05:41PM
I'm constantly looking for the X-forces boxset--if ANYone has it scanned, I'd happily turn it into a PDF!!!

Please email me if you do--or if you have a scanner and are WILLING to scan
the darned boxset, I'll do the rest of the work!!!

Niniri
December 29, 2004 05:42PM
I'm constantly looking for the X-forces boxset--if ANYone has it scanned, I'd happily turn it into a PDF!!!

Please email me if you do--or if you have a scanner and are WILLING to scan
the darned boxset, I'll do the rest of the work!!!

Niniri
December 29, 2004 09:23PM
unfortunately they are too large for dial up down load

Fangs
>>| |-- ::!o --||<<
"Yes it the Game has bugs"
"I like mine squished"
"Bon Appetite!"
January 03, 2005 02:02PM
I'm pretty sure I have the X-Forces box set. (There are only 2 mutant box sets right?) I'll check when I get home.
I'll try to set time to scan them in and send them to you. I've avoided it up until now due to the time constraints of making them text/graphics.

==
Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur. (Translation: Everything said in Latin
sounds profound.)
January 04, 2005 06:08PM
Most excellent, MIC. I'll do what I can once I get info from ya!

Niniri
January 20, 2005 06:09PM
I've created a sample of my capabilities. I think that I might be able to straighten it a little bit but otherwise I'm not sure I can get it much better.

Let me know what you think.

Xforces Sample

==
Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur. (Translation: Everything said in Latin
sounds profound.)
Brannon
January 28, 2005 05:44PM
When was this X-Men box set originally released?
January 29, 2005 02:15PM
Readable, O.K. by me
January 29, 2005 03:35PM
This was orginally released in 1993-94

Niniri, who was working at the venerable Wargames West when it came out...
January 29, 2005 04:34PM
Holy Crap!!:-o
An involuntary absence of six months and look at the stuff I miss out on....
Gonna haveta work overtime to catch back up........:cry:

Kythri and Niniri....keep up the good work:bow::bow:
January 30, 2005 06:01PM
Heya, and welcome back Redman II!

I'm working on trying to locate...or get somebody to scan...a copy
of the X-forces Box set... :)

Niniri
February 04, 2005 07:08AM
thanx for the welcome back sentiment, Niniri....:)

sorry it took so long to respond, but I've been busy with work and trying to reacquire numerous files that I lost when my old computer died.....

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.