cityofheroes, and task forces?

Posted by frank sasso 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
frank sasso
cityofheroes, and task forces?
August 30, 2004 08:26AM
:no-no-no: is this a no-=no at this site??? wondering if you guys are as big coh fans as i am. love the game. i read two or three MARVEL comics and log on. my name is telluric. is there some way the higher-ups or gurus here whom we seek out for info can post some names and lvls to hook up with online? is there a super hero team involved in any of these players???

finally, how do task forces work? you have to be on a team, and it takes a bunch of heroes, but how do you initiate one? the prima guide said there was one called positron in steel canyon. any info or comments on the best mog going?

:bow:all praise the classic marvel super heroes bosses:bow:
Re: cityofheroes, and task forces?
August 30, 2004 11:19AM
heh, while not a NO-NO it doesn't get much press.

I play to i'm a rabid Comic character modeler. Characters include, Timber.Wolf (lvl 6), Wyld-fire (lvl10), .Hyperion (lvl5), Sidious. (lvl20) . I'm on Triumph server.

as for task forces, you need min 3 people, have to be in steel canyon so you can talk to positron and then do what he says.

I suggest for a team make up: 3 blasters, 1 defender & 1 Controller, 2 tankers or 1 tanker 1 scrapper)

positron gives a long mission, but it does get you initiated in the ways of TFs. the next one is Synapse in Skyway, his mission is all about Clockworks and in one of them you get to fight the 40ft tall Babage, it's fun.

minimum level for a TF should be around 11-12 depending on how you build you character.
August 30, 2004 01:08PM
Boo-yah. Good to see another CoH fan.

-Xorex, level 14 Emp. Defender on the Protector server lft...

I HAVE COME TO REAP THE SOULS OF THE LIVING!!!!!
And perhaps, order a burger.
frank sasso
August 30, 2004 02:01PM
so as long as i have a decent team size, well balanced (thanx for the suggestion), and have a valid superhero team, where do i find positron????
never understood this, wasn't explained in the prima guide.
I'm a lvl 17 tank named telluric stone/energy melee tanker from liberty server.
thanx for the info sidious. i plan on making my superhero team tonight.
thanx for the info again, and hopefully with the comic minds on this site, we can create a coh character database of sorts
August 30, 2004 02:51PM
I want this game so bad, I drool when i think that i am getting it in 24 days...this is the next time i get payed.

I was hooked to this game when i saw the screenshots...are the game graphics as good as the screenshots...?

Also do you have trouble with choppy servers or even choppy computers...my computer is not the fastest out their (like 900 mgh) if this is not enough then it will be January before i can get the game.

[img220.echo.cx]
August 30, 2004 03:38PM
Yes to the screenshots...I'm thinking that they are all in-game. Don't get the wrong idea-there are no, I mean NO facial expressions beyond what you pick or stuff like that, but it really dosn't dtract from the overall experience.

I HAVE COME TO REAP THE SOULS OF THE LIVING!!!!!
And perhaps, order a burger.
August 30, 2004 06:59PM
you know guys... we could start our own Supergroup on this, kind of a Classic Marvel representing thing.

if you guys are game for it that is. we could also model the characters like comic characters.

just remember no capes until lvl 20 (when they start it that is). we could all have starting lvl characters or near starting lvl with each other.

just an idea.
frank sasso
August 31, 2004 08:39AM
i like the idea of a classic marvel superhero team...coh frowns upon modeling after superheroes, but i've seen so many magneto and captain america ripoffs it's ridiculous. how many of you are on liberty??? where do most of you cohers get served???? haven't heard anyone from liberty yet. i can start another character in another server, but would rather wait and see where everyone is??
August 31, 2004 10:58AM
Most of my characters are on Victory, but we get a bunch of people who want to form a Classic Marvel Superhero group I could care less which server its on

we could pick a Hero Team to emulate

X-men
Avengers
Shiar Imperial Guard.....I love Gladiator.

Or create our own.

"To win without risk is to triumph without glory"
August 31, 2004 11:34AM
I'm totally on triumph.

and i aggree, even if they frown on modeling after comic characters i've seen my share of them too.

well lets decide on a server and get the ball rolling.
August 31, 2004 02:53PM
Can i join when i get the game...i would love to play with ya'll.

[img220.echo.cx]
frank sasso
September 02, 2004 06:14AM
i've heard two triumphs, protector, and enforcer i think. i'm on liberty...so should we go with triumph? starting out at the same levels wouyld be kinda fun. what team should we emulate??? i vote the x-men, but i'm open to anything...the avengers might be fun too. should we discuss characters and fitting them into archetypes?
September 02, 2004 10:43AM
my vote is for something along the lines of avengers/X-men forever or maybe Exiles. it's hard to get an exact dupe on the servers and the little differences can really be easy to explain away
frank sasso
September 02, 2004 11:03AM
sounds good to me. we could rollcall avengers/x-men possibilities to see what would match up? rogue would be a female tanker who could fly (how to do power absorption?), wolvie's obviously a scrapper, cyke is a blaster (can even put a visor on him) the prof would be a controller...maybe it won't be as hard as i think it will.....let's get this rolling, becuase i'm at lvl 18 tanker and i screwed up a few things along the way, and am dying to try a blaster type..
what you think sidious and xanatos?
September 02, 2004 11:47AM
I play on Triumph. Colossuss Invulnerability/Super Strength Tank (Level 41 now). heh is SUper Strength anything but in COH.
frank sasso
September 02, 2004 12:00PM
wow, lvl 41. what's it like way up there? do you have a cape? are your power trays filled?
September 02, 2004 12:07PM
capes have only just been released onto the test server, not on live yet. Not bothered doing the mission on test, as Colossus doesnt wear a cape.

Being level 41 feels the same as being 31, not much difference really. Don't die much (which is nice) as Tanks (Non Fire ones anyway) level exceedingly slowly.
September 02, 2004 12:52PM
I think this is a great idea and would be interested in making a team.
I play on the Victory server and often team up with Consumate.

Improvision, not rote responses, is what seperates a Warrior from a WeaponsMaster- Drizzt Do'urden
September 03, 2004 06:11AM

Triumph sounds fine.

if you want to vote on what team I vote Avengers.

No Captain America's though, seen to many.

My e-mail is available to anyone who wants to organize this.

"To win without risk is to triumph without glory"
frank sasso
September 05, 2004 05:31PM
count me in ....triumph it is i thiunk the avengers would be a good team choice b/c of the lengthy roster over the years. NO CAPS!!!!!!!
my vote is avengers too..........shall we reconnoiter on who gets who? or should we post votes? what to do from here...
definitely wanna be a blaster.....tanks lvl slow and don't do alot of damage, though you don't die as often.:)

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.