Save the Site Foundation

Posted by Warlock 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Financial options
March 19, 2004 12:32AM
DEM,

Thanks man. GOOD idea. I'm embaraased not to have thought of it myself. I'll e-mail Auntie with a request for his snail mail addy and pop out that money order. Thanks again.

G

If electricity comes from electrons; does that mean that morality comes from morons? G. Carlin
Re: Save the Site Foundation
March 19, 2004 01:05AM
I've already contributed $5 today, and I'll contribute more as I can. Aunt P., please let us know when we've made this year's bill, or how much more is needed etc. If I only had all the money my grandparents gave to Jim and Tammy Baker in the 80s....
When I was a kid
March 19, 2004 07:23AM
And my Mom was trying to get me to lose weight, she pointed out that 12 cents bought two candy bars and a couple Pixie Stix or it could buy a comic book.

I was thinking of that when I noticed I spend about $70 a month at the comics shop. So using Mama Martin's substitution query, supporting ClassicMarvel and Auntie P. is very doable.

Geez, I sound like I'm verging on PBS Pledge Drive patter.....

Anyway, I've made my donation, as promised/threatened, and I thank everyone who have chipped in as well. We're a helluva nice buncha guys!

Re: When I was a kid
March 19, 2004 11:14AM
...and gals....what few of us there may be.... ;-);-)

Niniri
March 19, 2004 05:00PM
It truly surprises me when I find acutal women online, I always assume it's a guy posing as a chik.

DG X(

Marvel > DC
March 20, 2004 07:43PM
regarding the Save the Site Foundation.....anyone have any idea where we're at on that?
i just made a small donation via paypal myself and was kinda curious.....

Niniri: don't worry...you, Moryssa, and any other ladies willing to lower themselves to hanging out with us will always be appreciated.....:)

I can resist everything except temptation--Oscar Wilde
xmanalb
March 20, 2004 08:04PM
No doubt about it!!!
The tally thus far
March 20, 2004 08:19PM
I count four revealed amounts totalling $77 and six unrevealed amounts. Assuming each unrevealed amount is at least $5, that means we've passed $107!!!!!!
:bounce::bounce::bounce:
Yay for us!
And there are several vows of future payment! :bounce::bounce::bounce:
Even more Yay for Us!
I don't know what kind of fees PayPal is taking for currency conversion, but that shouldn't be too usurious.
:bow::bow::bow:

Re: The tally thus far
March 20, 2004 08:24PM
actually, Dave, i managed to scrounge up $20 at the moment, so we're slightly farther ahead.....:bounce::bounce::bounce:

I can resist everything except temptation--Oscar Wilde
Even better!
March 20, 2004 08:56PM
That makes six public donations totalling $117!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Break out the champagne and hankies!
:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:
:bounce::bounce::bow::bounce::bounce:
:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

Post Edited (03-20-04 19:57)

March 20, 2004 09:08PM
We like you Auntie P, we really like you! :cry:

DG X(

Marvel > DC
Now set your calendars for February 2005
March 22, 2004 01:06AM
And make a note to make a donation next year.

March 22, 2004 04:11AM
Hope my $30 helps keep this great site alive. Make mine Marvel!

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.