Galactus slammed???

Posted by Cromm-Well 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Galactus slammed???
January 03, 2008 01:20PM
um, you missed the point.

anyway the specific action cromm-well discussed is Cap's shield used like a coin/disc under galactus's foot while he is stepping- similar to when people trip and fall on a marble or a round stone- this of course was with Cap's high roll and a missed roll according to rule mechanics + the Scarlet Witch!!! using her power.

the general point was about oral narrative and story use to explain certain fair but odd dice rolls in a " Role Playing Game "

as you know any gamemaster may make or rule in any fashion he/she wishes.

As far as your general rule of thumb about slams and Martial arts A and D - thats fine and I can go along with that.
January 03, 2008 01:37PM
Galactus weighs Tons :D:D:D
January 03, 2008 02:42PM
Captain America's only going to strain himself behind his shield (Red Strength FEAT for Strength +1CS Blocking feat) to remain standing when one ton drops on his shield from above.

Galactus weighs 300 tons (at his smallest size).

Captain America thumbtack.

-----
"Batman and Captain America are the key to everything" - Alexander Luthor Jr. of Earth-Blue3/Red616, on merging the Purple Multiverse
January 03, 2008 04:09PM
Galactus needs to cut back on high fat planets like Earth and join Jenny Craig.

Re: Beyonders correction.
January 03, 2008 10:53PM
Again Beyonders - not the point or didn't you read the whole post or scan the other threads or the point about oral narrative or Scarlet Witch or GM storytelling or etc etc.

Also- not that it matters based on what the thread is really about but... Galactus size varies and can be as small as 10.9 feet.

And his standard height is 28'.9" and weighs 18.2 tons according to the Marvel Universe deluxe edition handbook. NOT 300 TONS. although it can be that high except this is still not what it's about.

also did you skip over my point about I agree with your "rule of thumb" on Martial arts A and D??? and if I did NOT what would it matter?

ya see it's about dice rolls and story interpratation of results of those rolls by the GM - the Galactus Slammed is more a metaphor and extreme example of this. Not to be taken as the specific point.

Technically a GM can rule that certain actions and results can happen without rule mechanics or dice rolls at all seeing as how it's a ROLE PLAYING GAME BASED ON ORAL NARRATIVE AN SUBJECTIVE TRUTH -Galactus being unimportant in this case.

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.