Need help identifying these characters

Posted by Punstarr 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Need help identifying these characters
July 31, 2007 05:01PM
Ok, I have no idea who these 5 characters are. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Re: Need help identifying these characters
July 31, 2007 05:18PM
Number 2 is Prodigy (not Spider-man but the second one), Number 4 is Coldblood 7, not sure about the others.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Godiva Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Seraphim Character Sheet

[www.furaffinity.net] Art by Marvel Comic's artist Rusty Haller!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Sappho Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Cornucopia Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmares of Futures Past Ongoing Story

[www.classicmarvel.com] - There is no such thing as too powerful Forum Thread
July 31, 2007 05:20PM
Number 2 is Prodigy.

Prodigy is the name used by three fictional characters in the Marvel Universe. The first Prodigy was Spider-Man in disguise, the second has superhuman physical abilities, and the third was a mutant with a superhuman intellect.

David Alleyne:
[en.wikipedia.org]
July 31, 2007 05:21PM
Ha! That's funny! Nightmask on my trail beatin me to the punch!
July 31, 2007 05:23PM
So which of the second 2 is this Prodigy?

July 31, 2007 05:33PM
Well I thought I'd been clear about it being the 2nd Prodigy, i.e. the one who took up the identity first provided by Spider-Man.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

July 31, 2007 05:35PM
Yeah but you hadn't mentioned that there were 3 of em... I understood that it wasn't the first one (Spidey), but I just wanted to clarify.

Another question... was the Black Knight on Cap's side? What about Sersi?

...and what the heck was that Jewish heroine's name? Selena?

July 31, 2007 05:37PM
Well I'd asked in a previous posting about the entire line-up in that same picture myself, although with slightly different questions. Although there were four identities Spider-man had during that brief period, not three. I can't remember the names of them all but Prodigy and Stinger were two of them, and at one point just to be nuts they had him pretend to be all four at the same time during a super-powered conflict, rapidly shifting costumes to make it appear like they had to be four distinct characters. Later after using that to test reader responses they brought out the four kids empowered with all the powers and identities Spider-man created as part of a devious demonic plot by Mephisto at the behest of a WWII era super-hero lusting after his lost glory and wanting to mentor a new group of heroes.

-- Peter David

July 31, 2007 05:40PM
Sabra is the most well known as a jewish Superhero (the Thing is the most well known but almost no one knows he's jewish), and I hadn't known there was a third Prodigy, and I think Black Knight escaped choosing sides by being in England with Excalibur, and I haven't seen anything aboug Sersi in a LONG time but given that Eternals tend to focus on staying uninvolved in human affairs and focus on the Deviants I think the SRA likely doesn't mess with them, plus it's risky trying to enslave them anyway.

-- Peter David

July 31, 2007 05:53PM
Well I asked about the Black Knight because of this... it looks an awful lot like him.

July 31, 2007 07:15PM
Hmmmmm, that is similar, although wouldn't be the first time an artist included a character that was later placed squarely by continuity outside the area where he was shown in a cameo. One of the biggest was showing the Silver Surfer attending the death of the original Captain Mar-Vell, when he was trapped on earth at the time.

They eventually did a retcon to explain that as being a hidden Super-Skrull agent configured to look like the Silver Surfer who attended (or an alternative form that is as he originally looked like Devil Slayer but as he surprisingly enough actually attended the skrull had to take a form that couldn't have been there and simply lied that Galactus gave him a short reprieve to attend).

-- Peter David

July 31, 2007 10:55PM
nope, thats not the black knight, thats the Black Crow [en.wikipedia.org]
July 31, 2007 11:12PM
Ahhh, ok. Thanks much.

July 31, 2007 11:20PM
Nice to know, although seeing him captured and enslaved by the SRA is depressing.

-- Peter David

August 01, 2007 01:14AM
Alright, with the help of a few people as well as my copy of Civil War: Battle Damage Report, I've managed to identify all 5 of the above heroes...

1 Lectronn

2 Prodigy

3 Gladiatrix

4 Coldblood 7

5 Network

Thanks all for the help! :)

Man... none of those guys have stats... I checked this site, Ty's site and Ben's site. Nothing... :(

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2007 01:21AM by Punstarr.
Sersi
August 01, 2007 08:13AM
During the Eternals Limited by Neil Gaiman and JR jr, Sersi was approached by Iron Man to be inducted into the SRA, but the Eternals at thyat point seemed to have some sort of amnesiatic something-or-other happening, so they didn't quite remember who they actually were so SWersi just kind of blew him off as a crack pot.

I didn't finish that limited series though, so I don't know how everything panned out.

Re: Sersi
August 01, 2007 10:34AM
Ahh cool.

So since that wasn't him with Cap, where -is- Black Knight now?

August 01, 2007 10:43AM
In England exploring a mystery around the Ebony Sword, as his brief time in the past with the rest of Excalibur where he met one of the previous Black Knights he ended up with the confusing belief after touching that blade that the blade he has is not the Ebony Blade, yet it must be. So he's trying to work out how there could somehow be two blades when there must be one (apparently he's forgotten that his extradimensional counterpart Proctor brought his own blade to the Earth-616 continuity, so could easily be that blade or another blade from another continuity if what he holds isn't the blade from the 616 continuity).

-- Peter David

August 01, 2007 10:49AM
He seems to be ignoring the whole SRA thing though?

August 01, 2007 11:23AM
Well he's in another country and since I doubt he has to come to the US to explore his mystery I doubt it bothers him. I don't know if he'd register or not but he has no secret identity to hide and as long as he didn't do anything super-heroic inside the US he's not legally required to register or serve (although not like those handling the SRA have been bothering much with either the law or what's moral).

-- Peter David

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.