Darkseid

Posted by Punstarr 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Darkseid
March 31, 2007 02:18PM
So I was having a debate on my comic_geeks yahoogroup about a bout between Thanos and Darkseid, and used this site's stats as partial reference. Based solely on that, it would seem Thanos would make a bloody smear out of Darkseid, but it was pointed out that Darkseid's power level has dropped considerably over the years while Thanos' has risen to godlike proportions. They often cite that the "old" Darkseid was far more powerful and he'd smite Thanos like a rotten tomato. Well having never read any DC comics, I don't know... so can anyone post what they think Darkseid's "old" beefier stats would be in the MSHRPG system? Thanks much.
Re: Darkseid
March 31, 2007 04:29PM
I'm not sure about the stats, but both characters are alike enough (hence Thanoseid during the Brothers crossover event/Amalgam universe) to be roughly the same power levels. It's a bit odd though if they have in fact been weakening Darkseid, considering his value as a master villain.

Then again I was thinking Thanos was bumped up a bit much here on the site and elsewhere. Admittedly after having had the Cosmic Cube, Infinity Gauntlet, Reality Gem, AND Heart of the Universe, he likely would have improved himself each chance he had, just in case he lost the power (as he did each time).
March 31, 2007 06:06PM
Yeah, check out the listed stats for each as it stands (just FASERIP)...

Darkseid:

<p>Fighting Amazing
<p>Agility Incredible
<p>Strength Unearthly
<p>Endurance Unearthly
<p>Reason Monstrous
<p>Intuition Monstrous
<p>Psyche Unearthly

Thanos:

<p>Fighting Monstrous
<p>Agility Remarkable
<p>Strength Shift-Y
<p>Endurance Class 1000
<p>Reason Monstrous
<p>Intuition Incredible
<p>Psyche Unearthly

Based on FASERIP alone, Thanos way outclasses Darkseid. I wonder what Darkseid's stats were before...

Although I do think Thanos' stats above are quite appropriate. The Silver Surfer hit him with everything he had, and Thanos calmly replied, "are you finished?"... even Galactus is careful when dealing with Thanos.

Plus he cheated the devil, which in and of itself is just awesome. *points down*

[www.angelfire.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2007 06:13PM by Punstarr.
March 31, 2007 07:25PM
This is what I have for Darkseid, stats done a long time ago.

F- MN (75)

A- IN (40)

S- UN (100)

E- UN (100)

R- MN (75)

I- IN (40)

P- MN (75)

H- 315

K- 190

R- CL. 1000

P- (-100)

Powers: Continuum Control SH-X (150)

Dimension Travel RM

Regeneration RM

Warp CL. 5000

True Invulnerability MN (75)

Limitation: Continuum Control, Dimension Travel, and Warp are all powered by X-Element, which he absorbs into his body.

The Omega Effect

Darkseid can scatter a person's atoms across the cosmos with Continuum Control. Later, he can reconstruct the victim. His powers can affect targets well beyond his line of sight (up to 1,024,000 miles) and even reach out into other dimensions.

Talents: Leadership, all Science skills.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2007 07:26PM by tystates.
March 31, 2007 07:31PM
That still seems very substandard to Thanos' stats. I'm told he was a literal god in the 70s and 80s.
April 06, 2007 08:38AM
Darkseid was/is still a god, just like Highfather & the other New Olympians. Back before the first Crisis, he was a major badass, both stronger/tougher and faster than even Superman. owadays, due in part to the DC Animated Universe stuff, he's more an equal to Superman, at least in terms of personal power; he's not done any of his pre-Crisis stuff (like using his Omega Beams to mutate babies into engines of destruction) in decades.
April 06, 2007 09:37AM
Ok, so what would you put his stats at pre Crisis?

April 06, 2007 10:08AM
Around about what Thanos's are now. And "Continuum Control" = pretty much anything Molecule Man can do.
April 07, 2007 01:56AM
I don't think I'd put Darkseid as Molecule Man level even before the DC downsizing of its heroes and villains, Thanos level is more fitting. Darkseid's never been shown to be able to affect matter or energy on the scale the Molecule Man could. Generally he's shown must like Thanos, and vice versa (although at least Thanos finally started trying to be good and give up on evil).
April 07, 2007 09:58AM
Pre-crisis would equal the first ed of the DC Mayfair game right? so all one needs to do is find the first ed stats for Darkseid and make a straight conversion based on the numbers, without editing them to fit any version or what not.

working from that premise here is my conversion of a pre-crisis Darkseid, without any fluff. DC Stats are in ().

F: Mn/75 (Dex: 23)

A: MN/75 (Dex: 23)

S: Am/50 (Str: 18)

E: CL 3000 (Body: 46)

R: Mn/75 (Int[20] + Aura[20] + Mind[30]/3)

I: Mn/75 (Initiative[59]/3)

P: Un/100 (Infl[16] + Will[32] + Spirit[30]/3)

Health: 3200

Resources: CL1000

Popularity: 0/-100

Powers:

Fear Aura: Am/50 (17 APs)

Continuum Control: CL 5000 (60 APs)

Control: Ex/20 (5 APs)

Invulnerability: Sh X/150 (38 APs, combine his 15 APs of skin armor)

* Immortality

* Life Support: Am/50 (18 APs)

Life Sense: Mn/75 (19 APs)

Mind Blast: Am/50 (18 APs)

Mind Probe: Mn/75 (20 APs)

Object Awareness: Sh X/150 (32 APs)

Suspension: Sh X/150 (32 APs)

Telepathy: Sh X/150 (32 APs)

True Sight: Am/50 (18 APs)

Warp: SH X/150 (32 APs)

Talents: Persuasion, Intimidation, Leadership (Charisma: 15 AP)

There even showed you the math. I found these stats in the first ed Legion source book, and yeah he's much more powerful then than now. The powers are pretty self explainitory. Invulnerability has always been a P.I.T.A. so work that how you will.

Personally I like my old conversion of the big D more.

F: In/40 he is at the peak of human accomplishment

A: In/40 easily as quick as the most well trained human

S: Mn/75 Possessed of considerably inhuman might

E: Un/100 never tires

R: Am/50 a devious and calculating mind

I: Am/50 senses that are very accute

P: Un/100 a virtually closed mind, not even the slightest emotion slips from him

Health: 255

Resources: N/A he rules a planet.... give him what he needs.

Popularity: -40 (general Earth Population); -100 (new Genesis & others)

Powers:

Invulnerability: Mn/75; very few things can even HOPE to injure Darkseid. (doomsdays claws being one of them)

Regeneration: Rm/30; He heals quickly like most New Gods.

Gateway: CL 5000; Darkseid can open "Boom Tubes" over distances spanning galaxies.

* Dimension Travel: Rm/30; His Boom Tubes may also pierce the dimensional wall with slightly less ease as normal space

Continuum Control: Shift X/150; by absorbing the "X-element" into his body Darkseid has gained tremendous control over matter and Space/Time itself. he may do all of the following at power rank ability and Strength:

* Healing (Damage Transference): He may heal others up to his rank number in health per application of this power.

* Energy Blast: he may let loose bolts of energy from his body at up to ShX/150 intensity

* Matter manipulation: he may alter the shape and substance of matter with rank level ability

* Regeneration: he may supercharge his own healing up to his rank number

* Teleportation: he may teleport wherever he wishes up to shift X ability.

* Time Travel: He may cross the very fabric of time.

* Omega Effect: He may unleash these from his eyes at a target. They cause ShX energy damage and should their target dodge them by making an Unearthly Feat roll, the beams will continue to seek them out regardless of distance or dimension.

Should a being die due to the Omega Effect they are instantly disintegrated and may be later restructured by Darkseid.

Limitations: Darkseid's Continuum Control, Warp and Dimension Travel powers are all fueled by X-Element which he absorbs into his body. He must occasionally replenish the element within his body. to do this he must return to his fortress in Armagetto and undergo a process that takes approximately 1 hour.

Talents: Leadership; Intimidation; Apokolipian Science

Contacts: Apoklips (high); Darkseid's Elite (high); Orion (low, very low); Lex Luthor (high)

"No where to hide. No place to run. Your village will BURN like the heart of the SUN!" - Richard, Head warlock of the Brotherhood of Darkness, Lord of the 13 Hells, Master of the Bones, Emperor of the Black, Lord of the Undead, Lord of the Dance.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2007 10:02AM by Lord_Sidious.
April 18, 2007 04:27PM
Old Darkseid would probaley kill Thanos,but know I would give Thanos this one.
April 26, 2007 11:10PM
Punstarr Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ok, so what would you put his stats at pre Crisis?
They would be the same. The crisis on infinite earths had no effect on darkside or his reality. It was not part of the dc realities that where merged into one.
April 27, 2007 12:17AM
The same as he is today? A relatively low powered guy in a business suit?

April 28, 2007 12:03AM
Punstarr Wrote:
> The same as he is today? A relatively low powered
> guy in a business suit?
the stats he has are for ds before the business suite. which is probably a a result of our worlds at war defiantly not crisis.

[en.wikipedia.org]
April 28, 2007 12:26PM
I've already read all that. It doesn't tell me anything about his power level now in comparison to his old 70s and 80s power level.

April 28, 2007 09:57PM
Punstarr Wrote:
> I've already read all that. It doesn't tell me
> anything about his power level now in comparison
> to his old 70s and 80s power level.

he is on par with superman but stronger.
you asked for post crisis darkseid. that is the same as his old version. Crisis had no effect on him.
April 29, 2007 08:54AM
Ah, well a lot of people consider anything past the 80s to be called "Post Crisis"... that's what I meant.

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.