ThatArtGuy's Untitled Project FAQ (October 30, 2007)

Posted by ThatArtGuy 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
ThatArtGuy's Untitled Project FAQ (October 30, 2007)
October 30, 2007 11:47PM
This is the official FAQ for my currently (October 30, 2007) untitled RPG project. There's been some confusion lately with my project. I will try to answer as many questions as I can from what has already been asked.

What is your project?

My project is *to write, illustrate, design, and produce* a full-color, professional PDF. This PDF will be a *complete* superhero role-playing game based on the 4C System. It will be completely compatible with certain older, and much loved, games of the past.

What is the 4C System?

The 4C System was created by Phil Reed of Ronin Arts. 4C is a RPG toolkit rather than complete game system; it provides a foundation to build upon. As presented, 4C is specifically for superhero roleplaying though it could be adapted to other genres with a bit more work.

Wait! I thought *YOU* made the 4C System!

No, I was trying to assist Phil Reed in his work to make the 4C toolkit.

Now that I know that you are making your own RPG based on this toolkit, how is your project going to differ from the 4C System?

As stated above, the 4C System is simply a toolkit. It is a dirt-simple, straight-to-the-point, matter-of-fact representation of a set of rules. My project is a *complete* game. It will be a fleshed-out book with examples of play, "how to's" for people who need them, professional, full-color artwork, and a more personal feel to the text. I'm hoping to make a book that you would *want* to read (multiple times even), and would be proud to have on your bookshelf.

Huh? I thought you were making a PDF? How are we going to put this on our bookshelf?

I am planning on releasing this book at a "print-on-demand" website. From there, you can simply get the PDF. Otherwise, you can have them print the book for you in softcover, hard cover, or even hardcover with a dust cover. I want this project to become more than just a book, it's going to be a basis for a whole system of my own.

A whole system? What are your future plans?

I will be putting a *lot* of work into this project to make it the best it can be. It has to be rock-solid because I want to build accessories, supplements, and adventures for this system. It's a labor of love, and the result of a lot of blood, sweat, and tears. (More cliches to come.)

Wow! It sounds like you've put a lot of work and thought into this project! When can we expect to get it?

The people here that are familiar with me know that I don't like to give deadlines. I want it to be finished when it's ready. *However,* I am trying to get it out as soon as possible.

Is there anything else we should know about the project?

I would like to remind everyone that Phil's toolkit is public domain. However, my project will be copyrighted.

Also, if demand is high enough, I might make a black and white, printer-friendly version.

Can I contact you with any questions and comments?

Absolutely! I'm a very gregarious guy, and I am very open to people who want to talk. You can reach me here through a Private Message or through my email address: peterandmj AT hotmail DOT com. Just replace the AT and DOT with the appropriate characters and BE SURE to put something in the subject line so I won't think it's junk mail. (I don't need another mortgage, thank you.) Who knows, if you ask a good question or make a good comment, I might place it here.

TAG
Re: ThatArtGuy's Untitled Project FAQ (October 30, 2007)
November 04, 2007 10:11AM
ThatArtGuy, I was very disappointed in Phil Reed's work on the 4C toolkit. What will be different with your project to make me buy it? I have also downloaded The Skycutter's updated Books; Advanced Judges' Book; Advanced Players' Book; Ultimate Powers Book; Ultimate Talents Book:D. I agree with all the changes The Skycutter has made to update these books {His changes are impressive}! Will you be using any of his ideas/table/charts in your project? Also what will be the price of your Untitled Project and supplements? Basically my final question is, why would I want to buy this Untitled Project from you? I have emailed The Skycutter, I asked him in the email if he is going to buy your Untitled Project and if he thought it was going to be any better then Phil Reed's toolkit. The Skycutter reply was on Phil Reed's toolkit was, "It is, what it is, a toolkit nothing more!" And on your Untitled Project his reply was, "TAG is very Talented and his Untitled Project will reflect that! It will be a RPG not a toolkit!" The Cutter also stated that he was going to buy you Untitled Project when it became available. I respect The Skycutter's opinions on your Project, if he says it will be good, that means a lot to me based on his work. I just don't know if I want to spend the money on a system that is unproven without seeing some of it first! No disrespect to you ThatArtGuy, but you would not buy a car without driving it first would you?8-)
November 04, 2007 10:21AM
Damn Homie Darkling! Slam ThatArtGuy, no hero worship today...LOL Homie Darkling(:!D
November 04, 2007 01:20PM
Most of the answers you are looking for were already been addressed in the first post in this thread. It's unfortunate that you were disappointed in Phil's work. He was simply commissioned to make a tool-kit so publishers could make new material based on the old material without fear of copyright issues.

My project will be a *full* RPG. In contrast to Phil's tool-kit, my project will contain expanded text, examples of play, more optional rules, an full game mastering section, charts and tables, full color artwork, and an entire RPG experience. I think that will be enough to make you want to spend your hard earned cash. I am creating something new, from scratch, and will be (and have been) working for months on this project. I don't think anyone here expects people to work for free. When I am finished, there will most likely, be a small demo (at least sample pages). Once the price of the project has been pinned down, that information will be revealed. No one is forcing anyone to pay for something they don't want. If you like it, buy it, and tell a friend. If you don't like it, don't buy it, and tell an enemy.

If you haven't seen any of my work on this site, I suggest you download the Judge's Screen and the matching Character Sheet Set from the downloads section. I have other scanning work available here, but it has been altered by OCR software after I released it. I'm sure they'll speak about the quality of my work.

If you have more questions, please respond in a PM or at my email address contained in my first post.

TAG

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2007 01:22PM by ThatArtGuy.
November 04, 2007 01:24PM
Nuke, when you have something to useful to contribute to the board, please post. Unfortunately, I don't think that will be for awhile.

TAG
Re: ThatArtGuy
November 07, 2007 02:18PM
Bite me, TAG! Like I care what you think Homie!! LOL Peace Out(:!P)
November 07, 2007 02:30PM
ThatArtGuy, I would like to see a sample of your work for this Project before I buy it!?!(tu)
Re: ThatArtGuy
November 07, 2007 04:22PM
Point, set, and match.

TAG
November 07, 2007 04:23PM
No problem. Everyone will be able to see a sample when it's ready.

TAG

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.